• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Ireland, Sat 9th June @ 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
My prediction for the named 23 is:

Sio, BPA, Tupou
Coleman, Rodda
Pocock, Hooper, Timu

Genia, Foley
Beale, Kuridrani
Koroibete, Folau, DHP

Fainga’a, AAA, Kepu, Simmons, Tui, Samu, Phipps, Hodge.

The side I would pick is:

Sio, BPA, Tupou
Coleman, Rodda
Pocock, Hooper, Timu

Genia, Foley
Kuridrani, Rona
Koroibete, Beale, Folau

Fainga'a, AAA, Kepu, Tui, Phipps, Hodge, DHP

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The side I would pick is:

Sio, BPA, Tupou
Coleman, Rodda
Pocock, Hooper, Timu

Genia, Foley
Kuridrani, Rona
Koroibete, Beale, Folau

Fainga'a, AAA, Kepu, Tui, Phipps, Hodge, DHP

Wow you've picked Kurindrani over Kerevi at 12 and there's not even that many Reds in your side. You feeling alright?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think maybe we're all just too focused on the best 3rd lineout option working off the assumption that he's going to start the Pooper. But maybe he's not going to, maybe it'll be 6. Samu 7. Hooper 8. Timu

Sorrym how does this help the line out? Start the Pooper in this case.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Wow you've picked Kurindrani over Kerevi at 12 and there's not even that many Reds in your side. You feeling alright?

Yeah, I actually should have had Kuridrani at 13 and Rona at 12, but I just call it like I see it. We wouldn't be short on go forward meaning the ball carrying Kerevi would give isn't as valuable as the defence that Kuridrani would bring, mix in Beale at 15, and you've got a decent backline.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, I actually should have had Kuridrani at 13 and Rona at 12, but I just call it like I see it. We wouldn't be short on go forward meaning the ball carrying Kerevi would give isn't as valuable as the defence that Kuridrani would bring, mix in Beale at 15, and you've got a decent backline.
And you reckon we only need 7 subs? Like the confidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
My Ireland side:

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Henderson
6. O'Mahony
7. Leavy
8. Stander
9. Murry
10. Sexton
11. Earl's
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Stockdale
15. Kearney

If I was a Wallabies fan I would want to make sure all 3 of the back 3 are good under the high ball. Anyone who watched any rugby from NH this year would be worried with Murray box kick and Sextons up and under. The depth and accuracy of both is awesome and will be aimed at the singers and away from Folau.

Line out will go Irelands way, Wallabies don't have the jumpers. Scrum will be 50/50.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
My Ireland side:

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Henderson
6. O'Mahony
7. Leavy
8. Stander
9. Murry
10. Sexton
11. Earl's
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Stockdale
15. Kearney

If I was a Wallabies fan I would want to make sure all 3 of the back 3 are good under the high ball. Anyone who watched any rugby from NH this year would be worried with Murray box kick and Sextons up and under. The depth and accuracy of both is awesome and will be aimed at the singers and away from Folau.

Line out will go Irelands way, Wallabies don't have the jumpers. Scrum will be 50/50.

Aimed at the singers? Do they start putting them up in the anthems?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
One thing is for sure the Irish team will have more recent expierence of test match intensity , big European games are test level intensity or very close too.
I was at the reds sat night , an absolute joke of a game completely unrelated to test rugby
Australia have the talent to cut loose , an incredible outside back taken pool , but I don't believe the physicality control or structure for test rugby , btw what is going on with the lack of atmosphere and ridiculous efforts on the PA to get the crowd into it .
I suggest to anyone who thinks that ok to go to a big European club game for comparison
If ireland aren't tired after a long Season remember the amount of games they play in comparison They should control but possibly forgoe a test to blood players

They are keen to try out a 10 in Carberry that isn't even playing 10 at province due to the paddy Jackson saga

I'm surprised cheicka isn't getting more out of australia given The talent comparing what he managed at Leinster who had some similarities at the time I.e talent but some issues with culture etc
Australia in Brisbane are dangerous tho
I reckon brisbane to call
Ireland for the 2nd test
Ireland will make whole sale changes in te 3rd so it will be oz and if it's not oz they are in trouble

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
No, NH club rugby is no more test level than Super Rugby.

How much of the champions cup do you watch?
It's well commented on that it is , not by Nh media but by south hemisphere players and commentators there , I'm not saying the regular pro14 , top14 or prem league games but the quarters semis and finals of European cup are often test level intensity
European qualifications. And relegation means they play far more must win rugby
Here you loose a few games and write off the season you can loose the balance of the games , Europe you can't huge difference

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
My Ireland side:

If I was a Wallabies fan I would want to make sure all 3 of the back 3 are good under the high ball. Anyone who watched any rugby from NH this year would be worried with Murray box kick and Sextons up and under.

What else do Ireland do apart from kick? Who are the exciting players in attack to watch out for (haven't seen much of them play)?

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
What else do Ireland do apart from kick? Who would be the exciting players in attack to watch out for?

Is it a genuine question or following the standard media mantra of discounting all NH teams cos they kick, despite the same commentators having no knowledge of European rugby and unable to answer the question if it's that bad why are crowds of 80k going to club games now along with they head in the sand that it's still 1984 and australia are the only ones who run the ball. Like the whole wilkinson treatment and the media treatment of england in 2016

Assuming it's not a wind up / Greg martin drivel
Look out for these ones,

Stockdale 10 tries in 10 caps (approx)
Furlong arguably best tight head in world (according to nz) with great hand ireland runs plays thru him look at the try vs england
Sexton and murray control a game
Murray kicks a lot of box kicks but 90% pin point accurate, can take complete control of a game . Refer lions tour in nz. You get to him you've gotten to ireland
The depth isn't there in 9&10 after sexton and murray , you'll see big change when they come off / rotated
Promising 7 in leavy
Larmour and Carberry are the young ones to watch when they rotate the squad
O mahony excellent in lineout does a lot of the unseen stuff

I'm a huge fan of oz rugby but section of the media let us down here ,

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How much of the champions cup do you watch?
It's well commented on that it is , not by Nh media but by south hemisphere players and commentators there , I'm not saying the regular pro14 , top14 or prem league games but the quarters semis and finals of European cup are often test level intensity
European qualifications. And relegation means they play far more must win rugby
Here you loose a few games and write off the season you can loose the balance of the games , Europe you can't huge difference
I only watched a bit when i spent a year living in England. For all the bullshit back and forth between hemispheres, it's basically the same as Super Rugby. Neither match up to real test match stuff, obviously. The finals might be? i dunno, but then the same could be said of Super Rugby finals.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
My Ireland side:

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Henderson
6. O'Mahony
7. Leavy
8. Stander
9. Murry
10. Sexton
11. Earl's
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Stockdale
15. Kearney

Out of interest, how many genuine jumpers in your starting squad?

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
I only watched a bit when i spent a year living in England. For all the bullshit back and forth between hemispheres, it's basically the same as Super Rugby. Neither match up to real test match stuff, obviously. The finals might be? i dunno, but then the same could be said of Super Rugby finals.

Far enough but i believe it's different in NH, in that the public interest the 50-80k at games the travelling support the local rivarllies , it all feeds into it to give them more big game expierence . Ok if it doesn't match up on the field you can debate that for ever and and a day , but everything else the intensity is higher the stakes are higher . You loose you can be relegated , you don't qual for Europe etx

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Far enough but i believe it's different in NH, in that the public interest the 50-80k at games the travelling support the local rivarllies , it all feeds into it to give them more big game expierence . Ok if it doesn't match up on the field you can debate that for ever and and a day , but everything else the intensity is higher the stakes are higher . You loose you can be relegated , you don't qual for Europe etx
I dunno about that man, some of the crowds didn't seem that impressive. Are you just talking about the Champions Cup matches or whatever it's called?

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Scott Fardy has given a few interwisng interviews this year on the differences , his opinion would be valid . You'd be surprised if your not familiar with it

Status
Not open for further replies.