• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Schools Rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
You have a good point. However from the Shore supporters I sat next to on the day I found out the stern pair where quite sick and raced anyways to insure a chance at 6/6. The stroke with pneumonia and the 7 seat with tonsillitis. If this is true I believe your comments are rendered obsolete.
How can you race at hor with pneumonia??? Thats really dangerous for the welfare of the student which should always come first imho.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

RowingAcademy

Bob McCowan (2)
How can you race at hor with pneumonia??? Thats really dangerous for the welfare of the student which should always come first imho.

Maybe you haven't heard of the saying, 'Champion crews beat the best on their worst day'

LuvToRo

Chris McKivat (8)

All i can say is this illness in the Shore crew shows how good they really were, going into the race with a huge amount of uncertainty about what could happen and they didn't succumb to this however the gap was closer.
On an equal note the Riverview 1st VIII apparently lost their 6 seat early in the week as was mentioned on the last thread and managed a very impressive performance. Unfortunately this does not say much for the Joeys 1st VIII who had no excuses on the day apart from being beaten by 2 better crews.

IV The Win

Peter Burge (5)
All i can say is this illness in the Shore crew shows how good they really were, going into the race with a huge amount of uncertainty about what could happen and they didn't succumb to this however the gap was closer.
On an equal note the Riverview 1st VIII apparently lost their 6 seat early in the week as was mentioned on the last thread and managed a very impressive performance. Unfortunately this does not say much for the Joeys 1st VIII who had no excuses on the day apart from being beaten by 2 better crews.
Does anyone know what happened to the Joeys 1st VIII between HOTR and Nationals? They seemed to have improved drastically in such a short period of time

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Being family friends with the SHORE 2016 Bow's family I am quite interested in this statement, especially as there in no "mysterious older brother" as the Bow of the VIII is the eldest child. Further one would question your knowledge and insights of complacency. Surely if you were the older brother, which you are clearly not because it doesn't exist you would know the ins and outs of Shore rowing far more carefully. Maybe you could share a program with us?

The Mystery Son award goes to 'IV for the win'!

Ooooohhhh!!!!! Do you want some ice for that burn, IV the Win?

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Just when I was noting the difference between last year's forum and this (chiefly in the devil-may-care lack of anonymity displayed by new members) comes the boldest claim of all, quickly followed by the comeuppance of the decade.

Well played, Hard 10.

Oh and Luke, I'm your father.

Hard 10

Allen Oxlade (6)
It sounds like you are well qualified to dip your toe into the coaching pool.

Why thank you BM,
I have had a few coaching offers along the line maybe a riddle will satisfy your intrigued nature?

An vacant ministry with no mugs. There is a poacher in the corner, here the water trickles but does not flow.

Good Luck BM

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Why thank you BM,
I have had a few coaching offers along the line maybe a riddle will satisfy your intrigued nature?

An vacant ministry with no mugs. There is a poacher in the corner, here the water trickles but does not flow.

Good Luck BM
Will ponder the riddle

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Why thank you BM,

Good Luck BM
Vacant ministry with no mugs = selective schoo iel grammar or high.
Still pondering poacher and water trickling clues.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Why thank you BM,

Good Luck BM
Water trickles but does not flow ie limited success in recent years. Could be a number of schools except shore eg Grammer newington scots kings view

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Why thank you BM,

Good Luck BM
Maybe water trickles (not flows) down the lane cove river?

Status
Not open for further replies.