• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
It’s good to see that Women’s rugby is no different to men’s in that they forensically examine every potential Aussie foul play and don’t even check a NZ dodgy head high or try.

Yep its pretty much "wow, this game is great! How do we completely roger this up the klacker and ruin everyones good time?!".

Wallaroo with a hand on an All fern shoulder in one of those tackles. Watch out girl you'll miss 4 games with that shit.

Between this BS and the milking in loig im watching more and more mma instead...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wallaroos were unlucky to lose both girls to YC I thought, both probably were maybe YCs (though not sure about the knock down one), but if first one had been picked up earlier then second one wouldn't have happened? All in all was a little confused with some of rulings for both teams, but overall was reasonably entertained with the match. I guessing both teams will be better for game.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Personally I thought the first YC was bollocks, but the second took quite some referee gymnastics to avoid red. Certainly I did not bother watching after that second card, but that doesn't mean it wasn't legit.

Have to say I'm really impressed by the athleticism by both teams. Absolute sportswomen. Women's rugby is going great places.

Pokinacha

Jim Clark (26)
They completely ignored the kiwi knockdown when the Wallaroos were in the kiwi 22. Even the player stuck her hands up trying to claim innocence.

kiwis just too strong at the end. They have some seriously good 80min players

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Also women should be able to take conversions a bit closer. It's like they know they can't make the kicks from the edge anyway

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
NZ third try was after numerous offsides and playing the Aussie half back. NZ playing the ball numerous times when laying on the ground. Not sure what they look at

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
She
Personally I thought the first YC was bollocks, but the second took quite some referee gymnastics to avoid red. Certainly I did not bother watching after that second card, but that doesn't mean it wasn't legit.

Have to say I'm really impressed by the athleticism by both teams. Absolute sportswomen. Women's rugby is going great places.
Was stationary and the black fwrms player headbutted her shoulder. She also milked it. I bet no one will go on like they did with white.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
2 yellow cards at once even after black feens spend 30 min playing the ball on the ground while wallaroos are on attack. Turned it off when that happened.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
2 yellow cards at once even after black feens spend 30 min playing the ball on the ground while wallaroos are on attack. Turned it off when that happened.

I watched the first 20 minutes and was shocked at what the referee was allowing by NZ at the ruck. Literally grabbing the ball while on the ground, not allowing for any kind of release, off their feet, constantly offsides.

The officiating is such a shit show I just turned the game off at that point.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interested to read on another forum, someone who was at park,and watching the teams warm up for England/Fiji game. Said England had seemingly a spare trainer for each player, and every bit of gear imanginable, Fiji had a few inflatable hit shields and a few cones. Certainly he said you saw the gulf between the have and have nots.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've finally worked it out: @Shiggins isn't a one-eyed Australian supporter, he just has heterochromia: one eye green, the other gold :rolleyes:.

Thought the occasion got to some of the NZ women: Sarah Hirini who's usually so cool & calm looked distinctly panicky at times as did several others. Once they got that sorted the passes started sticking & they were able to run the Wallaroos down.

Noticeable that some of the Wallaroos were gassed by half time & that also helped NZ back into the game, as obviously did the simultaneous 2 x YC which I thought were both justified but unfortunate the first wasn't picked up in real time thereby preventing the second.

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Thought the ref was against yellow cards given how many penalties NZ gave away and warnings were provided to them in their red zone, but nah. I turned the game off after the two yellow cards, it ruined the game

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Thought the ref was against yellow cards given how many penalties NZ gave away and warnings were provided to them in their red zone, but nah. I turned the game off after the two yellow cards, it ruined the game

Seems a common thing that we turned off after the cards, so did I. I was actually enjoying it up to that stage. Don't know how the knock down was a yellow. Seemed to go back to me and it's not like it was a try scoring opportunity they were still a long way out and lots of defenders around. Really that whole knock on yellow thing needs to be looked at seriously, it's a joke interpretation that is not remotely reflective of how the game is played. Both sides probably have much to complain about but the refereeing was poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.