• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've gone on the record as saying I'd like to see Godwin get a run in the senior team at some point. Maybe now is not the right time, but he looks to be mighty talented.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I asked a bloke I know from Soaks what his thoughts were and he was fulsome in his praise of Godwin's play and also the way he conducts himself. One for the future I hope.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks as though Sheps is available this weekend. Do we think he should come straight into 15 or leave Mafi there??

I would be inclined to leave Mafi at 15 with sheps on the bench, I thought be played really well last weekend he is on the right track to become a key member of the force backline. Fast Strong has a nice step good boot reminds me a bit like Beale but he needs to get his confidence up to be able to play like Beale.

M

Moono75

Whilst Shep has reportedly had a very good off season I would be inclined to leave Mafi in at 15 to continue his development. If he turned out to be another Beale we would be laughing. Shep can be used off the bench or play wing and move Cummins into the centres. Winston Stanley looked a bit lost.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I wouldn't even think about talking about mafi yet he had a good game but no attacking really involved. Fair enough though to see how he goes through the season when he gets more comfortable. I almost think those kicks were half flukes. Lol

However I think it's a very smart move to put shep on the wing and cummins obviously takes over from Stanley.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Good article about Angus Cotrell in the Courier Mail today. Grandad was a Wallaby hooker and captain, and Dad played half for Qld inside Paul Maclean in the late 70's.

Now that's impressive pedigree!

M

Moono75

Good article about Angus Cotrell in the Courier Mail today. Grandad was a Wallaby hooker and captain, and Dad played half for Qld inside Paul Maclean in the late 70's.

Now that's impressive pedigree!
One thing the Force does well is identify promising back row players, sign them up and give them a shot. I hope he gets some more minutes this game and continues to push for selection.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Dellit impressed me a heap last year.

Force are in the same position as the brumbies in regards to finding the right balance in the starting team. I suspect they will start putting in some really decent performances after about round 5.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Dellit is one of those guys you like in your team. He's a good footie player though without having the natural skill that others have. He gets everything out of himself that he can, unlike some gifted players in Oz Super teams I could name.

Yes, players like that are good to have in your team; so long as you don't have too many of them.

T

tranquility

The Force are my second team, and I truly have a soft spot for them because they are a team that works on graft and guts. I just really hope that Sheehan and Stannard can get some cohesion together, and that Turner can get fit and really offer some creativity towards the back end of games. Although I obviously want the Reds to win, if that crux of the game can get sorted out and blokes can stay healthy the Force will push most sides this season. I am heading out to the game on Saturday and I am expecting a close one.

M

Moono75

hhhmmmmm $5 is tempting. About time we had a one of those massive upset games.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
$5 bet... give it to a charity at least you'll have a good feeling after parting with your hard earned...
;)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
There was a rumour in the paper today that Stannard was off to a Japanese club next year. Not good for the Force if true, as another 5/8 will be lost. Hope the Force can get some stability in their inside back retention and recruitment this year or next.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
There was a rumour in the paper today that Stannard was off to a Japanese club next year. Not good for the Force if true, as another 5/8 will be lost. Hope the Force can get some stability in their inside back retention and recruitment this year or next.
I haven’t seen or read about that yet but i did just read an article about the force trying to sign a new 10 for this year.

They wanted to sign someone on a 1 year deal and then see where they are at at the end of the season because of the circumstances with willy but the ARU (David Nucifora) have rejected that idea and said they need to sign a developing player on a 2 year contract???

What a load of bull because this is good for Aus Rugby have a team with no recognised play maker in it where other Aus teams have 2-3.

Now I know what some of you will say..."you made you bed now sleep in it". But its not as simple as that.

If willy was still in the team thing might be different.

The ARU needs to pull it head out of its Arse (as does David Nucifora) and maybe try and help further Aus rugby instead of hindering it.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
The ARU needs to pull it head out of its Arse (as does David Nucifora) and maybe try and help further Aus rugby instead of hindering it.

I don't think you will get any arguement here with this statement. Problem will be how.

Hope Stannard doesn't go to Japan, but if negotiations are starting with a 'we don't know what we are doing' from the Force I can see why he might choose certainity over the off chance of getting a run on spot at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.