• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrisbaneRugby93

I see. Sounds like a good performance from Villa and that will certainley hold them in good stead for their Round 4 (Tiger Cup) clash thisweekend against Iona. Im really looking forward to the game; last year Iona won by a point in the final minutes and in past years (2010 being the exception) the games have always been relatively close and of a high standard. I'm tipping Iona to get across the line this year but if Villa can retain possession and dominate in the forwards we could be in for an upset. It will be a very entertaining match anyway.

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
i heard brayden torpy is in the met east rugby league team which is competing at state champs this week and weekend anyone confirm this or is he playing school this weekend?

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
That's very disapointing for all what happened to school before club etc? Apparently pats have been fielding under strength because players are putting other commitments before school. I not blaming the players, I tryed it on myself but i was reminded by the coach in strong terms of my commitments to the school and team.why are coaches and sport masters going soft on this? ????

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Round 4 fixtures

St. Peters vs. Padua
Iona vs. Villanova
St. Pats vs. St. Edmunds
Ashgrove vs. St. Laurences

Thoughts ???
Peters v Padua: Peters are starting to gain some momentum and might be tough to stop at home this weekend. Padua have had a tough start to the year and are will be 0-4 at the end of this weekend. Peters by 15.
Iona v Villanova: Losing Torpy is a big blow for Villa, Iona have been the big underachievers so far this year and will be annoyed over last weekends loss. Will be tight but Iona at home might just have the edge. Iona by 7.
St Pats v St Edmunds: Old boys day at Pats apparently, could get ugly on and off the field if Eddies start piling the points on early. Pats will fire up for sure but Eddies wont have forgotten the fact that they lost 2 years ago and will keen to make amends in a big way. Eddies by 55.
Ashgrove v Lauries: The biggest game in AIC. Ashgrove must win to keep any premiership hopes alive, Lauries are after redemption following last weekends shocker and Ashgrove on Mcmahon Oval provides no better opportunity for them. Both sides will be pumped up and it will come down to who dominates in the forwards. On what has been seen so far Ashgrove probably have the edge but it will be very close in my opinion. Ashgrove by 3.

P

pick and go

Peters v padua - Peters will dominate
Iona v Villa - What a cracker of a match up. The boys in the green will come home tho
Pats and Eddies - Eddies will dominate but no major scoreline Eddies by 20
Ash v Lauries - Biggest rivals in the AIC, big crowd big game. If Ash forwards are dominate they can do it, but if they aren't expect lauries to go close. to close to call

BGA

Bob McCowan (2)
Peters v Padua: Peters are starting to gain some momentum and might be tough to stop at home this weekend. Padua have had a tough start to the year and are will be 0-4 at the end of this weekend. Peters by 15.
Iona v Villanova: Losing Torpy is a big blow for Villa, Iona have been the big underachievers so far this year and will be annoyed over last weekends loss. Will be tight but Iona at home might just have the edge. Iona by 7.
St Pats v St Edmunds: Old boys day at Pats apparently, could get ugly on and off the field if Eddies start piling the points on early. Pats will fire up for sure but Eddies wont have forgotten the fact that they lost 2 years ago and will keen to make amends in a big way. Eddies by 55.
Ashgrove v Lauries: The biggest game in AIC. Ashgrove must win to keep any premiership hopes alive, Lauries are after redemption following last weekends shocker and Ashgrove on Mcmahon Oval provides no better opportunity for them. Both sides will be pumped up and it will come down to who dominates in the forwards. On what has been seen so far Ashgrove probably have the edge but it will be very close in my opinion. Ashgrove by 3.

I'd have to agree with this prediction, sums up each contest pretty well, however, I would tip Villa over Ioan, solely due to their hard working, unified forward pack. Should they dominate the slow ball, and stay strong in defense, then the backs should be able to work with space and convert this into points even without Torpy. Should be a tight contest nonetheless.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
I hear Peters will be fielding a severely depleted backline this week. Will need the forwards to really step-up if they want to beat a competitive Padua side.

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'd have to agree with this prediction, sums up each contest pretty well, however, I would tip Villa over Ioan, solely due to their hard working, unified forward pack. Should they dominate the slow ball, and stay strong in defense, then the backs should be able to work with space and convert this into points even without Torpy. Should be a tight contest nonetheless.
I disagree Iona over Villa due to the fact that Iona has a more mobile foward pack then Villa & the backline is stronger then Villas backline

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
why injury? could be costly?

The flyhalf was injured with about 20 minutes to go against the game v Iona. Not too sure how serious it is but I have heard he will at least sit out this week. One winger has concussion and is out for one week.
I have also heard, the Inside who slotted in at 10 last week has to play in a League carnival this weekend, which is a shame for Peters because he played well when out of position last week and kicked them out of danger and into Iona's half when they were under immense pressure. I think they will cover the wing OK, but it will be crucial how their inside backs combine against Padua.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Can't say I agree with players not playing games due to other sporting commitments. If you're not going to commit to a full season of 1st XV Rugby, you don't deserve to be playing as you can bet that there are so many other young men wanting to be in the position.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Can't say I agree with players not playing games due to other sporting commitments. If you're not going to commit to a full season of 1st XV Rugby, you don't deserve to be playing as you can bet that there are so many other young men wanting to be in the position.
fully agree
should we cancel this weekends aic comp to fit in with the league game?
I would hate to hear years from now:
we would had smashed you if .........
we would have won the premiership if........
you would not have won the premiership if.......
your lucky we didn't have our full strength team because of........
the @#$% league carnival
commit fully or just don't bother.
as i have ask before why are coaches / sports master going soft?

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
This seems to be the first year where it has taken the most amount of players out, unless I just haven't been paying attention to it in previous years. I understand if players have a legal commitment, but if they do then they shouldn't be put in the position where they need to miss a game or two as it lets down their coaches, their school and most importantly their peers. I guess it's possible that some of the schools who don't have powerhouse rugby programs need all the talent they can get, and might be a reason why the coaches and sports masters are going soft. That being said, should be a great round of footy tomorrow, will be interesting to see how St Peters go against Padua with a team apparently lacking some of the talent they've had on offer in the previous rounds.

Gps rules

Frank Row (1)
fully agree
should we cancel this weekends aic comp to fit in with the league game?
I would hate to hear years from now:
we would had smashed you if .........
we would have won the premiership if........
you would not have won the premiership if.......
your lucky we didn't have our full strength team because of........
the @#$% league carnival
commit fully or just don't bother.
as i have ask before why are coaches / sports master going soft?

Maybe Gps have got it right playing their comp in third term after all the league rep commitments considering the high rate of league players in their teams. The state carnival this week is a school competition not a club commitment and from my personal experience I am sure all those boys would love to play both if they could.If they did not have the commitment why would they have all bothered training 2 and 3 days a week since last year. ("to not bother") Well, you either do not pick them at all, but those league boys are assets to there teams, look at how many are on scholarships in our gps comp the schools want them so deal with it.....

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
If they were to move Rugby and Soccer to term 3, there would just be a massive gap where boys wouldn't really have a sport to play. Who is Torpy playing for by the way, because Villa definitely doesn't play league.

paddywagen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Halftime St Peters 19 vs Padua 7. Peters LHS are killing it though Left wing for Peters just went off with what looks like a serious ankle injury. BTW Padua Forwards are ENORMOUS - though fairly ponderous. If the first half are anything to go by Peters should win comfortably.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Iona 37 v Villa 12
Iona out played Villa in all aspects, lots of holes in villa D line which Iona punched, standouts
no 8 iona (again)
no 3 iona some great hit ups
no 13 iona great to see this player finally running straight in a weak channel
no 15 iona very slippery and fast.

S

Saints supporter

Saints 30 Padua 21 rough game, fingers crossed that Moses comes through, amazing player but credit to the rest of the team for getting the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.