• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Following the contractual movements in Europe, it definitely seems like there is a bit of pull back on contract offers, particularly in France. I think Mourad at Toulon in particular is cutting back on what he's willing to spend.

I don't know if this will make much difference to Australia but hopefully it will mean there aren't as many massive offers for players just outside of the Wallabies 23 so it is less enticing to go overseas.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Another young Aussie player lost to NZ

Southern Districts Rebels lose Jamason Fa'anana-Shultz to Super Rugby

This one is interesting. He's trying to get a crack in the ITM Cup and has opted to do that instead of playing in the NRC.

Presumably the Waratahs haven't offered him a contract for next year (or haven't upgraded him from the development contract) so he's looking for a better opportunity.

Presumably very few players in this category are getting contract offers at the moment because the teams are thinking that better players will be available if a team gets chopped.

T

TOCC

ITM pays players a reasonable base level wage, the NRC doesn't...

And, if I were a young player with potential for higher honours, I would consider New Zealand development pathways a safer bet then Australia's, better coaching all round and the ITM Cup is still a better competition and will be for many years to come.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
ITM pays players a reasonable base level wage, the NRC doesn't.

And, if I were a young player with potential for higher honours, I would consider New Zealand development pathways a safer bet then Australia's, better coaching all round and the ITM Cup is still a better competition and will be for many years to come.
Is there any ABs eligibility requiterement in the ITM/NPC?

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Some former Aussie 7's player Paul Asquith has signed for Llanelli Scarlets in Wales.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
You might get him back with a super franchise sometime.
The Scarlets did something similar with a young unknown Kiwi kid 2 seasons back - Michael Collins, he's starting at 15 for the Blues these days.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk