• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Adopt a finalist 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
an ex Canberra boy

Correct term is "escapee" ;)

I'm going for the Ponies and Clan this weekend. How mega would an all-Aussie final be? Just think Canberrans: you could attend a game just up the road that isn't freezing, yet has the same soulless atmosphere as your home ground? ;)

Reactions: BPC

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Correct term is "escapee" ;)

I'm going for the Ponies and Clan this weekend. How mega would an all-Aussie final be? Just think Canberrans: you could attend a game just up the road that isn't freezing, yet has the same soulless atmosphere as your home ground? ;)
At least we can watch the game from the beer queue.

Edit: and we have a chance of filling our stadium.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
great article up there p.s:
7642RebelsVCheetahs-630x420.jpg
"3-D babe holograms fly out of big screen. Mankind celebrates."

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
With the quality of "beer" available, anyone would be mad to queue for it.

It's drinkable and it's not light beer - that'll do me.

also have a chance of filling my pants, but that doesn't mean anyone else is going to want in, as evidenced by the Brumbies' crowds this year.

Sweet Jesus, I don't even want to think of your pants o_O

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
While there is still a high horse standing, I'm gonna find a way to climb up on the ol' girl. :D I think I'm on one of the last ones though.

Try to mount it from the side and not the back this time. There's a good bloke.

It's drinkable and it's not light beer - that'll do me.

Its mid-strength so it might as well be. I prefer to seek out quality ale before and after the match - as you say, lining up for it sucks, and its criminal when its that bad. Leave it in the horse I say.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Hey! When you've got a horse of your own I might take your advice more seriously but until then, leave the horse mounting to the experts. Er.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)

Its mid-strength so it might as well be. I prefer to seek out quality ale before and after the match - as you say, lining up for it sucks, and its criminal when its that bad. Leave it in the horse I say.
Mostly we take our own in anyway. Binocular cases come in very handy for purposes other than carrying binoculars in. Security haven't checked them yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)

We still get full strength beer at games down here. Maybe not 'quality' as such (Hahn Super Dry this year), but it does the job

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I'll support anybody who can belt 6 shades of shit out of the Sharks.

It is exciting times for those who have teams in the finals. There are good people on here that support both Aussie teams and some quality Kiwi members also. I just wish you all the best because that buzz of 2011 was just amazing.

I might just enjoy the games as a neutral and hope for some quality rugby.

All the best.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
x2 to both @Ruggo s posts.

Some people go their whole lives without their team ever winning the big one let alone actually being there to see it live. The talk of crowd numbers has been tongue in cheek from me at least but seriously if there are any doubts that a GF would sell out in Sydney or Canberra then that's crap.
If your team make the final, do whatever you have to do to get to the game. Rain (snow) hail or shine, get there. Beg borrow or steal tickets. Being there at the game to watch the Reds win is an experience I will never forget. Absolutely incredible. I hope you all get to do the same.

And on the beer; Hahn Super Dry is a bloody good beer. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
HSD is a good drop. You Eskimo's just don't have the climate to get full value out of a cold beer. It's like you only use a stubby cooler to keep your hands warm.

Well that's not fair - Victorians get to experience hot days in summer. All four of them! In a row!

Status
Not open for further replies.