• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

billie Fob 95

Frank Row (1)
I'm hearing word that Iona no.4 Matt Burke will not be playing against ashgrove as he has broken his ankle in a intense badminton game he went down to josh field 7-2

7ajax7

Stan Wickham (3)
All IONA betas please report to AIC headquarters for immediate punches to the face from ashgrove #1 Joe Cloake for rubbish chat throwing

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
All these trolls from Iona kids are childish and stupid. Now onto some Actually Rugby talk
My Round 6 tips

SLC v VILL
PAD v SEC
ASH V IONA
SPLC v SPC

SLC 50+ (Lauries have picked up Tariq Sims, Gareth Widdop & Michael Crocker)
PAD 40+ (The Brown Dogs have just imported 4 Kenyan 7's players)
ASH 30+ (John Eales coming back from retirement)
SPC 20+ (Edrick Lee & James Segeyaro have ditch their scholarships at Villanova and made an early arrival at the Cliffe)

rugggersball

Frank Row (1)
All these trolls from Iona kids are childish and stupid. Now onto some Actually Rugby talk
My Round 6 tips

SLC v VILL
PAD v SEC
ASH V IONA
SPLC v SPC

SLC 50+ (Lauries have picked up Tariq Sims, Gareth Widdop & Michael Crocker)
PAD 40+ (The Brown Dogs have just imported 4 Kenyan 7's players)
ASH 30+ (John Eales coming back from retirement)
SPC 20+ (Edrick Lee & James Segeyaro have ditch their scholarships at Villanova and made an early arrival at the Cliffe)

I would concur with all of your tips bar one;
Iona has called back '06 old boy Waerea Hargreaves to field in for Dawson due to a mild calf sprain. He will wear the number 13 jersey for the Black and White. I predict a 70+ margin for Iona

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Iona just beat Ashgrove 40+ to 16. Congratulations to Iona on what will be an undefeated premiership.

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
Iona was noticeably the better team. Ashgrove made the mistake of trying to muscle through the obviously larger Iona boys, had Ash spread out and let there play makers work they might have been in with a fighting chance but they were playing Iona's game from the first 5 minutes.

I feel Ash had more talented individual players in Divine, Trelevan, Clarke, Manning etc with the exception of Wilkin, but Iona as a team were far superior. Defiantly some thanks deserved to the Iona coaching staff, I think for Ashgrove to be in it in the next few years they need to work on the size of there teams. For the past few years Ash has put up very small teams and in games like today it was very obvious.

Very good game for the first half, in which Ash were in front, but after Iona put two tries through, Ash turned into second gear which explains the high end result to Iona.

Status
Not open for further replies.