• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Here we go again. "It's all the ref's fault that we lost". Frogs droppings.

Getting sick of this default blaming the Ref for poor wobs performances. Making you (us) all sound like worse than the bloody Soap Dodging Poms, and it is not a good look.

I've read that Australians are considered to be worse in the whining department than the Soap Dodgers.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So after the match on the weekend we've dropped to 4th in world rankings. Soap Dodgers move up to three. Argies at 10, or 8 - I've heard conflicting stories here.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
here we go.
over the last 10-15 years, the roles of Australians and Poms in the sports that matter have been reversed.
in rugby and cricket, the Poms are playing like Australians and spectating like Australians, while the Australians are playing like Poms and spectating like Poms.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
here we go.
over the last 10-15 years, the roles of Australians and Poms in the sports that matter have been reversed.
in rugby and cricket, the Poms are playing like Australians and spectating like Australians, while the Australians are playing like Poms and spectating like Poms.

Cricket? Did you miss the last ashes series?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cricket? Did you miss the last ashes series?

yes, i did.
clearly, the exception.
so, you agree that the relationship has been progressively inverted in all other Pom/Australia cricket and rugby relationships over the last 15 years?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Not really. Perhaps Rugby, Olympic/Commonwealth Games. I don't rate Soccer and we own Rugby league. Apart from a few bad years we've owned the Poms in the cricket for some time (if you look over your 15 year window).

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
i take much notice of only rugby and cricket.

i am not referring to who wins and loses.
i am referring to how we and the Poms play the games and how our and their spectators spectate.
our players have become very defence-oriented and have lost their famous swagger.
their players have become much more aggressive and attacking and win- , rather than draw- , oriented.
our spectators have become better whingers than the Poms ever were.
their spectators have become better gloaters than ours ever were.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Defense-oriented is not a term I would use to describe our cricket team from recent memory (last two years).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
here we go.

did I miss something?
Don't we hold the Ashes?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I like the interpretive version of anthem singing. The personal touch!

For those that missed it. At least its better than this edition from a bloke who has English as a first language:

and how about this?

Lastly, when there is a "knock on" in the DJ Booth at Anthem time, how is this for a great recovery? Northern Ireland win Gold at Commonwealth Games. The tape (remember those) doesn't work ... ... ...
Step up Bob Gibson, the guy from the sound booth who broke the tape. Fast forward to 1:20..
Who knew the song Danny Boy was the Victory Anthem? #KheSanhForAustralianVictoryAnthem

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The look in John Eales's eyes. Looks like he wanted to spear tackle Bardot (a nation would ahve been grateful for that too). The kiwi fella jsut didn't have any 'effin clue.

Just because everyone seems to have a problem singing our national anthem we should jsut change the music to: Colin Hay, acoustic guitar, down under. sorted :)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Just my thoughts
1. Ref was poor as were some of decisions.
2. Argie scrum dominant - it is our back row of 5 that aren't competing as a unit.
3. The laser light. Should be a re-kick. If done again automatic 3 points.
4. Captaincy; not good at all. IMO it cannot be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) as he probably will be a bench option next year with Kurindrani at 13 and JOC (James O'Connor) and Speight probably on wings. It must be a player with "automatic" selection. Leaves Slipper, Fardy Kepu Kurindrani and Izzy. Would have to be Slipper but the downside is that he comes off at 60-70 minutes. That is often when the steadying influence of the captain is paramount. So, fucked if I know.
5. Izzy should be banned from kicking !!!!!
6. Beale should have been sent home.

Time to regroup and inflict consecutive losses on the "Darkness"

Reactions: BDA

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
At some stage you've got to take stand against this kind of bullshit. It doesn't happen at any of the other major international grounds and rugby as a general rule doesn't have a culture of rubbish crowd behaviour. It needs to be stamped out.

While I agree it needs to be stamped out, a Captain who forfeits a game will not be Captain for long. Would be hanged, drawn and quartered in fora like this and in the media. Awarding points or second kick attempts won't work as that will encourage the fans to do the same to their own kickers.

Huge fines on the host Union might be the only solution to force the Union to do some policing, especially with a threat to take test matches away from them a la Pakistan and cricket.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lasergate.

Before the game, it was patently obvious that this was going to be an issue. It was used against Beaugan Barrett the week previous, as well as in the games last year.

Did the Coach and remnants of team management left in country speak with the UAR (and referee) before hand and raise their concerns?

Did the Coach have a contingency plan to invoke in the event that it happened again, despite raising the issue with the UAR?

Was the Coaches contingency plan communicated to the Captain and Wallaby leadership group?

Has ARU raised the issue with IRB?

The Captain and Referee should not be forced to make a decision on the fly about a known problem with laser targeting. If the Captain is going to take the team off and potentially forfeit the game, then that strategy must have been discussed and agreed to beforehand by the players, approved by the Coach and endorsed by the ARU.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
While I agree it needs to be stamped out, a Captain who forfeits a game will not be Captain for long. Would be hanged, drawn and quartered in fora like this and in the media. Awarding points or second kick attempts won't work as that will encourage the fans to do the same to their own kickers.

Huge fines on the host Union might be the only solution to force the Union to do some policing, especially with a threat to take test matches away from them a la Pakistan and cricket.

BR - shit - I didn't even remotely think of that possibilty you raised -

"encourage the fans to do the same to their own kickers"

Solution: Kicking tee and wrap around mirror sunglasses for all kickers facing the Pumas

Status
Not open for further replies.