• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1 - Saturday 18 August 2018 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Very few if any of the criticisms of the contract are about the value placed on Hooper. Though that is the one element the defenders try to limit the debate to. It is simply the five year duration that most, perhaps all, are critical of.
I agree that 5 years is a bit out there. I was contending the inference that he was signed as captain for 5 years. That was the silly bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If he's still playing in 5 years the odds are that he will still be captain. The two seem to go hand in hand. And given just how much he is going to cost RA, then we'd all have to hope he is still playing in 5 years time.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Wallabies squad for the first two tests has been trimmed to 28.

The 8 players to drop out are:

Jermaine Ainsley, Folau Fainga'a, Rory Arnold, Caleb Timu, Billy Meakes, Jordan Petaia, Curtis Rona, and Sefa Naivalu.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My 23 for the first test:

1. Sio
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Rodda
6. Tui
7. Hooper (c)
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Koroibete
12. Beale
13. Hodge
14. DHP
15. Folau

16. Latu 17. Robertson 18. Tupou 19. Simmons 20. Samu 21. Phipps 22. To'omua 23. Banks

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Wallabies squad for the first two tests has been trimmed to 28.

The 8 players to drop out are:

Jermaine Ainsley, Folau Fainga'a, Rory Arnold, Caleb Timu, Billy Meakes, Jordan Petaia, Curtis Rona, and Sefa Naivalu.

I think Fainga'a, Arnold and Rona are unlucky..although Rory had a Barry in the possibles vs probables..Rona been useless recently i guess.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not much back up at 13 when you remove Rona and Petaia.
I reckon Hanigan will make the bench and he may go 6/2 again.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Couples guys will be kept around for training early on. Can almost guarantee Timu and Arnold will be because Cheika loves his opposed scrum work.

Hanigan/Timu/Samu were the opposing backrow in cessnock

Bit light on fire power depth out wide. If folau goes down heaven forbid then there is little to no go forward or options for it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB have left for Sydney & oddly they've left NM-S, who's fit, behind & taken Coles who isn't.

The other guy left behind is SBW who's also not fit. In his absence I'm expecting to see Crotty at 12, his best position IMO, & Goodhue at 13 with AL-B in 23: as much as they seem to think Rieko is a future 13 I think it's obvious on the evidence of the last few Bloos games that he's nowhere near ready to be even a cover option therefore there's no room for Naholo on the bench.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
AB have left for Sydney & oddly they've left NM-S, who's fit, behind & taken Coles who isn't.

The other guy left behind is SBW who's also not fit. In his absence I'm expecting to see Crotty at 12, his best position IMO, & Goodhue at 13 with AL-B in 23: as much as they seem to think Rieko is a future 13 I think it's obvious on the evidence of the last few Bloos games that he's nowhere near ready to be even a cover option therefore there's no room for Naholo on the bench.

Think skudder took a knock

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

NM-S in his current form is not much of a loss eh.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Would be a few around that would prefer Banks at 15 and Hodge on the bench, i suspect.
I can see the logic in that. Folau is our best 15, but I am more convinced with Banks or DHP at 15 then I am with Hodge at 13. It also makes it easier to play a 6-2 bench.

Still - I think Hodge is one of those guys who seems able to rise to the occasion whereas Banks, for all his undoubted talent and potential, is uncapped.

I’m happy with whichever way it goes.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I can see the logic in that. Folau is our best 15, but I am more convinced with Banks or DHP at 15 then I am with Hodge at 13. It also makes it easier to play a 6-2 bench.

Still - I think Hodge is one of those guys who seems able to rise to the occasion whereas Banks, for all his undoubted talent and potential, is uncapped.

I’m happy with whichever way it goes.

I think this is the nub of it - Hodge has showed time and again that he deals with being put in various positions pretty well. I think that, here, experience counts. If Folau was moved, it would be DHP to fill 15. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.