• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Was Mogg playing injured in the back end of the season? He had that tentative look

Yeah, he'd buggered his shoulder and was clearly lacking what little confidence in contact he previously had.

My opinion of Mogg is that he's a Latham the second.

Once he naturally fills out a little and puts on a bit more beef, he'll have confidence in contact to make the tackles he needs to. The kid can hit seriously hard, getting him to do it consistantly is the thing. He'll continue being patchy, with moments of brilliance and clangers, but once he truly finds his feet, he's going to be very good, unless we lost him to France or Japan first.

His performances in gold were much better than people remember. A few kicks failing to find touch, and a few missed tackles aside, he also made a shit tonne of metres with his boot, a few really good breaks and his positioning was pretty good.

It's also worth noting that his few games in gold were at the very beginning of Link's tenure, with To'omua at 10, other new faces, and a backline trying to learn a different style of play.

Folau's 2013 season set a pretty high benchmark too.

mozzberry

Stan Wickham (3)
Robbie's a good player and versatile, but imo his defense was really not up to scratch when playing on the wing in the NRC. I think that most wingers in the professional game are so much bigger than Robbie that he seems to have a bit of trouble taking them down one-on-one. Also seems to be a bit of a problem when he's playing 15. IMO he's a 10 or 12 these days rather than an outside back.

I am a big Mogg fan, but in no universe does he get the nod ahead of Coleman based on his capabilities as a defender. For all Coleman's defensive shortcomings, Mogg is still the human turnstile and struggles tackling anything with two legs.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If Coleman has defensive issues on the wing then shifting him to 12 would be a total cluster fuck............

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I always thought Coleman could be a world class scrum half... Massive heart and high work rate always keeps the defense on its toes... Mogg just has massive boot, and good all round running game. He will have a top season no doubt... Lucky to have both in the squad I think...

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Mogg needs to get his mojo back , didn't realise he was carrying a shoulder which explains a lot , when on song few better on the fly and love his kicking distance .

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
You mean this clean break? Might want to knock the cobwebs off that selective memory of yours ;)

33min+Mogg+Run.gif

Don't make me find the clips of him on defense against the Darkness, please. He has a lot to offer but he's still got a ton to prove if we're talking about him playing for the Wallabies at the RWC.

I must say thats a Bloody nice cover tackle by the lock on Mogg

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Congratulations to Nic White and David Pocock on the announcement of the leadership group and dual vice captaincy.
It will be great to see Pocock back on deck and given the rehab programs they have these days I see no reason why he will not regain his playing capability.
Nic White had a great year for the Brumbies last year, leading the stats in try assists and line break assists and is appreciated by the playing group as evidenced by his being runner up to Butler in Best player, chosen by their peers, by a point. He has previously been captain of the Brumby Runners and was chosen to become the youngest to captain the Brumbies in 2013.
Hoping for another great year and I don't think a lot realize how close they were last year but its a bugger when you have 70% possession and the referee and assistants don't police the offside but that's gone and here's to 2015 with Steven Moore and his deputies and teammates giving it a red hot crack.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Very happy for Nic - real competitor and genuinely nice young bloke.

Just hope he kicks shithouse when the Reds travel to Canberra in a few weeks.

Pocock was a bit of a surprise but bloke is obviously respected by all, on and off the field

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
From twitter

@gavinmortimer7: Additionally Midi says that Jake White is on the point of signing Brumbies scrum-half Nic White "for at least two seasons"

T

TOCC

Has no one told him White is signed until 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Australia is in trouble at halfback if both Genia and White leave..

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Australia is in trouble at halfback if both Genia and White leave..

Genia in recent years has been a long way from best. White was the Wallaby half but incessant kicking saw his demise in favour of Phipps.

Go the Frisby

Status
Not open for further replies.