• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevet

Stan Wickham (3)
Just heard that Rory Humphries is back for another year at Eddies will add some punch to their backline

Johnny13

Peter Burge (5)
Eddies are going to be a good side now if that is the case?
St Pats will be hard to beat now with new import.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I heard a rumour this morning that AIC and GPS players can trial for Metropolitan teams to play in the U18 Qld Schoolboy State Champs. Can anyone confirm this? Would be interesting to see what the schools' policy will be on this.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I heard a rumour this morning that AIC and GPS players can trial for Metropolitan teams to play in the U18 Qld Schoolboy State Champs. Can anyone confirm this? Would be interesting to see what the schools' policy will be on this.

Would defeat the purpose of the AIC/GPS teams would it not?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think they are trying to strengthen the talent at the U18 State Champs. Some of the guys who make the Metropolitan teams wouldn't make a 5th XV at some GPS schools. Better to have a stronger State Champs so the players are more prepared for the Schoolboy Trials.

Jenkins9876

Herbert Moran (7)

Have heard this too Jets, have also heard from a few Directors in both AIC and GPS that they will be advising that players go through the traditional path of AIC and GPS rep sides, leaving the stragglers to play Metropolitans.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah I would have thought that it would be for fringe 1st XV players.

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
You're kidding with Sam Clarke at 7 aren't you??
Did you forget a freak named Brad Wilkin who plays 7 ??

I have limited knowledge of this years Schooboy Rugby outside of St Peters, Marist and Eddies, but Sam Clarke played number 7 for AIC 1 last year as a 16 year old. Providing Wilkin was in the AIC competition last year what stopped him from taking this from Clarke? Personally Clarke is one of the most talented players I have witnessed and hopefully free of injury will make him an even greater standout then last year. Should be an exciting match up between the pair if Wilkin is as much of a "freak" as you say.

Expecting a very strong team from Marist this year, as 5 or so played 1st last year.

But as you said, only the season and selection will tell.

Note: Not a Marist boy, calling it how i see it.

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
I have limited knowledge of this years Schooboy Rugby outside of St Peters, Marist and Eddies, but Sam Clarke played number 7 for AIC 1 last year as a 16 year old. Providing Wilkin was in the AIC competition last year what stopped him from taking this from Clarke? Personally Clarke is one of the most talented players I have witnessed and hopefully free of injury will make him an even greater standout then last year. Should be an exciting match up between the pair if Wilkin is as much of a "freak" as you say.

Expecting a very strong team from Marist this year, as 5 or so played 1st last year.

But as you said, only the season and selection will tell.

Note: Not a Marist boy, calling it how i see it.

Wilkin had a serious injury towards the back end of the season, ruling him out of the Schoolboy comp. He would have probably been in the top 3 or 4 players in AIC last year.

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
Wilkin had a serious injury towards the back end of the season, ruling him out of the Schoolboy comp. He would have probably been in the top 3 or 4 players in AIC last year.

Sounds like it would be worthwhile for the AIC team to include both players. Then again there are always decisions that catch me off guard.

The MCA v Iona match should be a great one.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
you can disagree without the name calling.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
Wilkin made Australian Schoolboys last year and you are trying to compare him with Sam Clarke.
No, I asked as to why he wasn't included in the AIC 1 team. Which I then got my answer for, injury. At no point did I actually compare them.

Quote and response edited.

FootyHead29 - you haven't been with us in the forum very long; so please read the forum rules before you make another post.

We often disagree with each other, but we don't play the man.

No more inappropriate comments please.

Thank you

LG

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am more of a GPS man but I have been a long time observer of the AIC forums on here and I must admit your AIC 1 is going to have a mean backrow this is the way I see it

6. Junior Fakaosilea
7. Sam Clarke
8. Brad Wilkin

That is surely going to cause trouble for GPS I am keen to see what the rest of the team will look like.

Also has any of the AIC schools had trials yet? If so can someone post results
Thanks

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
I am more of a GPS man but I have been a long time observer of the AIC forums on here and I must admit your AIC 1 is going to have a mean backrow this is the way I see it

6. Junior Fakaosilea
7. Sam Clarke
8. Brad Wilkin

That is surely going to cause trouble for GPS I am keen to see what the rest of the team will look like.

Also has any of the AIC schools had trials yet? If so can someone post results
Thanks

A friend was telling me Marist has announced their 36 man tour squad. With big names not having to even trial in certain selection games.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
I hear Marist has players who were in teams lower than the 3rd XV last year are in the firsts and seconds train on squad. This is a good sign for St Peters and Iona.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I hear Marist has players who were in teams lower than the 3rd XV last year are in the firsts and seconds train on squad. This is a good sign for St Peters and Iona.
Wouldn't read to much into that. Happens at a lot of schools every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.