• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Do you anticipate they will go into the game with only two backs on the bench or will they be looking to bring someone in from the JID?

The big question would be who from the JID? Would a safer option be to bring in a winger?

I know its a left field option, but throwing a bit of caution to the wind (and I think we need to), Christian to 10, Taliauli to 12 (he is ex league and 7's so may be a surprise at 12), and the Doyle to 13 (yes, the nutty one - he can defend, run a ball up and has some speed...and a viable option).

I would then also consider either Smiler (has played 7s) or Butler for the back up 13, leaving option for Robbie to play 10/12/15. Christian to play 10/12/15, and Ah-Wong to play 12 or 15 or even Joe at 15 if needed. Henry can go back on the wing to keep the opposition worried about our width and maybe in tandem with Joe draw the pressure off the centres.

Edit - after all that I missed out Iona!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
9. White
10. Lilo
11. Tomane
12. Iona
13. Speight
14. Taliauli/Ah Wong
15. Coleman

22. Dowsett
23. Ah Wong/Taliauli

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
9. White
10. Lilo
11. Tomane
12. Iona
13. Speight
14. Taliauli/Ah Wong
15. Coleman

22. Dowsett
23. Ah Wong/Taliauli

I like it but worry that it make us a little light through the centres. Could be tough to defend or get through the big Rebel centres and we could end up being a turnstile up the middle.
Not sure if a new combination of Lilo, Speight and Iona defending against English etc fills me with confidence to be honest.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm guessing:

9 White
10 Lealiifano
11 Tomane
12 Coleman
13 Speight
14 Taliauli
15 Iona

22. Dowsett
23. Ah Wong

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The positive spin on this is that we are not trying to "find" someone to fill a position(s). The remaining cattle is sufficient to make it about preference and best options.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I like it but worry that it make us a little light through the centres. Could be tough to defend or get through the big Rebel centres and we could end up being a turnstile up the middle.
Not sure if a new combination of Lilo, Speight and Iona defending against English etc fills me with confidence to be honest.

Against English - nah not worried at all. Against Sefa, now that's a real concern.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think the logical option is going to be

9. White
10. Llio
11. Tomane
12. Ah Wong
13. Speight
14.Taliauli
15.Coleman

22.Dowsett
23. Iona

And in the forwards Arnold will slot in somewhere while keeping Enever in the lineup with the 6-2 split

Wilson

David Codey (61)
That looks like wasting your biggest strength, Gill kept us in it when we were a man down for 60 minutes, you'd be insane not have Pocock try for the same dominance.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If we're converting backrowers, put Vaea out there, even if only for the expression on the Rebels backs faces as they shit themselves.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbieman said:
If we're converting backrowers, put Vaea out there, even if only for the expression on the Rebels backs faces as they shit themselves.

Speight back to the wing and a centre combo of Ita and Futo... Remember Aluera was a 13 in France

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Crimes is reporting that Speight and Coleman will split inside centre/fullback duties with Ah Wong getting a start at outside centre..........

B

Bobby Sands

Dave could play 12 at a pinch.

Should you do it? No. Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.