• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2022

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
the three others confirmed too now. All for three years - Fines, Kuenzle and Tapine.
Is it three years or two?

Be good to clarify as rugby.com.au seems to be saying the latter.

The one guy I don't know too much about is Tapine, reportedly an arrival from league.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
two. my fat fingers fail me again.

Tapine at least played club rugby up here in Brisbane for a little while before heading to the Brumbies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Is it three years or two?

Be good to clarify as rugby.com.au seems to be saying the latter.

The one guy I don't know too much about is Tapine, reportedly an arrival from league.

Tapine had a run or two in the trials. Played 13 and looked to have a lot of talent/potential.

From the Brumbies website:

Reece Tapine, 21 YO (probably at the beginning of the year), 193cm and 93kg. Came to the Brumbies this year from Norths Eagles in the Brisbane Hospital Cup. Previously played League.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Manasa Mataele coming next year. Love this. Great signing.

wow great signing - really boosted their wing stocks...I am assuming the 3 person import quota not being set down for next year which is fabulous as I personally don't believe quotas are appropriate at this stage as we need winning teams to build interest and give time for development pathways to flourish...

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Also happy with this as I differ to lot of people on here that absolutely we should look at league talent and wingers obvious players to more easily make transition to union and succeed.

How do you feel about wingers 30+ in age, no history in the sport and can’t make the team for a mid tier NRL side?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
How do you feel about wingers 30+ in age, no history in the sport and can’t make the team for a mid tier NRL side?

Probably little bit more indifferent given age and no union past pedigree. I just read media saying still good player and was in origin consideration- whether correct or not I don’t know as don’t follow league. Yeh look I like the idea of looking at league players but would not be too disappointed if Blake Ferguson not signed for reasons mentioned

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Probably little bit more indifferent given age and no union past pedigree. I just read media saying still good player and was in origin consideration- whether correct or not I don’t know as don’t follow league. Yeh look I like the idea of looking at league players but would not be too disappointed if Blake Ferguson not signed for reasons mentioned
Sam Ayoub is also Koribete’s agent, so he probably sees merit is moving Ferguson over to Rugby as the retirement plan.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

I think at the right price he could add something to any of our 5 sides but only if he falls into someones lap because someone else has under valued him. I follow less nrl than I do afl which is less than our game but from everything I see Fergo has really turned his life & teams around in the 2nd half of his career but I wouldn't be selling the farm for magic beans.