• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Brumbies - Friday 8 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Oh this is fucked, sure he was out but how bloody long can you wait to make a call? So now it comes completely under the purview of who runs the big screen. It's dodgy.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not that it matters now, but it would've been interesting if West declined the conversion as soon as it seemed the try was in question. I believe that, that would've left the referee powerless to stop him and review the try.

T

TOCC

I know... those correct decisions are just awful....

It's not like it's going to make a difference to the outcome...
Why stop in the lead up to the try, why not pause every few minutes and have the TMO analyse every play.. Oh I know, because people want to watch live rugby been played and not replays.

If the refs are making so many wrong decisions then get better refs..

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
I thought someone had given the Sunwolves the Brumby jerseys but then I remembered the Sun Wolves at least can throw the ball around and look flash at times.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's not like it's going to make a difference to the outcome.
Why stop in the lead up to the try, why not pause every few minutes and have the TMO analyse every play.. Oh I know, because people want to watch live rugby been played and not replays.

If the refs are making so many wrong decisions then get better refs..
How bout he thought it was out but didnt call it as it would ruin the run of play. But then the tries scored, and he thought how unfair if that guy was out .. lets have a look.. He obviously saw it.. but let play on as wasnt 100 percent sure.. You want him to blow the whistle say it was out and get it wrong..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The Bloos choose this game to start playing footy. Buggers.

Don't think it's quite so simple HJ. It is either the difference between the last placed NZ side and the equal top Aus side, or it's the difference between a game plan that sets out to play winning rugby by scoring tries, and a plan that is designed to try not to lose the game. Unfortunately, the Brumbies just can't play that plan efficiently either.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Sorry Burnie, but if there is a team that needs an attacking and backline coach its the Brumbies.

To'omua needs to go as he is stale and provides little.

Kuridrani needs to be benched and i would suggest new scenery: 7 metres tonight total!

And Toua - not Super Rugby level and need to be released. 43m, 8 carries, 3 passes, 2 turnovers conceded, 9 kicks v Nanai 123m, 17

Time for big changes Burnie.

T

TOCC

How bout he thought it was out but didnt call it as it would ruin the run of play. But then the tries scored, and he thought how unfair if that guy was out .. lets have a look.. He obviously saw it.. but let play on as wasnt 100 percent sure.. You want him to blow the whistle say it was out and get it wrong..
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Right, so if the blues don't score in the next passage of play, if the Blues pressure the Brumbies line for 2 or 3 minutes and then go over does he then go back and have a look?

Like i said, if the Refs are making so many bad decisions then get better referees, the current trend of TMO's intervening is overly intrusive on the game.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Don't think it's quite so simple HJ. It is either the difference between the last placed NZ side and the equal top Aus side, or it's the difference between a game plan that sets out to play winning rugby by scoring tries, and a plan that is designed to try not to lose the game. Unfortunately, the Brumbies just can't play that plan efficiently either.

It was a good plan by the Blues but more skill in this case.

Most of their bloody team including the forwards run with pace, step, and offload better then most australian backs.

For example, just compare the difference with ball in hand Fardy has to the blues backrower.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
This Blues team sits at the bottom of the New Zealand conference, shorn of a third of its top starting XV, coached by a Super Rugby rookie, has one starting All Black in their entire squad, an Englishman in the backline and a school bully on one wing.

The Brumbies, on the other hand, are at the top of the Australian conference, coached by a seasoned Super Rugby coach and Wallaby great, contain multiple starting Wallabies throughout their squad and are have the motivation of playing to secure a favourable playoff position.

I think this should be a fairly open and shut match.

Clearly the Blues will win by 7-10 points.

And most of you b@stards probably thought I was making a funny.....

Status
Not open for further replies.