1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 IRB Junior World Championship - France

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by Hugh Jarse, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Sidbarret Fred Wood (13)

http://www.sarugby.net/article.aspx?category=sarugby/juniors&id=1898404
  2. Rassie Trevor Allan (34)

I notice those SARU contracted players. Are those guys who didn't get a contract from a union from not being good enough so SARU signed them and put them in anyway?
  3. Sidbarret Fred Wood (13)

re The Baby Bok side

Fewer big name forwards than the 2012 vintage, but should be able to put together a really excellent 10-15.

Pollard - Pietersen - Serfontein - Swanepoel - Senatla - Koble will do some damage if the forwards can deliver some ball to them.
  4. Sidbarret Fred Wood (13)

I think these are players that have been signed to the sevens side, but I am pretty sure Geduld has played a couple of games for WP vodacom cup team.
    Rassie likes this.
  5. WorkingClassRugger Desmond Connor (43)

I'm going to say, that Argentina are the smoky's for this tournament. Even more so than last year. They recently beat their SA equivalents 2-1.
  6. Rassie Trevor Allan (34)

Yeah we played around like that with them last year as well semi final time we smoked them. Guys getting to know each other. Young lads hopefully learned the lesson at a young age unlike our seniors and Meyer last year trying to play the power game with the Argies in their own back yard. They will murder you and problem with South Africa we are too predictable. Not even mentioning what happens on the field but with squad selections. Choosing the big bashers you might as well let your opponents come watch you practice as those big bashers will be gang tackled whole day long.
  7. Jets Greg Davis (50)

Who have they selected that isn't eligible to play for the Wallabies under IRB regulations? No one. Yes guys play for other JRWC teams one year and Aust the next but they were either born here or have lived here for over 3 years. I know at least 10 guys from the last 6 years who have lived in Aust most, if not all, of their lives and have played for Tonga, Samoa or Fiji. I think it helps these teams get the best players on the field.
    Samoa did a recruitment trip to Aust one year looking for players Samoan qualified.
  8. USARugger Chilla Wilson (44)

Looking forward to the USA U-20s joining the big boys this year :)

An upset or two would be nice. If Hughes is still eligible for the tournament this year I wouldn't be surprised if some contract offers start trickling in from Europe if he can maintain the form he's shown for the past ~2 years.
  9. Stallion Allen Oxlade (6)

Australia can cherry pick from Tasmania because it is part of Australia Rassie :)
    tranquility likes this.
  10. GaffaCHinO Jim Lenehan (48)

Question the boys that played for a different team last yeah and will turn out for aus this year when did they come to aus?

I have no problem if they came here at a young age and their rugby was developed by the aus system for them not to make to aus u20 team last year prob due to age and others in front of them why not allow them to play for teams like tonga and samoa to help strenghen those team.

This year they were good enough for the aus team so they play for them..

However i do have a problem if they were brouht over at 16/17 or even worse after their preformace last year at the u20s to make the aus teams better.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
  11. Jets Greg Davis (50)

They can not play for Australia unless they have lived here over 3 years. No one has been picked up from the JRWC to play for the Aust U20 team.
  12. qwerty51 Rod McCall (65)

It's more likely they've lived in Aus their whole life and got selected for the Islanders u20s before Aus selection
  13. WorkingClassRugger Desmond Connor (43)

They scored some amazing tries in that game.
  14. USARugger Chilla Wilson (44)

Yes they did! The kid playing 1 had one of the nastiest steps in the entire tournament :p
  15. Rassie Trevor Allan (34)

I know that its part of Tasmania I threw that in for a bit of comedy value. And I only use Australia as a example I am not saying Australia is doing it. You can replace Australia and put any tier 1 nation there. Its the scenario that is important and what I was trying to explain ;)
    Stallion likes this.
  16. Rassie Trevor Allan (34)

That was a example mate. AUstralia is not doing it. I am trying to explain to you what the rules actially states and what teams could do. You can replace Australia with every top rugby playing country in that sentence.
    Jets likes this.
  17. Hugh Jarse Moderator

The organisers of the 1988 Brisbane Commonwealth Games will take issue with what you have just stated about Tasmania.

The Map of Australia at the opening ceremony did not include any islands to the south of the mainland.

I digress.
  18. an observer Allen Oxlade (6)

Back to the Australian U 20's and prep for World Championships, there is a trial game tomorrow against Papua New Guinea. Anyone have any thoughts? News? Team lists?
  19. Rassie Trevor Allan (34)

A family that bunks together stays together
  20. JT0406 Peter Burge (5)

Line up for today's trial game (AUS) againgst PNG?