• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggies

Bob McCowan (2)
I am going to guess that the he majority of schoolboy and Baa Bar players will come from the 3 v 4 playoff if its Nsw1 v Qld 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think it is safe to say the Schools & Baa Baa's teams have been penciled in long before this tournament

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
i think it is safe to say the Schools & Baa Baa's teams have been penciled in long before this tournament

Selectors wouldn't be doing their due diligence if there wasn't a pencilled in squad somewhere, they just need to be pliable and willing to selector others that impress.

S

sidelineview

Selectors wouldn't be doing their due diligence if there wasn't a pencilled in squad somewhere, they just need to be pliable and willing to selector others that impress.

The selectors would no doubt have a list pencilled in but all the players have one more chance to impress on Saturday.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
HB, Rich_E and I watched it all.

What do you want to know?

Watched replay of Nsw 1 v Qld 2 is Moretti alright looked to get a shoulder injury and then come back on . He is one seriously talented tough boy and was right up there with best in comp.

S

sidelineview

Did Hardaker get injured yesterday midway through second half?

Woodcock played IC in the first half with Hardaker on the bench.
He started the 2nd half as IC and then shuffled out to OC with Woodcock again playing IC.

i hope he gets a fair run in his favoured position of IC and is allowed to play his natural game. The one that got him into the State team in the first place.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Watched replay of Nsw 1 v Qld 2 is Moretti alright looked to get a shoulder injury and then come back on . He is one seriously talented tough boy and was right up there with best in comp.

Don't know show and go,

You would think they wouldn't send him back on if it was too serious, but it was obvious. I suspect he will be fine, and yes he is a very talented boy and we hope gets acknowledged for his performances.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Excuses , excuses excuses is all I hear about NSW 1 they were overconfident thought they would just turn up win and be in the final ,which was clearly evident from the chat in the morning from some players but instead they played a really good team today who defensively put nsw under pressure and was a great game to watch . Bring on Saturday , I'm sure NSW 1 will be up for this game after all the talk today.

Show and Go,

You are right these are excuses, these things did happen, but bottom line is that QLD were too good on the day and deserved to win.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I have been really impressed with Waverley this year, in particular Morreti, Cornish, Donaldson and Hardaker - but can we not forget that they did lose to Kings and Riverview!

VR,

You are correct, Kings were too good on the day minus Hardaker.

There were 6 out for the return match v View and some experiments initiated that didn't work but view were tremendous on the day.
In the first encounter, both sides had a few out but waves won 67-12, thus the changes in the 2nd game.

The players you mentioned have had tremendous years but the team as a whole has worked brilliantly as a unit.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
The rugby.com.au NSW1 match report doesnt agree with you.
Donaldson at fly half got a big wrap.

Ultimately what I think matters little.
It's the selectors that count.
Fact is the NSW 1 backline was very pedestrian yesterday with the ball being shuffled sideways.
Happened time and time again from perfect line out ball straight from Frost into the hands of the scrum half.
It's up to the fly half to set his line better or take different options.
How he glides as an individual is irrelevant.
Would respectfully beg to disagree with whoever wrote the report.
But let's move on.
I have Goddard the ACT fly half as first choice in the Australian team.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Qld 1 staff are giving their inside backs every opportunity to make Australian sides
I don't think the 9 has missed more the 10 mins, the 10 the same ( only when injured) the 12 has played every minute, the 13 all but 30 mins
And the 15 hasn't missed a minute
All this despite being the most lack lustre backline in the comp
But the wingers are in good rotation with all the back reserves having a run there for their bare minimum time allocation
The forwards are not much different, reserve second rower heard saying if played minutes equalled dollars, he couldnt afford his strapping, good that he can still make light of it, but the bench of that team is rightly (i believe)very very disillusioned with the opportunities given

N.Stalker,
You sound like a very disgruntled parent who thinks his son deserves to be in that Qld backline but may not have been selected or is on the bench.

"All this despite being the most lack lustre backline in the comp"

Are you kidding mate!! ??
  • The #13 only played 5 min because #10 Campbell Parata in WA game
  • The #9 came off the bench in 2nd half against WA
Dont be a hater love the game and hey!! "leave those kids alone" :) :D

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I hope so there are a few ACT boys that deserve to be rewarded for their performances this week.
ACT got plenty selected last year including the captain, and conspiracy theories were about their selection and connection with the coaching staff.

I am guessing the captains role will again go to ACT but will be well deserved.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Codswalllop, there will be surprises

There absolutely will be and some players, parents and supporters are going to be very disappointed.

I just hope that all posters here post respectfully and reasonably after selections are announced.

Someone recently posted that, given the anonymous nature of this forum (for most people) a really good thing to keep in mind is to only post things you would be happy to put your REAL name to. I reckon that is awesome guidance

For the record, my real name is Mick Fanning.

Kidding. I think i am one of the few people here that goes by my real name. I guess that leaves me with nowhere to hide when I post.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.