• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Premier Rugby Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Jets said:
My long term suffering supporting Uni is starting to pay off. If Uni and the Reds make the finals this year I will be one happy man.
Be a good game at St Lucia this Saturday Jets, Uni v the Tigers. Going along? If so, match report please.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
spectator said:
Jets said:
My long term suffering supporting Uni is starting to pay off. If Uni and the Reds make the finals this year I will be one happy man.
Be a good game at St Lucia this Saturday Jets, Uni v the Tigers. Going along? If so, match report please.
I will be there for Prem Colts and will try and watch Premier too but it depends on the wife and kids. If I do watch it I will have a go at a match report.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Sully's keen for a big week obviously!!

Match of the round will be Uni vs Easts, closely followed by the Dragons vs GPS.

Brothers get a chance to rack up their first win of the year and move off the bottom of the table when they take on Wests (C'mon Dogs!!) who have a 7 point start.

Caleb Ralph is named on the bench for Sunny Coast as they take on Souths - could it really be him? If Kef gets another run it will be like watching a Golden Oldies game!

Norths play the Goldie who have both won 2 and lost 2 so far - toss a coin for this one.

Best of luck to everyone except Sully, Austin and Jets who lead the comp on 10 points

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dFFiUlA4aWNjcUJKc3RoTEtDZ0FxMHc6MQ" width="760" height="944" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Chief - you haven't entered a tip for the Sunny Coast vs Souths game...hope you see this.

Just post your tip here and I will include it

T

TOCC

I went out and watched sunnybank bs gps...

I'm on a quickly dying iPhone, however from what I witnessed at this match.. Sunnybank front row dominated, ole avei is a fantastic ball runner, also I hold no doubt over the question of whether Liam gill can handle himself, size is a
non-issue even against a significantly larger gps pack.

Ben Tapui had a great game as 12, However he was the
starting 5/8..His kicking and diatribution game is lacking, however his running/off loading and
decision making game is fantastic(ala umaga). Even for bloke still developing physically, his ability to remIn standing and off load in tackles is quite exceptional

C

chief

Juan Cote said:
Chief - you haven't entered a tip for the Sunny Coast vs Souths game...hope you see this.

Just post your tip here and I will include it

Sunshine Coast 18 (J Rodley, C Ralph, T Puki tries M Stone pen) d Souths 17 (A Ongolea, K Sitauti, A Ketchell tries M Zovko con)

I was gonna pick that........ >:D

T

TOCC

Souths backline is struggling to fire and they gave been decimated with injuries

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Well done to Austin who leads the comp with 14 points and Noddy and Saulih who picked 5/5 this week.

Much like Austin, Sunnybank are powering ahead and much like Moses, Wests are battling and looking like spooners already.

GPS' early season bubble seems to have burst as they have now lost 3 on the trot.

Austin 14
Juan Cote 13
Noddy 13
Jets 13
Sully 13
spectator 12
Refabit 11
Running Rugby 10
Saulih 10
rugbyfreak 10
Pepe 9
chief 7
Moses 5

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
This week sees last year's Grand Final rematch between Souths and Brothers. Game of the round is without doubt Gold Coast and Sunnybank while Norths host Sunny Coast.

Wests get a big start against the Red Heavies and GPS need a win when they host Easts.

The comp will step it up in the next few weeks as the Reds players start returning.

<iframe src="https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dG01Q0FkblA5cDAzblJOZ3BlN0RDU1E6MQ" width="760" height="944" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hardest round to pick so far. I could finish with 0/5 this weekend and wouldn't be surprised.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Jets,

The only one I have any confidence about is Sunnybank (who are definitely looking like the team to beat) over the Gold Coast but given how close the comp is so far, that will probably come back to get me.

Brothers obviously moving forward now so who knows between them and Souths. Damon Murphy at halfback for Brothers will be interesting to watch.

I would slightly favour Easts over GPS but it should be very tight. GPS need to fix their defence but having their first choice centres in Donovan Slade and Simon Poole should help.

Wests v Uni - the loss of Luafutu for Wests could be a big factor but the loss of Hanson may be even bigger for Uni. Think the handicappers' intervention may tip the vote in favour of Wests.

Norths v Sunny Coast - think that purely depends on whether Sunny Coast are on their game or not. Then again the experience of their former internationals will be handy if it get's close at the end. I would love to see that game and what impact Kefu has.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I was going to ask if that Was Damon Murphy the fullback? So it is? Wow, is this his first game there?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Noddy said:
I was going to ask if that Was Damon Murphy the fullback? So it is? Wow, is this his first game there?

I think he has been playing there for the last couple of weeks.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I forgot about Caleb Ralph and think I tipped Norths :'( Guess I better hope that they get up this week.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Noddy, your tip has come thru on the spreadsheet as both GPS and Easts - let me know which one it is you want..or a draw

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
GPS at home mate.

Although in the U7 (V) game @ 9.10am it will be Taylor Bridge in a canter

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Austin said:
Jets,

The only one I have any confidence about is Sunnybank (who are definitely looking like the team to beat) over the Gold Coast but given how close the comp is so far, that will probably come back to get me.

Brothers obviously moving forward now so who knows between them and Souths. Damon Murphy at halfback for Brothers will be interesting to watch.

I would slightly favour Easts over GPS but it should be very tight. GPS need to fix their defence but having their first choice centres in Donovan Slade and Simon Poole should help.

Wests v Uni - the loss of Luafutu for Wests could be a big factor but the loss of Hanson may be even bigger for Uni. Think the handicappers' intervention may tip the vote in favour of Wests.

Norths v Sunny Coast - think that purely depends on whether Sunny Coast are on their game or not. Then again the experience of their former internationals will be handy if it get's close at the end. I would love to see that game and what impact Kefu has.

Come back to get you straight away. I know you aren't the only one to tip this.

Results Juan??? Not sure I want to see them as there are a couple I know I got wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.