• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I live in perpetual hope (and I don't think we are that good and I don't think any of the proposed other options are really any better)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

More than that, there ARE no options to be better. Doesn’t mean The Cheika doesn’t bother me.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
More than that, there ARE no options to be better. Doesn’t mean The Cheika doesn’t bother me.
I would rather see us lose chucking the ball about than any of the other options, so I would want to see any option replacing Cheika following this ethos.

Kick and clap would drive me away, as would reverting to Dean-ball and playing one out safety first rugby

Personally I think we are growing a decent team, but not a great team.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

If he comes back to Australian next year then he can be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I can't wait to read the Brumbies supporters defending him after he box kicks to the Kiwi's in the last moments of a test match again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Good one Sully. But anyone who watched that game knows that he had no support in the situation and had little option other than to kick. It wasn't a well placed kick (what box kicks are?), but what lost the game was the missed tackle by you-know-who that let the try in.

Hope you are not too disappointed with my response.

Nick Bishop certainly knows his rugby, and he has outlined how effective Nic is playing at Exeter. But all of those skills have been on display in the past. One box kick aside, there has been widespread agreement that he has always had a good, long kicking game, while his service at the back of the ruck was always rated by Brumbies' fans. His running game was well and truly on display in his time with Eastwood in the SS, but apparently didn't fit the game plan so much at the Brumbies.

And as far as his efforts in defense were concerned, I still recall with amusement a tackle on Sam Whitelock that stopped him dead in his tracks and left him flat on his back on the ground.

Nic has always had the skills to play at Wallaby level. just not always the support of the system or the fans.

Reactions: dru

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't wait to read the Brumbies supporters defending him after he box kicks to the Kiwi's in the last moments of a test match again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I prefer to remember his performance against the Kiwis a year later when he won us the Rugby Championship...........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
uxZWwga.gif

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Australian Schoolboys winger signs with NFL
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/me...d/news-story/dd69530561eb4cd8f7d4213b4d3f4567

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wouldn't loose too much sleep over that one. He had some talent with ball in hand, not the greatest of defenders.

Has a lot of maturing to do, was sidelined on more than one occasion for poor attitude and unsporting behaviour.

Not a loss to the code like Crichton was.

Good luck to him in his chosen code.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Crichton was not a loss to our code. He was never coming our way, IMHO. He was probably getting paid from the age of 15. Or his parents were.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Crichton was not a loss to our code. He was never coming our way, IMHO. He was probably getting paid from the age of 15. Or his parents were.
I wouldn't know, but I seriously doubt what you suggest.

He played Rugby and looks to be a once in a generation star lost to League.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
As much as losing a youngster to Gridiron may shit others, 6'5 and 250lbs rather than 195cm and 113kg shits me more.

Measuring stuff by comparing it to nearby objects is fun. For example, that man is approximately 12.8 bananas tall and weighs 4237 human testicles..

kaze33

Stan Wickham (3)
Hello,

Last rumor talk about a strong interest from Bordeaux Bègles for Eto Nabuli.

Heard something about that?

T

TOCC

He is only signed with the Reds for 2018 and will be 30 by seasons end, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
I still can't believe that he has a test cap... Another bit of warehousing talent eligible for another nation, not that Fiji need wingers and he wouldn't make their squad either...