• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2022

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tim Sampson probably coach most them before.. I'm gutted but all of them were depth / injury cover ATM so glad they get game time next year..

Fines is a gun wish we kept him his better then Lonergan

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not to mention the fact that they were all recruited by the Brumbies from somewhere else in the first place.. Not exactly local talent they are losing.

Yeah, it doesn't matter if the Brumbies signed some of them at a young age and developed them into Super Rugby players......... because, geography?

At the least, Twiggy can send over some flowers and a thank you card.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Ben Meehan would be a good pick up for the Force, has left London Irish and was always the better half back then Stirzaker at the Rebels except TM picked his favorite. Was even keeping Phipps on the bench at Irish.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ben Meehan would be a good pick up for the Force, has left London Irish and was always the better half back then Stirzaker at the Rebels except TM picked his favorite. Was even keeping Phipps on the bench at Irish.

Fines-Leleiwasa, McDonald and Prior. Doubt they need Meehan. Best fit would probably be the tahs as he would sit above Grant.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not to mention the fact that they were all recruited by the Brumbies from somewhere else in the first place.. Not exactly local talent they are losing.

Did not make any claims about being Brumbies juniors, just a comment that they have all been through the Brumbies system.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
and QLD fans

Calm down wolf creek.. yes the Brumbies have a small catchment so they recuirt out of state.. good luck to the boys going for fame time.. wonder if kunzal and pasitoa knew the other was signing.. could end up in the same position in a worse team... More Sun though

Reactions: mst

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Calm down wolf creek.. yes the Brumbies have a small catchment so they recuirt out of state.. good luck to the boys going for fame time.. wonder if kunzal and pasitoa knew the other was signing.. could end up in the same position in a worse team. More Sun though
Same agent. Plus Fines. Not sure about Tapine.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees always liked the look of kuenzel and potential to be good 12 - last game proved that for me - I reckon you guys got a gem there and Pasitoa if he lives up to hype would be another good acquisition and long term heir for 10 position

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Calm down wolf creek.. yes the Brumbies have a small catchment so they recuirt out of state.. good luck to the boys going for fame time.. wonder if kunzal and pasitoa knew the other was signing.. could end up in the same position in a worse team. More Sun though

I so get frustrated by nsw or reds supporters wooing the loss of talent to other state super rugby sides who have much smaller local catchment. It actually works for them as players will be attracted to the game knowing they have options outside of 1 state side and FFS brumbies have proved time and time again best place to develop players and create future wallabies so frankly I don’t see the problem. This is healthy...

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I so get frustrated by nsw or reds supporters wooing the loss of talent to other state super rugby sides who have much smaller local catchment. It actually works for them as players will be attracted to the game knowing they have options outside of 1 state side and FFS brumbies have proved time and time again best place to develop players and create future wallabies so frankly I don’t see the problem. This is healthy.
Also there is the go home factor, the Force Brumbies and Rebels can look to recruit Tahs or Reds juniors put the time and effort into developing them for them to want to go home

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Excellent!
Exciting young playmaker returns to WA - June 14, 2021
The Western Force is delighted to announce the signing of Perth-raised flyhalf Reesjan Pasitoa on a two-year deal.
Read more...

That is a really good signing, remeber watching the boy in GPS in Brisbane a couple of years back.
Also really impressed with reasoning of bringing back good young local talent, a great wau to keep support for team!

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
The Force is slowly building up its WA raised players again. Ollie Callan, Michael McDonald have just got a run, Grayson Makara has been on the bench and is quality. A lot of WA raised players still playing in other Super Rugby teams. The WA under 18's just beat NSW. When the Force were cut the development was pushed back probably 3 or 4 years and is now building up again. So we will still need to rely on some eastern states or overseas recruitment for a few years but hopefully not forever. The WA Premier Grade comp is looking very strong again now. As mentioned this is good for everyone.