• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2022

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just going to let this thread sit for a little while in an effort to repair relationships with those in far off lands!

Please add any updates with a link to evidence

Prop:
Santiago Medrano - 2022
Angus Wagner - 2022
Bo Abra - Prop 2022
Harry Lloyd -
Greg Holmes - ???
Tom Robertson - ???

Hooker
Feleti Kaitu'u - 2022
Andrew Ready - 2022

Jack Winchester - 2022

Lock
Fergus Lee-Warner - 2022
Ryan McCauley - 2022
Izack Rodda - 2022

Jackson Pugh - 2022
Sitalecki Timani - ??
Jeremy Thrush - ??

Back Row
Tim Anstee - 2022
Kane Koteka - 2022
Brynard Stander - 2022

Ollie Callan - 2022

Srumhalf
Ian Prior - 2022

Michael McDonald - 2022
Isaak Fines - 2023

Flyhalf
Jake McIntyre - 2022

Reesjan Pasitoa - 2023

Bayley Kuenzle - 2023
Jack McGregor - 2022
Jake Strachan -

Centre
Kyle Godwin - 2022

Grason Makara - 2022

Richard Kahui - ??

Outside Back
Brad Lacey -
Byron Ralston - 2022
Reece Tapine - 2023
Manasa Mataele - 2023

Daniel Ala - 2022
Toni Pulu - ??

Fullback

Academy
Andrew Romano (LHP)
Siosifa Amone (THP)
Rupeni Mataele (Wing)
George Poolman (Flyhalf)
Campbell Parata (Flyhalf)
Ned Slack Smith (Back Row)
Alex Masibaka (Number 8)
Jordan Williams (Wing)
Luka Callan (Lock)
Connor Seve (Lock)

Unsigned:
Victor Harris - 2021 WTS

Confirmed Gone:
Domingo Miotti - Glasgow
Tomas Cubelli - Biarritz
Tevita Kuridrani - Biarritz
Tomas Lezana - Scarlets
Rob Kearney - unsigned
Jono Lance - unsigned
Jordan Olowofela - back to UK
Kieran Longbottom - retired
Henry Taefu -
Moana Pacifika
Jonah Placid - unsigned
Marcel Brache - released
Chris Heiberg -
unsigned

Last edited:

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
The list on TWF has Robertson and Cubelli on for 2022, although tough to find out whether that's accurate or not. Hopefully it is, as they've both been good for us this year.

So the obvious areas for concern are (somewhat in priority order):
Flyhalf: This is the number 1 priority, and we should hopefully be trying to get Pasitoa back to WA. Lance & McIntyre are serviceable back-ups, but would be good to have someone who can create more in attack.

Tighthead prop: question mark over whether Holmes and/or Longbottom have another season in them

Attack Coach: I think it's pretty clear from our play this year that we need a lot more assistance in this area

Centre: Would like to see Taefu re-signed. Kahui has been good, but not sure he's got another season in him. Kuridrani has been underwhelming. Godwin is a bit prone to injury, so need to ensure adequate cover.

Outside Back: Ralston is good on one wing. Would re-sign Pulu, and then need another 1 or 2 good options.

Hooker: Would be good to do better than Ready as our main back-up. Clearly liable to brain explosions as we've seen this year. Winchester still a work in progress

Backrow: Stocks are pretty good, but would be great to get Hardwick or Tizzano back. Need a back-up for Stander at 8.

Lock: Stocks look good and will hopefully be further bolstered by Jake Ball. Would be good to sign Timani for another year also.

Fullback: Probably reasonably well covered here with the 2 options plus fly-halves. Kearney may also stay for another perhaps. Obviously wouldn't say no to some other excellent, world-class attacking weapon though.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good to have an opportunity to broaden the horizon and start thinking/talking about next year.

With the current state of Civid19 in our region, sadly I can't see Global Rapid Rugby getting going again next year.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Good to have an opportunity to broaden the horizon and start thinking/talking about next year.

With the current state of Civid19 in our region, sadly I can't see Global Rapid Rugby getting going again next year.

By next year everyone who can understand basic chemistry and biology and doesn't have a compromised immune system will be vaccinated. It will hopefully be a different environment.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
By next year everyone who can understand basic chemistry and biology and doesn't have a compromised immune system will be vaccinated. It will hopefully be a different environment.

The real concern Sully is the guidelines in the USA are telling people that even two people who have both been immunised are unable to meet in either of their houses...??!!

But I too am hopeful that we'll be a different world before the next rugby season.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The real concern Sully is the guidelines in the USA are telling people that even two people who have both been immunised are unable to meet in either of their houses.??!!

But I too am hopeful that we'll be a different world before the next rugby season.
My understanding is that you can still carry the virus after immunisation (it prevents the virus from causing the disease - i.e. you can carry it but will be asymptomatic).

So, really, it shouldn't alter your behaviour until everyone is immunised. But once we've immunised everyone restrictions should be lifted.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lot of good young 10s stuck behind others at brumbies and also tahs (Donaldson). Force need a quality young 10 to groom and picking up one of these has to be priority. Particularly as Lance near end of the road, miotti off to Glasgow and McIntyre proving underwhelming so far.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Thanks for setting up this thread.

hoping we can resign Robertson, Holmes, Thrush, Timani, Cubelli, Kuridrani, Pulu, Kahui and Kearney

And maybe add Tizzano, Ball, another 10 and maybe another decent centre and wing.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Prior to start with McDonald on the bench for the season opening games and then switch a few rounds in? Hopefully the Force get some games without Wallabies and marquees at the end of this year or beginning of next year to develop combinations further.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Very disappointed to lose Cubelli.

Over the course of the Force's history we've found it difficult at half backs. Was great to finally have a combination that seemed to gel with Cubelli and Miotti but now we're losing both.

I'd accepted losing Miotti but now Cubelli too means a bit of a loss of intelligence in our generals. Prior is an ok 9 and a valuable squad member but if we want to be fighting for the finals we need a better started. McDonald is unproven and the fact he hasn't seen bench time ahead of the limited Prior worries me.

I know people wont like this but I feel we need to actively recruit a new starting 9 & 10 for next season.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Prior to start with McDonald on the bench for the season opening games and then switch a few rounds in?

This sounds good, although Prior has been pretty disappointing this season so hopefully McDonald is able to provide more. Disappointing McDonald's been out for a large part of the year with injury and hopefully he's able to recover in time to play some of the Trans-Tasman.
Would be good to get someone like Issak Fines-Leleiwasa (since he's stuck behind Nick White and perhaps Ryan Lonergan) or Ryan Louwrens back for the 3rd spot. Local boy Rory O'Sullivan didn't look too bad when given a run the last couple of years either.

Any other possible options....?

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
This sounds good, although Prior has been pretty disappointing this season so hopefully McDonald is able to provide more. Disappointing McDonald's been out for a large part of the year with injury and hopefully he's able to recover in time to play some of the Trans-Tasman.
Would be good to get someone like Issak Fines-Leleiwasa (since he's stuck behind Nick White and perhaps Ryan Lonergan) or Ryan Louwrens back for the 3rd spot. Local boy Rory O'Sullivan didn't look too bad when given a run the last couple of years either.

Any other possible options..?

It pains me to say it as he's been a loyal player and obviously well liked. He's almost a West Aussie by now but if Prior is our starting 9 we're not going to win anything. He's a steady player. He's good at most things but doesn't really excel at anything.
That's fine as a fill in or at Rapid Rugby level but at Super level we need someone a little more dynamic.

I'm sorry, I hate to feel I'm bagging a player but it's just my opinion.