• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Advice on Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
hey congrats........I understand fully , as my wife is 10 weeks.
sardyntjie you did not wait to long, do you?

Aussie if I read through the lines , you need to tell her you dont do anything wrong and she should be thankfull you dont do all of those things. Many a time I feel the same but then its time to remind them that.

Just one thing to keep a marraige working is one of the difficults tasks, make no mistake but all worth the while, trust me. To young marriage couples dont want to grind it out and easier to walk away from it. Its like batting, craft your eye in to pile on the runs later.

Personally for me, I always rate a kid as the biggest gift from God. Cant think my life without mine.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
My almost-one-year-old nephew displays a talent for taking a few quick steps and then going head-first into everything about a foot off the ground as fast as he can. And giggling when he makes head-first contact as hard as he can.

He is a good and promising child, and a tribute to generations of breeding props and back-rows. :thumb

I am also quite proud of having got Ms. Thomond to being quite happy to let me off to big matches while she happily shops. After Gloucester last weekend, she even said she'd be happy to go on more trips on exactly that basis. I choose to regard it as one of the best long-term investments I could ever make. O0

T

Turban

NTA said:
Well there is at least part of the gene pool that isn't getting pissed in :)

But I might change my mind for the good of Australian Rugby!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
I am also quite proud of having got Ms. Thomond to being quite happy to let me off to big matches while she happily shops. After Gloucester last weekend, she even said she'd be happy to go on more trips on exactly that basis. I choose to regard it as one of the best long-term investments I could ever make. O0
Thats the right start but I suppose it get better if they can share your rugby passion. I dont have any worries after 24 years mine will watch the Stormers Cheetahs game on tape with the small kid while I braai the chops. Swearing at some of the Cheetahs play, I was standing outside at the pool and can help feeling for poor old AussieD. Thats what I mean with a bit of hard labour in the starting years, getting the reward later when you have kids.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Just an update..... We went to a marriage seminar a few weeks ago at our church and my wife has been great ever since. It helped that the majority of wives there told her that they had asked their husbands to spend more time with me to learn how to be better husbands :nta: and that everything the organiser of the seminar said husbands should be doing was stuff that I was doing already.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Aussie D said:
Just an update..... We went to a marriage seminar a few weeks ago at our church and my wife has been great ever since. It helped that the majority of wives there told her that they had asked their husbands to spend more time with me to learn how to be better husbands :nta: and that everything the organiser of the seminar said husbands should be doing was stuff that I was doing already.
Told you, you are a good husband. ;) Think you are the only one that suffer in this regard, no ways. I was at the last home Stormers games on Newlands, the last one I cancelled a long weekend at the beach for the Brumbies game. My Mrs did not speak to me for three days because of this. As long as the Stormers win I could not care about that, but that seem to end last weekend vs the Tahs. If they lose I go in a depression mode not even the dog can keep house with me for a day or two. :huxley

Hard work Bru, hard work. I'll chop down a tree in a day but marriage is the most difficult job on the planet. This from a man who have been marriage now for 20+ years.

R

Rugby Rat

Tell her you are gay but would like to hang around and help raise the kids.

Build a granny flat with big screen and net and such. Get a mistress. The building of granny flat will give you something to do. After completion she wil want to boot you out and move her mother in so basically the building satge is only buying time till you and the mistress find a nice spot to live.

S

Sardyntjie

Aussie D said:
Hi guys,
A bit of advice needed. My wife is pregnant and is always harping on that I don't understand her and don't know what she wants / needs (like I am a mind reader). Do you guys mhave any (sensible) advice on how to take care of a pregnant woman? (I know, I should have taken notes the first time she was pregnant) Cheers.

friggin hell , that emotional minefield that is a pregnant women , deserves to be listed up there with divorce , losing your job and moving house , as the most stressfull thing a man has to endure.

J

Jury

I always found my wife got weird-ish when she was pregnant and the kids were little. It was about security and the future etc. For those who know me a little from other sites, they will remember my comments about my wife. She can be a bit fearsome, but I've always liked women that way!

We had our first kid when we had just finished being students. We were debt ridden, didn't have much money or security. One day she went nuts about this. I decided it was time to man-up and sort things financially. That all went well and then she would get upset about the lack of time I spent with her, and the kids ... :-X Anyways I'm lucky in that we live about 5 minutes away from where I work, so I take the kids to school in the morning etc to give her a break and on the weekend I spend time with the kids. I enjoy it.

Rugby, however, is a bottom line. I'm lucky she likes the game, but when rugby season is on: I'm watching the game either at the field, pub or tv. End of story. The kids are into it now and if I want to go watch a game, I drag the little huas along.

I'd try asking your wife what she's worried about and try to reassure her. Tell her everything is going to be okay and you guys will get this one together. I wouldn't make any promises about the rugby either. A man needs something of his own - just as I'm sure a woman does. I don't ask her to give up the phone (and she'd devote more time and energy on that than I do to rugby).

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Actually things are going much better now and we are in the process of moving back to Oz! We have been getting on really well since early May when all her friends told her how envious they were of how good a husband I was (yeah surprised me too). The fact that I am working a lot of the time helps too.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good luck Aussie D. Trust me married life need hard work constantly but it also gives a lot of accolades. On fryday my mrs ask me to help move the TV & CD cabinet. I forgot to deconnect the two speakers standing on the window pelmets. In the processed we try to move the cabinet the one speaker drop on her head.She is still a proud owner of a big blue eye due to my stupidness. She would not talk to me for two full days but I had to endure this. Luckily sunday was fathersday in SA and they just had to talk to me and all is forgiven. I still feel bad about the eye tho. Told her she dont need NuNu miscarra for it.

Well I have two test tickets for saturday on Newlands and me and my boys will go. She and the girl can go Mall walk or do a girlie thing.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Mate, if my wife copped an accidental black eye, I would forbid her to leave the house until it had gone down. :-[

J

Jury

PaarlBok said:
Good luck Aussie D. Trust me married life need hard work constantly but it also gives a lot of accolades. On fryday my mrs ask me to help move the TV & CD cabinet. I forgot to deconnect the two speakers standing on the window pelmets. In the processed we try to move the cabinet the one speaker drop on her head.She is still a proud owner of a big blue eye due to my stupidness. She would not talk to me for two full days but I had to endure this. Luckily sunday was fathersday in SA and they just had to talk to me and all is forgiven. I still feel bad about the eye tho. Told her she dont need NuNu miscarra for it.

Well I have two test tickets for saturday on Newlands and me and my boys will go. She and the girl can go Mall walk or do a girlie thing.

:lmao:

We once went to a mate's place on Guy Fawkes. These guys decided to put on a fireworks display for everyone. Unfortunately, by the time they lit the things, they were pissed. A sky rocket fell over and shot across the grass at me. On instinct ... I jumped out of the way. Sitting right behind me was my wife. She was not happy. It just missed her. I tell you. I had to do some serious greasing over that one. Everyone there teased me about being a wanker!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scarfman said:
Mate, if my wife copped an accidental black eye, I would forbid her to leave the house until it had gone down. :-[
Nah luckily the firm she works I am their biggest client. They know now they cant vok with this boer and they will have to wait another month for their payment. :nta:

F

formeropenside

PaarlBok said:
She would not talk to me for two full days but I had to endure this.

Endure? PB, that sounds absolutely perfect to me.

Red Bull

Allen Oxlade (6)
formeropenside said:
PaarlBok said:

:lmao: A couple of days of no nagging.....you f#ckin beauty! :thumb

Jury, forgive my ignorance here mate, but I can't see the connection between your supposedly not-so-chivalrous actions, and being teased for being a wanker? All you did was act out of instinct?

J

Jury

Red Bull said:
formeropenside said:
PaarlBok said:

Jury, forgive my ignorance here mate, but I can't see the connection between your supposedly not-so-chivalrous actions, and being teased for being a wanker? All you did was act out of instinct?

I know! :mad: The started off saying I wasn't chivalrous and then it descended into me being called a wanker. :lmao: Anyways, it was all done in good humour ... but Mrs Jury was not impressed. Serious ... the thing nearly shot her in the head ... actually, that's still pretty funny ... *ahem*.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Jury said:
Red Bull said:
formeropenside said:
PaarlBok said:

I know! :mad: The started off saying I wasn't chivalrous and then it descended into me being called a wanker. :lmao: Anyways, it was all done in good humour ... but Mrs Jury was not impressed. Serious ... the thing nearly shot her in the head ... actually, that's still pretty funny ... *ahem*.

And here I was thinking it was your mates pointing out to you the only sexual gratification for the next few months until the possibility of your wife forgiving you. I am sure none of them would have jumped out of the way if the firecracker was headed in their direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.