• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

T

TOCC

Not a lot. But I do remember some pretty good French national teams in the fairly recent past. And they were a fluffed field goal away from beating us.

In terms of French elegible locks in the Top 14 Hugh Pyle is right up there, not necessarily banging down the door for test selection but doing enough to warrant a mention.. That been said, French Coach, Noves is more likely to lean toward a younger French player then a senior foreigner with only few years left in him

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
In terms of French elegible locks in the Top 14 Hugh Pyle is right up there, not necessarily banging down the door for test selection but doing enough to warrant a mention.. That been said, French Coach, Noves is more likely to lean toward a younger French player then a senior foreigner with only few years left in him

As much as we at the Rebels got around Pyle, he seems to have one setting and that's (as you said) "right up there, not necessarily banging down the door for test selection but doing enough to warrant a mention".

kaze33

Stan Wickham (3)
Hello,

Yes we made an offer for Dane Hayley Petty but I don't think that he will leave Australia. He will probably prefer wearing the green and gold jersey ;)

Pyle is a very good player in Top14, but now, we stop selecting non-French players who qualified under 3 year residency rule.

And more than that, we have very good young lock for future , like Jedrasiak, Iturria or Cazeaux :)

T

TOCC

In my opinion DHP is the number 2 outside back retention priority after Folau, he offers versatility across wing and fullback, and is a winger who can catch and kick(rare in Oz), it would be tragic to lose him before the RWC

Reactions: gel

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Considering DHP has said his sole reason for leaving france and coming back to oz was his desire to play for the Wallabies I highly doubt he would leave now just as he has cemented his spot. He is also still contracted and I highly doubt the Force and the ARU will let him go eg Tapuai

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Skelton looked his usual self in the recent match I watched: loitered at the side of every breakdown without joining in. The only positive thing about big Willie I could see was a seemingly loss of weight.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Skelton looked his usual self in the recent match I watched: loitered at the side of every breakdown without joining in. The only positive thing about big Willie I could see was a seemingly loss of weight.

He was actually pretty effective against Leicester. Maybe he is getting used to the conditions, maybe, just maybe, he is actually learning something. Anybody would improve playing alongside Itoje.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
McCall wisely doesn't play Big Will and Big Jim at the same time.

Sarries, to their credit have built from being just a successful club to a club playing a good style and developing their own players as well as bringing in the mercs.

There wouldn't be many places (Maybe the big 3 Irish sides) where a young SH player would get a NH education without losing the skillset required down here.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I was surprised at the skill levels of both Saracens and Leicester, frankly. There was a lot of kicking, not surprising given that the ground was apparently sodden, but virtually all of it was accurate, the chase was good, and usually the kick defense was pretty good too.

Kicking is okay when it is done well, it is the mistakes that bugger up the viewing experience. These two teams did not make many mistakes.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Joe Tomani scores the winning try for Montpellier, starting at 12

Sent from my MTN-8978P using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)

Could've been a bad game, he's looked excellent in the 2 I've seen.

I don't know if it's him or the standard of competition (I'm willing to say it's a bit of both), but he's playing the Skelton role very well (crash hard mid-field and look for an offload).

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hello everybody :)

Bordeaux will no offer a new contract to Adam Ashley Cooper. He will be free agent at the end of this championship.

Good luck for him ;)

I've heard London Irish is a potential destination. Would be nice though to see him finish up back down here.