• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 IRB Junior World Championship - France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
No Wells or Horwitz either. Godwin from the Force is still eligible as well.

I think Wells and Horwitz are injured and as Sautia and Godwin are regular members of Super Franchises (Browning may not yet be considered a regular member of the REDS playing group). As such the franchise may not want to release them. If they cannot train with the group and become familiar with other team members leading up to the JWC they may not be in the running

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hold up, so is Cusack eligible but not picked due to 7's duty? I assume Sean McMahon is in the same boat?

I wonder if F'Sautia, Cusack and McMahon will come into the fold for the final squad?

Maybe Malouf as well although I am unsure if he is still eligible.
There was a decision made earlier in the year that anyone involved with the 7's program would not be eligible for the 20's. The 7's World championship is on in Moscow straight after the JWC

T

tranquility

Surely Sautia, Browning, McMahon, Cusack etc should tour.

Potentially winning one of these competitions would do our rugby program, and the individual players involved the absolute world of good.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well no not the 7s players because they'll lack preparation for the 7s World Cup. Anyway the squad last year was full of 7s players and the majority of them were really poor, not enough 15 man rugby for them.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Well no not the 7s players because they'll lack preparation for the 7s World Cup. Anyway the squad last year was full of 7s players and the majority of them were really poor, not enough 15 man rugby for them.

But the year before we had players like Gill, Sitauti and Morahan come out of the 7's and then perform strongly at the WC.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Do better ACT.

Although in saying that you Tom Cusack is on 7s duty, and even we did have a national draft he would go very, very early.

Carl Elliot (Wests) is listed as NSW when he in fact plays for Wests in the John I Dent cup. So that should be 3 to ACT, plus Cusack and Lewis Holland both being ruled out due to sevens duty (both went last year to JWC).

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
Gill was poor in last year's u20s for his standards
You can add Frisby, Faalavaau, and Seuteni to others who struggled at the last World Cup, however not much can bee said for Nucifora's coaching tactics as well. They were a shamblees last year. Hopefully back up the food chain this year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thought Coleman, White or Shatz were our best. But yeah he was much better then than 2 years later.

Looking back on the 2010 side, all of the starting team has played Super rugby. Not bad.

AUSTRALIA U20
15. Luke Morahan (Queensland Reds)
14. Dominic Shipperley (Reds Academy)
13. Kimani Situati (Reds Academy)
12. Robbie Coleman (Brumby Runners)
11. Aidan Toua (Reds Academy)
10. Matt To’omua (Eastern Suburbs/Brumbies)
9. Nic White (Brumby Runners)
8. Jake Schatz [c] (Queensland Reds)
7. Liam Gill (Reds Academy)
6. Ed Quirk (Reds Academy)
5. Greg Peterson (Manly/HSBC Junior Waratahs)
4. Phoenix Battye (Sydney University/HSBC Junior Waratahs)
3. Paul Alo-Emile (Reds Academy)
2. Siliva Siliva (Western Force Academy)
1. Salesi Manu (Manly/HSBC Junior Waratahs)
Reserves
16. Sam Roberson (Sydney University/HSBC Junior Waratahs)
17. Cruz Ah-Nau (Western Force Academy)
18. Luke Jones (Sydney University/Western Force)
19. Locky McCaffrey (Eastwood/HSBC Waratahs)
20. Ian Prior (University of Queensland)
21. Jono Lance (Reds Academy)

22. Greg Jeloudev (Sydney University/HSBC Junior Waratahs)

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Props
Alaaltoa
Fotuaika
Hoskins
Kavapalu
Kite
Latu
Pryor-Lees

Hookers
Ngauamo
Ready
Wakely
Wilson

Locks
Carroll
Fattal
Manukeu
Mitchell
Philip
Staniforth
Thomas

Backrow
Baldwin
Browning
Dempsey
Dombkins
Hemopo
Sio
Whiteley
Wells

Halves
Meehan
Merriman
Pulver
Gale
Wessels

Fly-half
Burton
Debreczeni
Green
Hodge
McIntyre
Milne
Seuteni

Centres
Foketi
Freeman
Ingate
Kerevi
Robinson
Stewart
Taefu
Sautia

Wing
Lacey
Muirhead
Northam
Parker

Fullback
Placid
Porch

Unknown
Karl Elliott

A breakup of the names in Canberra (and a couple of others that i think will be considered) by position.

Intersting that i can only find 4 wingers, I think some of those centres may be destined for some time on the wing

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Snout reports spotting 2013 Schoolboys captain Mitch Whiteley at TG Milner #2 on Saturday with a pretty serious looking knee brace on.

This may be the end of his tilt at U20 selection this year.

Is he young enough to get a go in 2014?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The players and clubs have been told who is in the squad. Don't understand why they need to wait until the 29th to tell the world.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
We lost 47-26 in a warm up match to the mini Pumas. We made a host of changes for the 2nd tour game trailed 28-0 at half time thought back within 28-26 then the Pumas pivot ripped the snot out of us He looks quite a find and another one from their 10 factory. Fernandez is his surname if I am not mistaken look out for him

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ralian-under-20s/story-fn8t7efs-1226623393148

Allan Ala'alatoa, Mark Baldwin, Curtis Browning (c), Luke Burton, Jack Dempsey, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Oliver Hoskins, Siotome Kavapalu, Samu Kerevi, Phil Kite, Brad Lacey, Silatolu Latu, Jake McIntyre, Ben Meehan, Jock Merriman, Maile Ngauamo, Alex Northam, Harry Parker, Matt Philip, Jonah Placid, Andrew Ready, Ulupano Seuteni, Patrick Sio, Thomas Staniforth, Henry Taefu, Senio Toleafoa, Michael Wells, Waldo Wessels

Status
Not open for further replies.