• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 IRB Junior Rugby World Cup - Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
The Barbarians generally try and get the best side out to match the expected standard. That side last season wasn't abysmal but it had never trained together.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Australian U20’s side to play Australian Barbarians:
1.Cameron Orr
2.Folau Fainga'a
3.Matt Sandell
4.Riley Winter
5.Lukhan Lealaialoto-Tui
6.Ned Hanigan
7.Michael Gunn
8.Adam Korczyk
9.James Tuttle
10.Andrew Deegan
11.Andrew Kellaway (c)
12.Sione Tuipolotu
13.Campbell Magnay
14.Alex Newsome
15.Jonah Placid
Reserves:
16.Aaron Pleash
17.Fereti Saaga
18.Tyrell Lomax
19.Sam Croke
20.Olly Kamp
21.Harry Nucifora
22.James Dalgleish
23.Tyson Davis
24.Duncan Paia-aua
25.Jack Redden

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No back up hooker named for tomorrow. Is McInerney injured? Perhaps Matthew Sandell is the back up hooker as there are three props on the bench.

Jack Redden seems to have been called up and been given another life on the bench tomorrow night.

Good to see Placid is fit and healthy.

Who is going out to watch and can do a match report?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Australian Barbarians team to play Australia U20’s:
1.Rory O’Connor (Warringah)
2.Billy Johnston (Alstonville)
3.Tobias Guikabau (Gordon)
4.Tom Staniforth (Canberra Royals)
5.Bradford Kapa (West Harbour)
6.Jason Havea (Penrith)
7.Katoni Ali (C) (Manly)
8.Nuku Swerling (Bond University)
9.Angus Pulver (Eastern Suburbs)
10.Mitch Walton (Norths)
11.Sam Hyne (Brothers)
12.Keith Morgan (Queenbeyan)
13.Dennis Pili-Gaitau (Manly)
14.Jack Creich (Eastern Suburbs)
15.David Feltscheer (Warringah)

Reserves:
16.Jake Lyon (Brothers)
17.Joel Whitlock (Eastwood)
18.Max Maa Nelson (Penrith)
19.Jake Douglas (Southern Districts)
20.Josh Vainikolo (Terrigal)
21.Michael Baysaat (Penrith)
22.Tom Matthews (Gordon)
23.Eli Senoti (Avondale)
24.Adrian Robinson (Tuggeranong Vikings)

What is the Australian Barbarians?
The Australian Barbarian Rugby Club was formed in 1956, along the same lines as the UK Barbarians. It is affiliated to the Australian Rugby Union, and works with the ARU in player and skills development.

The first match was against a combined Newcastle, NSW side and in 1957, the Club played the first of its international fixtures, with matches against New Zealand, New Zealand Maori, and Fiji.

The Barbarians objectives are:
To reward skill and ability as a rugby player, and true sportsmanship on and off the field.
To have players of significant standing and proven sportsmanship demonstrate the game in its true spirit without the need to compete for a place in a competition ladder.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Good stuff.

I'm just glad the whole side is not from the Shute Shield.

The Shield is great and everything but a whole Baabaas team? I mean, come on. Really?

Thank goodness sanity has prevailed.

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
No back up hooker named for tomorrow. Is McInerney injured? Perhaps Matthew Sandell is the back up hooker as there are three props on the bench.

Heard 2 rumours, but can't vouch for their reliability: 1) injury cloud 2) dropped from the squad. I think 1) is most likely. Can anyone confirm?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Heard 2 rumours, but can't vouch for their reliability: 1) injury cloud 2) dropped from the squad. I think 1) is most likely. Can anyone confirm?

Option 2 is highly unlikely.

Tournament play requires a team of 23 to have two complete competent and capable front rows and 3 competent locks. If they were going to drop a hooker from the 28, then they would have another called up right now, and that replacement would need maximum time on the field to get up to speed with the team structures and patterns, strategy and tactics.

I'm going for the injury explanation, and obviously Coach is satisfied that it will be right in time for the Jnr RWC otherwise a shadow hooker would have been called up and be "doing a Redden".

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It will be interesting to see Sandell throwing. He will likely be rested a while then come on for Fainga'a to have a few throws.

It looks like Thompson is serious about Lukhan L-T, and Hanigan as a 6, his best position.

Kellaway will look good wherever he plays because his opponents won't be wearing black jerseys with a silver fern. Translation - they will get a lot of good ball this time.

I hope I go to the right ground tonight for a change.

B

Bobby Sands

I rate Kel so highly, but I feel he is much better on a wing. I almost feel it is a Giteau / JOC (James O'Connor) situation where he wants to take on more responsibility, but the reality is playing on a wing gives him the best opportunity to roam and let his fantastic instincts take hold. I am not doubting his ability to be a fantastic 13, I just feel players like him should be burdened as little as possible by structure, and 13's are critical to mid-field structure on both sides of the ball. Magnay is also handy at the position too. Will be good to hear they go!

FrontRowFan

Herbert Moran (7)
Australian Barbarians team to play Australia U20’s:
1.Rory O’Connor (Warringah)
2.Billy Johnston (Alstonville)
3.Tobias Guikabau (Gordon)
4.Tom Staniforth (Canberra Royals)
5.Bradford Kapa (West Harbour)
6.Jason Havea (Penrith)
7.Katoni Ali (C) (Manly)
8.Nuku Swerling (Bond University)
9.Angus Pulver (Eastern Suburbs)
10.Mitch Walton (Norths)
11.Sam Hyne (Brothers)
12.Keith Morgan (Queenbeyan)
13.Dennis Pili-Gaitau (Manly)
14.Jack Creich (Eastern Suburbs)
15.David Feltscheer (Warringah)

Reserves:
16.Jake Lyon (Brothers)
17.Joel Whitlock (Eastwood)
18.Max Maa Nelson (Penrith)
19.Jake Douglas (Southern Districts)
20.Josh Vainikolo (Terrigal)
21.Michael Baysaat (Penrith)
22.Tom Matthews (Gordon)
23.Eli Senoti (Avondale)
24.Adrian Robinson (Tuggeranong Vikings)
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

Are these Baa Baas all under 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.