• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
So To'omua looks to be definitely gone for at least next week and Dargaville (broken foot) looks to be in the same boat.
Since Mogg is still out with his shoulder as well as TK who will the starting back line and 3 reserves be?
For mind Rod Iona is the last contracted back?

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Very decent of you there, hb. I can assure you every Tahs supporter I know was cheering for the Reds in 2011. To even insinuate you don't support the Tahs over NZ and Saffer teams disappoints me greatly. There again, having lived in Brisbane for six years as a young man nothing about the irrational hatred of some Queenslanders towards anything south of the Tweed would surprise me. Like yours.
I never said anything about supporting other countries teams over Australian teams, I'd just prefer the Reds, Brumbies, Force and Rebels over the Tahs. Trust me when I say cheering your mob on last year was tough but I did it.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Very decent of you there, hb. I can assure you every Tahs supporter I know was cheering for the Reds in 2011. To even insinuate you don't support the Tahs over NZ and Saffer teams disappoints me greatly. There again, having lived in Brisbane for six years as a young man nothing about the irrational hatred of some Queenslanders towards anything south of the Tweed would surprise me. Like yours.

Respectfully Lindo, that is all well and good if you choose to view the competition as 3 nations but others choose to view the competition as 15 franchises based on their own merits. I view it the latter and frankly confess after my love of the Reds I have a soft spot for the Highlanders, Lions and Cheeters over any of the other Australian Franchises. I like the team grit they show against the odds and the way the Cheeters are not afraid to think outside the square. In their respective conferences I also view them as underdogs and I gravitate to that emotion more than some construct of national unity in a competition I view as 15 franchises.

I was happy for the Tahs last year, not because they are an Australian franchise but because they played the rugby that deserved them to win the competition.

I fully understand why people don't like the Tahs and I am no fan myself. I extend that to all rugby heartlands because when you are not located in one and love the game every bit as much as those who are, you see the terrible inequity of the game in Australia. It does come across as Australian rugby is NSW centric. It isn't a QLD thing to feel that way. The game has been professional for nearly 20 years and when you are not in the inner sanctum which still exists, it feels very much like a niche sport.

NSW deserved that win on merit but sadly the fallout has been that NSW centric attitude has gone through the roof.

If you are a rugby nut in any prominent rugby area, to quote Keating you are "kissed on the arse by a rainbow".

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
I have always thought that one of the biggest factors in winning Super Rugby is luck with injuries. The Brumbies have been traveling okay up to the last couple of weeks, so hopefully we can get through this next month without any more.

I reckon a team needs to win all its home games, plus 3 on the road to be certain of a spot in the finals, 4 to get a home semi final. Brumbies are still looking pretty good there - no home losses, plus 2 away wins already. The majority of games to come are at home, and there are 3 home games in a row now - Rebels, Highlanders and Waratahs, and if we can win all those, plus pick up another win or two from our remaining away games - Stormers, Lions and Force - we will be in a good position.

Of course, we will still have the last home game hurdle of the Crusaders.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
With the backline injuries of To'omua, Kuridrani, Mogg and potentially Dargaville, next weeks backline could very well look like:
White, Lealiifano, Tomane, Iona/Coleman, Speight, Taliauli, Coleman/Iona with the strong possibility of only 2 backs on the bench of Ah Wong and Dowsett unless Larkham brings in someone from club rugby.

OR for something completely left field, put Fotu in the centres if fit.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Well it's shitty news, but the only positive about last night is that we finally get to see what Lealiifano has got, and if 2012 was how good he really is when running the ship...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Unfortunately, if either Coleman of Iona are playing in the centres, it will resemble a turnstile for the opposition attack. I would much prefer to see Ah Wong come in at 12 if Christian is moved to 10. The alternative would be to play one of Coleman or Iona at 10 where they can be covered somewhat in defense by the loose forwards, keep CL at 12, bring Ah Wong into 13 and return Henry to the wing.

Whatever happens, they will be short on experience on the bench. Thought the Easts No 12 looked very good against the Eagles a week ago. Also a very good goal kicker. Has some promise?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd be inclined to go with Ah Wong. He's a big powerful runner who can resume the role McCabe played next to Lealiifano in 2012, which was a big part of it's success.

Similar to playing To'omua or Fainga'a next to Cooper, he needs a direct 12 as a foil for the creativity and to take those power hit ups and get over the advantage line.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, too many big name injuries occur in Waratah derbies..........

I say we just roll out a B team for that game, potentially throw the match, but break as many Tahs as possible in the meantime.......... :D

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Im really looking forward to Ah Wong, he should be match fit next week and 12 or 13... Slap a jumper on the big man..

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Nah, too many big name injuries occur in Waratah derbies....

I say we just roll out a B team for that game, potentially throw the match, but break as many Tahs as possible in the meantime.... :D

Nah, crush the bastards, it's fortress Canberra ;)

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sio and To'omua out for up to 8 weeks
Dargaville 2-4 weeks

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/b...ut-for-up-to-eight-weeks-20150413-1mjyrf.html

Status
Not open for further replies.