• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I thought the pop up bar could've had a couple of improvements made - there wasn't a heap of seating and there was certainly a fair bit of free space, and while the music wasn't bad, a TV with the earlier rugby games (if they're on) would bring more people into the area and keep them entertained before the game starts. Getting some local beer on draught instead of Boags cans would be pretty good too. I noticed there was a few portable tap type setups used at the multi-cultural festival after the game.

You know now that I've written that I realise I sound like a princess, but if you're trying to bring people out of the pub earlier and into your pop up bar, you've gotta compete to some extent.
I was told they were looking at extending it. They just didn't know how many people they'd get being the first game. You'd never get people on a rugby site calling you princess.....that'd never happen :)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought the pop up bar could've had a couple of improvements made - there wasn't a heap of seating and there was certainly a fair bit of free space, and while the music wasn't bad, a TV with the earlier rugby games (if they're on) would bring more people into the area and keep them entertained before the game starts. Getting some local beer on draught instead of Boags cans would be pretty good too. I noticed there was a few portable tap type setups used at the multi-cultural festival after the game.

You know now that I've written that I realise I sound like a princess, but if you're trying to bring people out of the pub earlier and into your pop up bar, you've gotta compete to some extent.

Not a Princess mate, that's some great Idea's having the Rugby at a Rugby game.. it's not rocket science. Have some seats to put your arse.. easy too.

Local beer is all well and good, but I think they maybe have to sell Boags as part of playing at the eski. Could be a commerical reason we don't know

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pocock and the Brumbies' rehabilitation group have been pushed to the physical limits, gasping for air and reaching for buckets to vomit in as they use a facility which the club hopes will give them an edge over every Super Rugby rival.

The Brumbies are using the University of Canberra's research institute for sport and exercise altitude chamber, simulating high altitude and combining it with humidity and high temperature to add an extra edge to fitness work.

:eek:

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
I thought the Brumbies defence last night was a stand out against the Force. After watching the Reds/Waratahs game tonight we are looking pretty good to remain on top of Aussie Conference IMO. I'm liking the sound of a Chiefs v's Brumbies Final, but I won't jump the gun just yet.

Happy

Dave Cowper (27)
With 3 away wins, the Hurricanes are in a very strong position already, and playing well. They seem to have a better balanced team than the Chiefs.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
He didn't get much game time on the weekend but I like the look of the scrum half you blokes had on the weekend. Nice crisp pass on him I recon.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He didn't get much game time on the weekend but I like the look of the scrum half you blokes had on the weekend. Nice crisp pass on him I recon.

Young Dowsett was quite disappointing in the NRC I thought, but I do agree his service this year when he's come on has been especially crisp and accurate. He is looking a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.