• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
No, Shig is right. Most people I know live in Sydney because of the nightlife. We did a bit of a straw poll at one of the G&GR Sydney drinks once, and that was the overwhelming result. Not many people know it, but Bruce Ross is a mad fan of Tiesto and Armand Van Buren, and is seen regularly at Sydney's hottest nightspots.

Lindommer is also a club junky, and was thrown out of Sugarmill the other night for trying to dance on a table with Tahyna Tozzi. Shit gets pretty crazy here, and for most Sydney G&Gers you will find rugby is our 2nd favourite thing...

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No, Shig is right. Most people I know live in Sydney because of the nightlife. We did a bit of a straw poll at one of the G&GR Sydney drinks once, and that was the overwhelming result. Not many people know it, but Bruce Ross is a mad fan of Tiesto and Armand Van Buren, and is seen regularly at Sydney's hottest nightspots.

Lindommer is also a club junky, and was thrown out of Sugarmill the other night for trying to dance on a table with Tahyna Tozzi. Shit gets pretty crazy here, and for most Sydney G&Gers you will find rugby is our 2nd favourite thing...
Speaking of which, we're skipping the Tahs Crusader's game to catch David Guetta at creamfields. Except Bruce. Complained about too much House, not enough Trance, or something.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Speaking of which, we're skipping the Tahs Crusader's game to catch David Guetta at creamfields. Except Bruce. Complained about too much House, not enough Trance, or something.

Sounds good. I think Lee Grant is coming as well, he is a big Dirty South fan.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Hahahaha. Gold. Love it. I knew people would bite. Happy it was in a good way.

I suppose it's what your after. I live an hour from Perth after moving last year. I was about 20 min before that. In my opinion all city's are disco junky hot spots now days. It's when you get out of the city's you see the true state.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hahahaha. Gold. Love it. I knew people would bite. Happy it was in a good way.

I suppose it's what your after. I live an hour from Perth after moving last year. I was about 20 min before that. In my opinion all city's are disco junky hot spots now days. It's when you get out of the city's you see the true state.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

This is what I'm constantly telling people everytime they refer to Sydney like its ALL OF NSW. Newcastle is the place to be!:D

I've been to Brissy, Canberra, Sydney, Perth. All have pos & negs. Have yet to go to Adelaide or Melbourne. Mum has been to Melbourne & loved it, aside from the AFL. On Perth, I went there for the Aus Uni Games (cant remember if that was before or after the force came to be) I think the place we played is actually where the force train now. Anyhow, I loved Perth, seemed like less of a concrete jungle than other cities (I know cities are concrete jungles but Perth seemed to be more 'open' if I could put it that way), once again the abundance of AFL is probably the one downer :( I plan to go over & watch the Crusaders play there, might not be this season though.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
back onto the Force;Nathan Sharpe last night said he will decide his playing future within the next two weeks.I suspect he will retire at the end of the season.He was interested in staying on & playing against the Lions,but with Deans Having him on outer,he will probably pull the pin

T

tranquility

In Australia that is, he would be silly not to go and milk some big bucks in Japan. He doesn't seem like a silly bloke.

M

Moono75

I think Sharpie could be inclined to stay another year after we make the finals for the first time in 2012 and he decides......why the hell not.....lets take out the whole damn competition in 2013!

At this stage of the year its still a possibility :)

M

Moono75

I was intersted to see the current membership figures for each Oz team quoted in The Telegraph newspaper today. The Force in second spot, what a great effort! Glad to see I am one of 12,649 loyal members of the Sea of Blue in 2012.
Reds 26,000
Force 12,649
Tahs 8,000
Brumbies 7,300
Rebels 6,803

The Reds are forecasting gettting 35,000 members....HUGE!

T

tranquility

That is pretty fascinating reading. The Force have always had a very parochial home crowd, which is impressive since most games have been at Subi - which is supposedly a terrible rugby ground.

M

Moono75

That is pretty fascinating reading. The Force have always had a very parochial home crowd, which is impressive since most games have been at Subi - which is supposedly a terrible rugby ground.
Subi wasn't great for rugby but the Force have played the last 2 years at NIB Stadium which is a rectangle ground more suited to rugby. The stadium is due for a big overhall in the next year or so.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

The main reason Force members were giving up their season tickets (over the first few seasons) was because they hated Subi oval. Now with NiB stadium the numbers are slowly coming back, hopefully we reach 15k+ next year. The atmosphere is 20x better and the viewing is pretty good wherever you are. (And the crowd is louder)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
NIB is awesome. The atmosphere is tops and you can always find a park within 500m and it is straight in and out of the city. I'm 175kms away and can get to the ground in 2 hours.

If it is Sharpie leaving he will get a hero's ovation at the last game. He has been the heart and soul of the Force since inception.

Status
Not open for further replies.