• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 IRB Junior Rugby World Cup - Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddy

Peter Burge (5)
interesting fact,by chance chatted to Tolu Latu , said folau Fainga'a is his cousin, also said they had another cousin who played for the tahs Chris Siale a while back.nice lil family connection. If i was folau i would be absorbing as much as i can from Latu

Adam Korczyk had a great game for the reds against the cheetahs, now Browing is injured , i think he be with the red for the remainder of the season, will this effect him playing the WC? or will super be finish by then

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
interesting fact,by chance chatted to Tolu Latu , said folau Fainga'a is his cousin, also said they had another cousin who played for the tahs Chris Siale a while back.nice lil family connection. If i was folau i would be absorbing as much as i can from Latu

Adam Korczyk had a great game for the reds against the cheetahs, now Browing is injured , i think he be with the red for the remainder of the season, will this effect him playing the WC? or will super be finish by then

Well, I hope he is available because he is playing well. I gave him faint praise in this thread but I retract that. He seemed to have good hands at the front of the lineout and was great at backing up in Bloem.

Though doing a different job, there's a bit of Gill and Hooper about him.

He'll never be big enough to be a bruiser, which is a pity, though Sean McMahon (a different player I know) surprised me as one who seemed not to have the physical potential to fit into a pro side as a regular.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Has there been any word on the upcoming Oceania U20s? First game vs Samoa is on Friday. QRU usually do a bloody excellent job with the live streaming, anyone heard anything on this? Would love to see the team in action.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has there been any word on the upcoming Oceania U20s? First game vs Samoa is on Friday. QRU usually do a bloody excellent job with the live streaming, anyone heard anything on this? Would love to see the team in action.

your wish is their command:

People who are not able to travel to Bond University to watch the tournament will be able to watch through rugby.com.au and oceaniarugby.com through a live stream of each match.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Lolo Fakaosilea got faint praise in this thread for his play in Canberra yet he looked like a dominant player for the few minutes he played for the Reds yesterday - if you translate that to the U20 level.

If he can play like that in the World U20s, he's a player we will need. Korczyk started and again didn't look out of place. He wouldn't be the only player smoked by Nonu.

It's the Reds' bye week; so I wonder if Lolo, Korczyk and Magnay will all rock up at camp this week.

I hear that Henry Hutchison has a hamstring issue and that Jack Redden is training with the group, but my informant was not 100% sure.

If there is anybody going to the Oceania games who can take a few photos please contact me by convo.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
News from NZ:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11438256

NZ are keen to win on the Gold Coast.

While there will be some rotation for the Oceania tournament, [Coach Scott] Robertson is not viewing this event as three trial matches, not after the exhaustive selection process and training camps.
"We're not trialling. We're going to perform, and if you perform, you have an opportunity to go away to Italy. There is a winner of the [Oceania] competition, so we have to balance performance development and results," he said.
Waikato prop Atu Moli, one of eight survivors from the 2014 side that placed third, is expected to be named skipper.

Damian McKenzie likely to be ruled out of the NZ team for Italy due to the injury to Cruden.

Interview with NZ U20 Coach:
https://soundcloud.com/allblacks/new-zealand-u20-coach-scott

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Has anyone in the loop, or any of our northern neighbours got any information on the likelihood of Korzyck & Fakisolea being released for U20's duties. If not, are they heading back to the polls to find some back ups?

How have the various states U20's boys been going at grade/colts level of late?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What is Lolo's position?

I somewhat recall him being an No.8 but can't for the life of me remember where he was playing yesterday.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Harry Jones tore a pec tendon on the weekend and is out for 6-8 weeks which means he will miss the World U20s.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Sounds painful. HJ will be missed, not only for his speed but his ability to kick the ball long distances from the hand off both feet, but not simultaneously, is a tremendous asset for a team to have in their armoury.

I'd see them call up Christian Yassmin from Sydney Uni to replace him. He has a pair of jet shoes, but is less impressive with the boot. While he can sometimes display the passing skills of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), this is not that great a handicap when one is on the wing and can usually rely on outright acceleration and top end speed for ones meat pies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has anyone in the loop, or any of our northern neighbours got any information on the likelihood of Korzyck & Fakisolea being released for U20's duties. If not, are they heading back to the polls to find some back ups?

How have the various states U20's boys been going at grade/colts level of late?

this from today's paper.

Fakaosilea, Adam Korczyk, Michael Gunn and Australian Sevens representative Brad Wilkin give Queensland four of the six backrow faces in the Australian Under-20s.
All will attend a Gold Coast camp starting today ahead of the Oceania Under-20s matches against Samoa (Saturday), Japan (May 5) and New Zealand (May 9).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Great news. We are going to need all hands on deck to repel the Junior Darkness, who have a number of Super Rugby and ITM cup players on their roster.

How do they get to bring a 32 man squad over for the tournament and we only have 29 in ours?

The 32-man squad for next week's Oceania tournament on the Gold Coast assembled in Auckland yesterday and it was noticeable that some of the side had bulked up, to better combat the England and South African behemoths they might strike in the playoffs of June's Junior World Championship in Italy.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Given the news on the reds thread this morning that Curtis Browning is gone for the season, how does this impact on Korzyck and Faiksolea, given they seem to be about the only 2 backrow options still standing at the reds?

Horrible news for Jones if the diagnosis is correct. Poor kid can't catch a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.