• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I think he might slot in at 6. I'm guessing a Carter/Fardy 2nd row with Butler at 6, Pocock 7 and Auelua 8 now that Mowen has left.

Latts1992

Herbert Moran (7)
Where's the source on White leaving? That's a massive shame, but perhaps not surprising if he was offered a bucket of euros. We are going to have to do some recruiting to replace him though. Dowsett doesn't seem up to starting for some time.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Where's the source on White leaving? That's a massive shame, but perhaps not surprising if he was offered a bucket of euros. We are going to have to do some recruiting to replace him though. Dowsett doesn't seem up to starting for some time.
The source is from the Brumbies.

T

TOCC

How does that work given it was announced he had re-signed with the Brumbies and ARU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

How does a player who only negotiated a 2 year extension in August now get an early release? How is that in the best interest of either the ARU or Brumbies... Some form of financial remuneration for the club?

This is a very peculiar case indeed..

B

brumbies20years

I trust this to work out and White to play until he is 32 for the Brumbies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How does a player who only negotiated a 2 year extension in August now get an early release? How is that in the best interest of either the ARU or Brumbies. Some form of financial remuneration for the club?

This is a very peculiar case indeed..

I think it's a sign of how broke the ARU is. I've said this for a couple of years now. There will be a massive loss of players because the ARU can't afford then. Any chance too offload some contracted will happen.

I can't understand it. It worries the hell out of me.

Can't think who the brumbies will play there next year. Reckon they will go hard at Frisby.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think it's a sign of how broke the ARU is. I've said this for a couple of years now. There will be a massive loss of players because the ARU can't afford then. Any chance too offload some contracted will happen.

I can't understand it. It worries the hell out of me.

Can't think who the brumbies will play there next year. Reckon they will go hard at Frisby.

Think Frisby will be safe RR. He looks to be red through and through and will most likely be the No1 No 9 in Qld if Will goes o/s as expected.

I'm also not sure that Dowsett has the makings of a Super half back, but maybe young Powell from last year's U20s. He certainly gives very quick service to his outside men.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Nic will be sorely missed by the Brumbies, but unless there is a dramatic turn around in the apparent requirements for a Wallabies' No 9 spot that values a long kicking game, then it looks like he hasn't got much of a show at continuing his Wallabies' career. I have no doubt that he will be a star in Europe.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah why would Frisby go when he's going to be #1 when Genia goes? #9 depth next year is very worrying. In 2016 Phipps will be the only Test capped halfback.

Clearly Jake White is a pulling power, wouldn't surprise me to see more Test capped Brumbies leave to Montpellier.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can only imagine the Brumbies have let him go early because they have his replacement lined up. Let's be honest. Pickle can't be too happy with the game time he got under Graham last year, despite Genia's average form. We saw his abilities in the NRC. I'm sure Larkham did too.

I reckon it's a big chance.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
maybe they just let him go because he quietly promised to do two years overseas then come back on a two year deal to take him to the next WC with the brumbies?.

Status
Not open for further replies.