• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia Vs Argentina, September 13, Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Going to be tough when he is in the second row, adding some menace to our locks and saving the lineout.

How is he going to play second row when he's getting brought in at 8 to smash those Argies so hard they wake up in the Atlantic

Wilson

David Codey (61)
How is he going to play second row when he's getting brought in at 8 to smash those Argies so hard they wake up in the Atlantic

Maybe we just have concede that he'll never play for the wallabies again. I mean I don't see how it's fair that the IRB's new chief referee, brought into fix the issues plaguing the game could also turn out for one team.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would start Higgers and Horwill. Keep Hodgson on the bench and bring in the third back. I have no issue with Beale on the wing.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is there a good crowd expected for this? I notice Cowboys vs Broncos is on at the same time.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yep, it's a 23 man team and Higgers, like Beale, is probably best utilised off the bench in the last 20 minutes......

The one thing im really liking about the wallabies as we lead in to the world cup is the potential bench we can put together. the bench is often a good measure of a team. In years past you'd look at the wallabies bench and see a real dip in quality. But at the moment our bench is a real weapon. Both Beale and Higgers seem custom built for coming off the bench in test matches. Both add a lot of spark.

Possible wallabies bench for the world cup:-
16.Sio
17.TPN
18.Alexander
19.Skelton
20.Higgers/Pocock
21.Genia
22.Beale
23.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/Horne

bobdog

Frank Nicholson (4)
In my hypothetical Pub bash up where the Saffers drag guys out into the dunny to belt them and the Darkness pull'em under the bar to do the job where are our Wob bashers and what level of mongrel to they bring to their fight?

To me there in the middle of the floor, confused and perplexed about everything and with out much of a clue about what to do. Why is this so?

Deans successfuly underahndedly instilled the notion that failure is somehow a success and gallantry was nice. Under Link we hope(d), with his own bash background, he might be the Freddie Roach for us in setting the right blokes with enough mongrel instinct in the middle of the room to match, and then conquer the other blokes.

But he's looking increasingly like a morteined floor roach in how he sets his pack sees the way to the promised land.

Im talking about balls here -and big ones and not limited to 2. Thorn and Ratallick, to me have at least 3 or 4 the size of a camel. Forget skill and the puff pastry stuff ...at this level that is taken for granted. Lets stop the pretense, the excuses and do the hard honest look at our forwards...based on size and number of balls!
Go on rate them...then pick the pack!
Heres a start using two well known bruisers as a benchmark- Thorne and Retallick- 4 camel size

Us...
Hodgson -2 donkey size
Moore-3 pit bull size
TPN- 2 yak
Higginbotham-2 red kangaroo
Horwill-2 Brahama
Simmons ..now be honest and based against Thorne and co.

Go on rate them....

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
In my hypothetical Pub bash up where the Saffers drag guys out into the dunny to belt them and the Darkness pull'em under the bar to do the job where are our Wob bashers and what level of mongrel to they bring to their fight?

To me there in the middle of the floor, confused and perplexed about everything and with out much of a clue about what to do. Why is this so?

Deans successfuly underahndedly instilled the notion that failure is somehow a success and gallantry was nice. Under Link we hope(d), with his own bash background, he might be the Freddie Roach for us in setting the right blokes with enough mongrel instinct in the middle of the room to match, and then conquer the other blokes.

But he's looking increasingly like a morteined floor roach in how he sets his pack sees the way to the promised land.

Im talking about balls here -and big ones and not limited to 2. Thorn and Ratallick, to me have at least 3 or 4 the size of a camel. Forget skill and the puff pastry stuff .at this level that is taken for granted. Lets stop the pretense, the excuses and do the hard honest look at our forwards.based on size and number of balls!
Go on rate them.then pick the pack!
Heres a start using two well known bruisers as a benchmark- Thorne and Retallick- 4 camel size

Us.
Hodgson -2 donkey size
Moore-3 pit bull size
TPN- 2 yak
Horwill-2 Brahama

Go on rate them..
No, you can't make me.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
With Palu out, I'd expect to see Higgers in at 8. And it looks possible that Joe Tomane will come in for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing. If Link goes that way, I think we might see McCalman on the bench along with big Will Skelton, both to come on at the same time.

Really hope to see Slipper fit and firing and Horwill to start in place of Rob Simmons. Think he will go back to a 5/3 bench to cover for Tomane possibly running out of puff. Probably Betham in place of Hodgson, but maybe Godwin. He's still with the squad I believe?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Palu are out of this test through injury.

I wonder if Tomane will go straight onto the wing or whether Betham will get a crack?

Presumably Higgers to start at 8 and McCalman onto the bench.

What about Palu's injury? He's prone to loooooong injuries

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I got tickets to this one. Anyone know CBUS? Is row 35 the very back row? We are in the corner.

This stadium is great for viewing in that if you think of Suncorp and cut it off half way up, then you have CBUS. I was near the corner at the back for a game, and there was no problem.
It was actually a league game with close to a full house.
Somebody shouted me to it (say no more)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

Im talking about balls here -and big ones and not limited to 2. Thorn and Ratallick, to me have at least 3 or 4 the size of a camel. Forget skill and the puff pastry stuff .at this level that is taken for granted. Lets stop the pretense, the excuses and do the hard honest look at our forwards.based on size and number of balls!
Go on rate them.then pick the pack!

Us.
Hodgson -2 donkey size
Moore-3 pit bull size
TPN- 2 yak
Horwill-2 Brahama

Go on rate them..

Bobdog, I'm kinda worried that you're too obsessed with animal balls.
You've been hanging around in the dark area of those scrums for too long man.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
This is going to be a tough tough encounter.

Palu out, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) out, Slipper possibily out. If Slips out then Pek obviously with Benn the Robbo getting his first shot for about a year. He will make the most of it. I reckon his ship has sailed as the wallabies starting LHP but have said it before that his experience will be invaluable to the team at the RWC.

Horwill must now get a shot over one of Carter or Simmo - think it will be Carter. Whilst he hasn't set the house on fire he will be pumped if he returns to the starting side and would realise that he has to make the absolute most of this opportunity. Have been very surprised Carter hasn't brought his consistent S15 to the test arena and solidly locked down a starting spot. It may be a lost opportunity for him, particularly if James Horwill has a blinder

Would naturally retain Phipps Foley To'omua Kuirdrani Horne and Izzy

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If Slipps is out, and Horwill comes in, I wonder if Big Kev becomes vice skipper?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If Slipps is out, and Horwill comes in, I wonder if Big Kev becomes vice skipper?

Well, who else is there ? AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) injured. Maybe Foley or To'omua in the backs. Personally I don't believe in 2 x VC's. One captain and the Vice Captain to be in either the backs or forwards (where the Captain isn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.