• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The TMO I believe was the same woman who did an earlier Wallabies test and interrupted at every opportunity. I bet she was a school prefect, geez I hate petty individuals who have no feeling for a situation, “ it’s the rules”

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
It’s getting worse. Joy Neville completely ignoring some penalties in favour of the red roses. Bit hard to miss the English loose head dropping her bind when she did it again two scrums earlier

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Wallabies player headbutts Scottish palyers shoulder and gets a red card hahaha.
I saw a few headclashes with Scotland tackling and the tmo didn't say anything.

I let really does feel like tmos go out of their way to screw over Aussie sides

Last edited:

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
My lord, our game is absolutely fucked.. the last 10 minutes of game time took over 30 minutes to complete - the fucking officials just wanted to get their mugs onto the telly - seriously, you can use slow motion on practically every contact point in any game, and you will see so-called injustices..
Some of the refs interpretations of mitigation was just wrong, and frustrating to hear.
The Marsters high tackle, there was not considerable force in that one - should have been a YC only - how she got to 'serious dip in height by the attacker' for mitigation was just bullshit. And why don't the touchie/ muppets say something meaningful when she asks "is eveyrone happy with that outcome?" Political correctness gone mad

And the second RC ended up being a RC for repeat infringements?! Fuck me hard..

I shudder to think what will happen over the next few weeks for this tournament, and the mens RWC next year...
How about wallaroos player clearly held back on the break with 2 minutes left and no intervention to call the penalty. Clear as day.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I don't want anyone to go all rassie but if someone checks the Scottish high tackles/ head clash tackles that were not checked vs the wallaroos ones (especially once the wallaroos were in front) I think everyone would be quite surprised. They might not be intentionally favoring one side but they definately are.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I mean it's hard to argue against, I do think all the Wallabies' tackles were at least worth looking at but if you're going to hold that standard and not a single Scottish tackle was checked... yeah nah.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I mean it's hard to argue against, I do think all the Wallabies' tackles were at least worth looking at but if you're going to hold that standard and not a single Scottish tackle was checked... yeah nah.
And this is the source of all of the frustration. You either use the TMO consistently and check every tackle, which would entirely rule out aggrieved parties as every glancing blow or skewed clean out is getting carded equally, and in the process stretch out this already ridiculous game by another hour, or you fucking dramatically cut the TMO powers as soon as possible. Doing it sometimes and sometimes not is what is driving people insane.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah I can't believe I'm saying this but league have it right. If you spot high tackles (unless they're really bad like Taane Milne if you saw that one) - put the player on report and deal with it after the game. Get the game moving.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Watched a fair bit of that England/France game, was bloody good. Another level to other games I have seen in cup, which I admit hasn't been any awful lot. Watched Wallaroos/Scotland yesterday, and this looked a different game. English girls looked so bloody well coached, and both teams looked very confident asn realxed doing the basics etc. I would be surprised if it not same teams in final, but to be fair haven't seen Canada yet.
Not writing off any other teams or anything, just impression I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.