• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Honestly, my 1st team is basically to one I made last NH Season. Holmes in for Kepu, Beale in for Cooper, Gill in for Smith cos those ones have left, and come home respectively. Tomane pushes Betham out, and Edmonds moves up with Fitzpatrick coming home.

Had I put more thought into it, a few more may have moved up and down, but I biased a combination of names I recognise, Top level European players and whatever was least work for myself.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Small addendum. Pro Rugby also has:

Denver
Jake Turnbull (Prop)
Luke White (Prop)
Timana Tahu (Center)

Sacramento
Harry Bennett (Fly half)

San Francisco
Tom Coolican (Hooker)*
Isaac Helu (Number 8)

Again, no guarantee of accuracy.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Apologies if there is a better thread for this, but I'm looking for a place to ask the posters who watch NH rugby about the form of the sometimes forgotten OS based aussies.

All this good form by Timani has got me thinking about what happened to his older brother, Sitaleki. Somewhere in France isn't he? What about the other Aussie forwards travelling around; Hugh Pyle, Luke Jones, James Horwill, Ben Mowen, MMM, Chisholm?

Digby is lining up to play for the 'Saders, has his form been good? J'OC, Barnes?

I'm amazed by the amount of overseas players who had such promise and I thought would have long illustrious careers in gold (J'OC, Pyle, Jones, Mowen).

Any one overseas who'd be a walk in to the Wallabies 23?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Apologies if there is a better thread for this, but I'm looking for a place to ask the posters who watch NH rugby about the form of the sometimes forgotten OS based aussies.

All this good form by Timani has got me thinking about what happened to his older brother, Sitaleki. Somewhere in France isn't he? What about the other Aussie forwards travelling around; Hugh Pyle, Luke Jones, James Horwill, Ben Mowen, MMM, Chisholm?

Digby is lining up to play for the 'Saders, has his form been good? J'OC, Barnes?

I'm amazed by the amount of overseas players who had such promise and I thought would have long illustrious careers in gold (J'OC, Pyle, Jones, Mowen).

Any one overseas who'd be a walk in to the Wallabies 23?

30 yr old timani is doing well in at clermont now. Digby has had a bad run with injuries in japan and no amazing form to note. JOC (James O'Connor) has recently returned to Toulon lineup, some good plays. Would be useful back in aus rugby for 2019 world cup as an outside back option that can kick.

Jones has had a strong couple of showings and could come back to throw his hat in the ring to replace fardy/mumm along with staniforth, RHP & holloway.

Pyle hasnt been anything special.

Apart from Genia, only beale and/or To'omua (at 12/22) and tomane (for speight) could come back into the 23. An older and wiser JOC (James O'Connor) in 2018 would be useful for the wider 32 man squad.

Guys young enough to finish their stints there and then still come back here like Jones, Mogg, aloemile, white and Gill would be handy pickups for any super rugby squad.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Guys young enough to finish their stints there and then still come back here like Jones, Mogg, aloemile, white and Gill would be handy pickups for any super rugby squad.

Alo-Emile may have missed his boat so to speak, Since he's left we've uncovered some pearlers, I'd take Allan the Axe and TRob over him these days

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Alo-Emile may have missed his boat so to speak, Since he's left we've uncovered some pearlers, I'd take Allan the Axe and TRob over him these days
Paullie's 2015 was superior to either of those boys (at tighthead!).

But he's regressed to 2013 levels of Chunky in France, no way in hell now.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Young bloke by the name of Cameron Orr is playing for Gloucester at the moment as well. (Aussie U-20s Prop 2014 & 2015). I have only caught a couple of his games (think he is coming off the bench) but he is doing alright.

There was another of that U-20s squad that I saw in an Avia prem game as well but name escapes me right now.....

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

yeh that's why i put in a good pick up for super rugby, not wallabies. The rebels or force could use him.

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure if he would get into the squad but Peter Betham has been brilliant for Leicester since his move.

Been playing mostly at 13 and def one of the players of last season

His defence has been brilliant and is surprisingly physical in th right IMO.
Watch his defence @1:38:17 around the breakdown here and he gets the turnover that's wins us the game in the last play.

And he has put in some monster hits in a lot of other games, esp when he times his blitz to perfection.

Overall Highlights of last season:

Him and Veainu have been a great pairing.

Please don't take him back.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Small addendum. Pro Rugby also has:

Denver
Jake Turnbull (Prop)
Luke White (Prop)
Timana Tahu (Center)

Sacramento
Harry Bennett (Fly half)

San Francisco
Tom Coolican (Hooker)*
Isaac Helu (Number 8)

Again, no guarantee of accuracy.

Didn't realise Helu was an Aussie. You are bang on with these. There's also the Batger brothers playing for Santa Monica (Pacific Rugby Premiership)

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not sure if he would get into the squad but Peter Betham has been brilliant for Leicester since his move.

I always loved slippery Pete at the Tahs. He was electric coming in for inside balls off KB (Kurtley Beale).

He cried during the anthem when he got his Wallabies cap as well. That was beautiful to see.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
A very talented Aussie playing overseas is 28yo lock Mitch Lees. A thicker shorter lock that never made it here but really thrived in Exeter (as many have).

I think he may have played for England A though.
Anyone know?

T

TOCC

Toulon have offered Rory Arnold €400'000 and Bordeaux are talking with Tevita Kuridrani

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Toulon have offered Rory Arnold €400'000 and Bordeaux are talking with Tevita Kuridrani
Toulon obviously desperate for locks. Not in a Arnold is a poor choice sort of way, but all 3 Scotland locks have been heavily pursued as well (Toulouse outbid them for Richie, Jonny signed a long term deal with Glasgow and Gilchrist wanted to repay the faith the SRU and Edinburgh have shown in him.).

As good as players like Gorgodze and Manoa are, they're not what you want as a staring lock pair.

kaze33

Stan Wickham (3)
Hello,

Kuridrani is a name among others ...

Yesterday, after the match between Barbarians and Australia, Laurent Marti the president of Bordeaux said there is nothing concrete for Kuridrani or Dagg.

We are in talks with others outside-centre like the fidjian Naqalevu from Dax, french proD2 .

PS: I was at Chaban yesterday, it's was an incredible atmosphere ;)