• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well guys........................................broken record for most posts, most pages........................I think this calls for a celebration

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

L

Leo86

That'll be a change from sticking it to Aboriginal land owners...

Shit mate i hope you got your facts right

Call me naive but Twiggy has for a long time been pushin 20 for 2020 (i think its called) 20% indigenous work force by 2020. Not just a focus for FMG (which he hasnt been the ceo of for a while now) but pushing in all industries.

To be honest i never thought id ever be defending Twiggy but i wont walk around with blinkers in the industry/state im a part of. Ive worked for many major corporations in the Pilbara. FMG i have only been contracted too but by far have been the most genuine.

But back to the top. Shit mate

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Well rumour has it you guys are the experts in dodgy land deals

It was referred to the Federal Police, who the in turn referred the matter to ASIC (Australian Securities and Investment Commission) last November. Things move very slow in Canberra as still waiting to hear about this.

The Board of NSW and Qld are unbelievably incompetent, but there is a difference between incompetence and being under ASIC investigation. This needs to be resolved to allow good decisions to be made as to the future of Australian Rugby.

Forget about the players, do we honestly have enough talent in Australia to run Boards for 5 Super Rugby clubs and the ARU . It's an outdated governance model.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Forget about the players, do we honestly have enough talent in Australia to run Boards for 5 Super Rugby clubs and the ARU
This is the greatest sentence in this entire thread. I'm still laughing. Brilliant.
The whole Super Rugby culling process was initiated because we don't have enough talent for the 6 boardrooms.

T

TOCC

from twitter: Ben Darwin doesn't believe there is an issue with the coaching or management in Australian Rugby

half

Alan Cameron (40)
^^^^^^^^^

I am Force

Question for you.

I don't know Twiggy's rugby history aside from the fact that he is a sponsor of the Force.

Can you give us a kinda overview of his rugby background as we are getting excited that he could be our very own Frank Lowy. Or maybe our own Kerry Packer.

Thanks mate as I have little to no idea of his rugby story.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^

I am Force

Question for you.

I don't know Twiggy's rugby history aside from the fact that he is a sponsor of the Force.

Can you give us a kinda overview of his rugby background as we are getting excited that he could be our very own Frank Lowy. Or maybe our own Kerry Packer.

1. Since the Western Force went to the system of individual Sponsorship for Jerseys after the loss of Emirates as Naming Sponsor. FMG has sponsored Matt Hodgsons Jersey.

2. A quick check of Wikipedia showed Andrew Forrest attended Hale School in year 11 and 12 in 1978 and 1979.

A Forrest was a member of the Hale School First Fifteen in 1979.

That's all info from a Force fan that he wanted to pass on to all.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If Twiggy is really interested in rugby it has taken him a long time to show it. Unless I have missed something along the way??

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
^^^^^^^^^

I am Force

Question for you.

Is his background really important, if he wants to help then that should be enough.

I dont think Gina Reinhardt is a known swimming person but Hancock Prospecting spent heaps on swimming. Was Packer a cricketer?

Having successful people from outside the system who want to help is what is needed. He will not have mates he feels he needs to look after.

Status
Not open for further replies.