• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 Schools rowing

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Think we are. Yours died in 2013 and Paul Ramsay died in 2014. Here's a cliip from his obit.... Believe he did leave quite a bit...

The late chairman and founder of private hospital operator Ramsay Health Care is believed to have suffered a heart attack just over a week ago while on his private yacht Oscar 11. He was travelling in Europe with a close circle of friends including deputy chairman Michael Siddle. After being admitted to a hospital on the Spanish island of Ibiza, Mr Ramsay was flown to his home in Bowral in the NSW Southern Highlands, where he died.

There had been speculation about the future of his $3.3 billion stake in Ramsay, with some confidantes suggesting funds could have gone to the Catholic Church or his alma mater, Saint Ignatius’ College, Riverview, the North Shore Jesuit school attended by Prime Minister Tony Abbott.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Think we are. Yours died in 2013 and Paul Ramsay died in 2014. Here's a cliip from his obit.. Believe he did leave quite a bit.

The late chairman and founder of private hospital operator Ramsay Health Care is believed to have suffered a heart attack just over a week ago while on his private yacht Oscar 11. He was travelling in Europe with a close circle of friends including deputy chairman Michael Siddle. After being admitted to a hospital on the Spanish island of Ibiza, Mr Ramsay was flown to his home in Bowral in the NSW Southern Highlands, where he died.

There had been speculation about the future of his $3.3 billion stake in Ramsay, with some confidantes suggesting funds could have gone to the Catholic Church or his alma mater, Saint Ignatius’ College, Riverview, the North Shore Jesuit school attended by Prime Minister Tony Abbott.

Aha! So not one but two separate and very healthy bequests. One hopes that someone responsible for spending it has spent as many miserable days alternately sweltering and "showering" while standing fully clothed at Gold Cup; surely some $$$ can be put towards shade shelter and seating down there?

SBrow

Larry Dwyer (12)
Aha! So not one but two separate and very healthy bequests. One hopes that someone responsible for spending it has spent as many miserable days alternately sweltering and "showering" while standing fully clothed at Gold Cup; surely some $$$ can be put towards shade shelter and seating down there?

There was a few bits of grand stand seating near the shed, but still nothing decent at the finish line, I guess it is a large investment for not much return on their part.

MKBoating

Frank Row (1)
Joeys have started selecting their first 8. Seats have been handed out and they have started training! Get ready for a mighty season!

bow seat

Frank Nicholson (4)
MKBoating - I strongly advice that you take down that post - your information about a particular school is not true and even if it was - seats have not been "handed out".

Each young man - works hard to be selected into the top 24 scullers then from there a camp takes place.

Again I support you in saying - it will be a mighty season but this is a very open public forum - back off from making bold unfounded comments.

Any new equipment purchased for any school is wonderful but to boost about it - again is wrong. I feel certain all schools would provide the best equipment they can.

You have really annoyed me - I want that post deleted immediately.

LBA I feel you may be taking this one a tad too seriously, I understand you're passionate about the sport and you don't want to see anyone making a bad name for it. However I would say this, just because someone posts something on here doesn't mean it will be true, if we took everything on this forum as the gospel truth I feel many people would have the wrong perception of schoolboy and schoolgirl rowing.

Also there is a chance that MKboating is just playing into the "mind games" of it all, as anyone whose ever rowed would know half the battle is in your head.

So I understand you may be upset MKboating is posting information you claim to be false, but it's not like he's insulting anyone or saying anything inappropriate, in my opinion it's just harmless rowing talk, which to be honest is hardly ever factual :)

L

LBA

In reference to my previous posts - They have been deleted by me. I was very annoyed.

What I will say is now I have calmed down is this - Bull shit MKBoating.

Thank you again bow seat. I guess I am passionate about rowing - but I am much more passionate about young adults being involved in sport in general. Rowing is a life long sport but any sport that helps keep young adults fit and healthy I am all for it.

Individuals who talk the talk but don't walk the walk - are bloody annoying.

RowingLAD101

Frank Row (1)
You are a highly unreliable source, I believe you should think before you write such rubbish on this forum. Shore buying pressure gates is preposterous not even some of the national M8+ crews at the Olympics use such technology. Is it even fully developed and reliable?

RowingLAD101

Frank Row (1)
I believe this is quite true. I have seen a group of around 12 Newington scullers quite frequently on both Monday and Wednesday mornings as well. Furthermore I have seen scots training quite frequently in pairs.

L

LBA

Is it a bird no a plane - no pigs have started to fly - Look out!

To quote bow seat - "in my opinion it's just harmless rowing talk, which to be honest is hardly ever factual"

Just a thought - I think Joeys colours are cerise and blue - do you think that you could hide an VIII on the Nepean wearing such stylish zooties??

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Joeys have started selecting their first 8. Seats have been handed out and they have started training! Get ready for a mighty season!

"Shore have invested in pressure gates for their new Hudson 8!"

Looks like this forum has a new stirrer. MK, you clearly touched a raw nerve there with claims that First VIIIs have been selected. Obviously you are not allowed out in public any more but between rounds of medication the nurse occasionally loosens the restraints and you're able to pick up the binoculars. From your harbourside eyrie your bleary eyes and addled wits have spotted some eager young GPS bucks out on the water. Perhaps you have imagined that crews are set 3 months before the first regatta. Perhaps you even believe it. I'm sure you know all there is to know about GPS rowing, if only they would listen and take you seriously......tell me, through the glass can you see the bow numbers on the winning boat at HOTR 2016? I'd like to place an early wager. "Nurse! The screens! It's for his own good......"

Reactions: LBA

SBrow

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is it a bird no a plane - no pigs have started to fly - Look out!

To quote bow seat - "in my opinion it's just harmless rowing talk, which to be honest is hardly ever factual"

Just a thought - I think Joeys colours are cerise and blue - do you think that you could hide an VIII on the Nepean wearing such stylish zooties??

There's no reason to hide anything, but I doubt they'll be out there all weekend, there's a regatta on Saturday...

MKBoating

Frank Row (1)
I have a variety of very reliable sources re. shore pressure gates. Which in my opinion is overboard for a school boy rowing crew! Never the less if that is what they wish to do, good luck!
As for Joeys obviously LBA is affiliated with the school and something I said must have been true for that reaction, I do apologise for my careless language! But seriously just chill! And I do have sources saying the first eight coach is already telling people seats in the 8!

MKBoating

Frank Row (1)
I believe this is quite true. I have seen a group of around 12 Newington scullers quite frequently on both Monday and Wednesday mornings as well. Furthermore I have seen scots training quite frequently in pairs.

Are you sure they are from New? Last I saw was just a sunday session!

SBrow

Larry Dwyer (12)
I have a variety of very reliable sources re. shore pressure gates. Which in my opinion is overboard for a school boy rowing crew! Never the less if that is what they wish to do, good luck!
As for Joeys obviously LBA is affiliated with the school and something I said must have been true for that reaction, I do apologise for my careless language! But seriously just chill! And I do have sources saying the first eight coach is already telling people seats in the 8!

Have heard Shore is not alone in pressure gates...

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)

Which seat is yours, MKBoating?

Status
Not open for further replies.