• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa - Brisbane 7th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Yes, it is a touch unfair, I admit. Still, I think we have to maintain a position of agnosticism - at the very least - on whether O'Connor would have been able to stop Ranger had he been in Kirchner's place above.

You may, I don't. O'Connor missed 4 tackles all Super Rugby, and the Ranger incident was one of them. Four.

I'll agree it is possible that even with no injury Ranger would have bumped him off, Ranger is superb at bumping guys, but O'Connor is no slouch on D. And he deserves a lot of credit for taking that hit.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
That poor attempt at making a tackle clearly shows us that he belongs in the Vodacom cup, where you can still bounce smaller part timers into touch. Put on his arse properly. Great last line of defense that is..

I thought he had good technique going into that tackle. He often shuts down breaks like that.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Honestly if they came out playings like the Reds did v. the Lions I wouldn't even be mad. That was the most entertaining game of rugby I've ever seen.

Timmsy did say the Jim M told him that the game plan was 'fast and furious' so I guess we'll see!

The Lions had no idea what hit them. but then the rain started coming down which sucked... Hopefully tomorrow doesnt get the same bad luck!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I would expect Ranger to run over 90% of the current super rugby fullbacks.

With all the focus (both for and against) about JOC (James O'Connor), and that tackle on Ranger, I seem to think that QC (Quade Cooper) actually managed to stop Rampaging Rene Ranger during the Reds game. He kind of fell of the tackle but Ranger's progress was stopped, so it was essentially an effective tackle. QC (Quade Cooper)'s defence has been a significant improvement this year, and I don't get all the discussion over "hiding" him at 15 on defence.

Defending at 10, he is not the liability he once was. Good on him for improving this aspect of his game. I'm not expecting to see a MOM performance from QC (Quade Cooper) but think he is capable of putting in a 7/10 performance on Saturday night.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
With all the focus (both for and against) about JOC (James O'Connor), and that tackle on Ranger, I seem to think that QC (Quade Cooper) actually managed to stop Rampaging Rene Ranger during the Reds game. He kind of fell of the tackle but Ranger's progress was stopped, so it was essentially an effective tackle. QC (Quade Cooper)'s defence has been a significant improvement this year, and I don't get all the discussion over "hiding" him at 15 on defence.

Defending at 10, he is not the liability he once was. Good on him for improving this aspect of his game. I'm not expecting to see a MOM performance from QC (Quade Cooper) but think he is capable of putting in a 7/10 performance on Saturday night.

Oh jeez.....don't start this again.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Reading most of the comments online, shouldn't the title of the thread be changed to

Brisbane v South Africa - Australia 7th September 2013?

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Everybody is going on about how no bok team has won in Brisbane. its a graveyard etc. therefore history will beat the boks, not the players on the field tomorrow :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
After watching the Aussie "Jannie braai on a toaster" ad, it will be Wallabies by 15 now. The closer the test, the better it gets!

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Geez I've been waiting all week for this game. Apparently Etzabeth was training at the captains run. So he looks good to go.

Almost matchday! Boks by 2!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
where are your strengths Paarl.

this is where the Bok might trouble the Wallabies

• That big back row although a bit slow should be good for big gains up the middle.
  • Your lineout has always been good and the mail that comes with it. I expect you boys will put the ball out lots to exploit this.
  • Cunning players in your back line who know how to sniff out and intercept. With a ten with a big flat passing game in Quade, you may get these opportunities.
Scrum will be even but if we get an edge I won't be surprised. The key here is SA don't pack as low as NZ.

The pace of the Wallaby game will be what the Bokke will have trouble with.

I'm looking forward to a good game.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Another plastic Aussie rugby supporter. Collecting piccies from bioscopes. Get a grip Boet, the REAL Bok is a different animal.
Dont get so worked up, the Wobblies have gotten used to drilling the boks when they were being self coached over the last 4 years. Boks will restore the status quo in these coming tests.

Make no mistake, this is a game where the Wobblies are expected to be clear favourites. If they cannot manufacture a win at a ground where they have yet to concede defeat vs the boks, on the back of getting hammered by the B&I Lions + AB's... then this forum will go into overdrive squirm mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.