• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I know a few players who have been in discussions with Sam Cordingly in regards to playing. i think the players know but it will probably be a few weeks before the team lists are released.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I know a few players who have been in discussions with Sam Cordingly in regards to playing. i think the players know but it will probably be a few weeks before the team lists are released.

I think the coaches have only just found out however there are a few caps (and apparently an occasional double up).

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I guess it's hard when you have to split a group of players across 2 teams.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Reason I asked was a friend of mine coached some of the younger players at school level (CFS, Kerevi) and chatting to them on the weekend they didn't seem to know.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah none of the players I've spoken to know what team they are being looked at for. They are just happy to be looked at. I guess the selection criteria is vague so they can't say if they are city or country. A couple of guys who were born in country NSW and raised in Brisbane/Logan region.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
NRC-mockup-FixturesONLY.jpg

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I like that QLD country will be moving around locations.

Although' I can't understand why the City vs Country game isn't the one at Suncorp, instead of City vs Canberra.

T

TOCC

I like that QLD country will be moving around locations.

Although' I can't understand why the City vs Country game isn't the one at Suncorp, instead of City vs Canberra.

Because it's the curtain raiser for the Bledosloe..

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
an old squad I came up with, needs big changes now.

Pettowa Paraka
Jono Owen (departing)
Markus Vanzati
Kirwan Sanday
Phil Kite
Sef Faagase

James Hanson
Andrew Coady
Francois Postal

David McDuling
Jack Payne
Sam Fattal
Terrin Walls

Ed Quirk (?? off to Force??)
Curtis Browning
Liam Gill (Sevens)
Michael Gunn
Jono Ellis
Adam Korczyk

Nick Frisby (injured)
Jack Mullins
David Campbell

Ben Lucas (injured)
Sam Greene

Ben Tapaui (injured??)
Samu Kerevi (injured??)
Henry Taefu
Rex Tapaui
Sam Johnson

Lachlan Turner
Brando Vaaulu
Tom Banks
Isaiah Mosese

Jamie-Jerry Taulagi
Damon Murphy

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, there will be players who should be elsewhere, more because of my naivety as much as anything.

T

Train Without a Station

Rising have said that in addition to 16 Rebels they will be selecting 17 players from the Dewar Shield. So it sounds like 33 providing that the 16 Rebels number is correct and they aren't looking to supplement with expats in addition.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It would be good if people nominated Premier players from their Club who they think would make the squad. At least it would provide some content. I will try and work out where the Sunnybank players would go.

T

Tigers Tale

Jets from an Easts perspective not too many of these guys will get a look in now that they have missed the semis but for what it's worth:

Paraka - Born: PNG, School: TSS Sen Club: Easts - country?
Ready - BNE & GT - city but depends what the story is with Faiinga & Hanson;
Sanday - FIJI national side, grew up Bne, junior club Easts & went to Nudgee - City;
Fattal - went to TSS & then played for Easts - Country or City;
Gunn - Bne, Easts Jun, ACGS & Easts - City
Wilkin - star of the future deserves a spot - Bne, Easts Jun, IONA & Easts - City;
Mullins - Bne, Easts Jun, GT & Easts - City
Deck - TGS & Easts - Country;
Brandon - Bne, ACGS & Easts - City;
White - Bne, GT & Easts - City;
Placid - Rocky & TGS - Melb Rising;
Turner - city;
Toua - France;
Seuteni - France;
Quirk - injured - Force or France ???

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank Dragons
Possible City players

Feao Fotuaika - Feao is a young tight head prop on the rise. It is his second year playing Premier rugby at Sunnybank after being part of the Australian Schoolboys in 2011. He is a longshot to be picked up in the NRC but worth a look at for the future. Would benefit from training with the squad.

Sam Rochester - Sam is currently playing lock for Sunnybank. He would be close to the shortest lock in the comp at less than 6'. He is normally a backrower who has shown a lot of aggression and determination this season making lots of meters in contact. Sam played on the wing in the St Laurence's 1st XV in 2008 so he also has speed on his side.

Chazz Mahina - Chazz is a young backrower who was selected for Qld Schoolboys in 2011 from Marsden SHS. He has had a good year for Sunnybank and is incredibly strong in contact. One to watch, if not this year, in the coming seasons.

Sean O'Çonnor - Sean has started every game for Sunnybank this season. He has provided quick service to the slick backline. While small in size Sean plays above his weight and is incredibly fit. A roughie in selection but wouldn't let the team down.

Junior Laloifi - Junior is a speedy winger who has been part of the Aust 7's program in the past. He has the ability to make a try out of nothing and is a pure joy to watch on the field when on stong. Seems to have become much more consistent this year that in the past.

Henry Taefu - Henry is a hard running centre who's distribution skills are probably underrated. He played 2 years in the NRL U20 comp for the Bronco's and Parra before returning to play rugby in 2011 when he played the majority of the year in Premier Rugby. Henry was in the Aust U20's in 2013. He has been a mainstay of the Sunnybank backline and has eased the pressure on Mitch Third who has come straight out of school to play 10. Should be in contention for a centre spot in the City team.

Rex Tapuai - Rex is an outstanding rugby player who has lightning pace and is strong in contact. Has had an outstanding season in 2014 after not hitting his high standards in 2013. Would be well worth having in the team.

Matt Feaunati - Matt can play on the wing or at fullback. Has had a couple of indifferent seasons but is back on song in 2014. He is outstanding at kick return, often finding holes in the defensive line.

Peter Lee - Peter is another winger in the Premier squad and another former Aust 7's player. Peter uses his size and pace to break defensive lines and make crucial ground. A supreme athlete Peter is well worth a look at for the NRC.

Brando Va'aulu - Brando has been a huge influence in the resurgence of the Dragons in 2014. Brando returned form Japan where he played for Tokyo Gas. He was previously a member of the QLD Reds before moving overseas to France. He played for Samoa in the 2014 Pacific Nations Cup. Not sure about international players in the NRC but Brando would be a great addition to the Brisbane team.

Thebank2014

Allen Oxlade (6)
I ag
Sunnybank Dragons
Possible City players

Feao Fotuaika - Feao is a young tight head prop on the rise. It is his second year playing Premier rugby at Sunnybank after being part of the Australian Schoolboys in 2011. He is a longshot to be picked up in the NRC but worth a look at for the future. Would benefit from training with the squad.

Sam Rochester - Sam is currently playing lock for Sunnybank. He would be close to the shortest lock in the comp at less than 6'. He is normally a backrower who has shown a lot of aggression and determination this season making lots of meters in contact. Sam played on the wing in the St Laurence's 1st XV in 2008 so he also has speed on his side.

Chazz Mahina - Chazz is a young backrower who was selected for Qld Schoolboys in 2011 from Marsden SHS. He has had a good year for Sunnybank and is incredibly strong in contact. One to watch, if not this year, in the coming seasons.

Sean O'Çonnor - Sean has started every game for Sunnybank this season. He has provided quick service to the slick backline. While small in size Sean plays above his weight and is incredibly fit. A roughie in selection but wouldn't let the team down.

Junior Laloifi - Junior is a speedy winger who has been part of the Aust 7's program in the past. He has the ability to make a try out of nothing and is a pure joy to watch on the field when on stong. Seems to have become much more consistent this year that in the past.

Henry Taefu - Henry is a hard running centre who's distribution skills are probably underrated. He played 2 years in the NRL U20 comp for the Bronco's and Parra before returning to play rugby in 2011 when he played the majority of the year in Premier Rugby. Henry was in the Aust U20's in 2013. He has been a mainstay of the Sunnybank backline and has eased the pressure on Mitch Third who has come straight out of school to play 10. Should be in contention for a centre spot in the City team.

Rex Tapuai - Rex is an outstanding rugby player who has lightning pace and is strong in contact. Has had an outstanding season in 2014 after not hitting his high standards in 2013. Would be well worth having in the team.

Matt Feaunati - Matt can play on the wing or at fullback. Has had a couple of indifferent seasons but is back on song in 2014. He is outstanding at kick return, often finding holes in the defensive line.

Peter Lee - Peter is another winger in the Premier squad and another former Aust 7's player. Peter uses his size and pace to break defensive lines and make crucial ground. A supreme athlete Peter is well worth a look at for the NRC.

Brando Va'aulu - Brando has been a huge influence in the resurgence of the Dragons in 2014. Brando returned form Japan where he played for Tokyo Gas. He was previously a member of the QLD Reds before moving overseas to France. He played for Samoa in the 2014 Pacific Nations Cup. Not sure about international players in the NRC but Brando would be a great addition to the Brisbane team.

I agree with all that jets.... Sunnybank have been pretty strong this year . Would he a shame if some players didn't get a look in for the NRC teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.