• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Shame Andrew Smith isn't on the books any more.

I'm guessing Dargaville will get first crack at outside centre, though I'd prefer Ah Wong if he's fit. Surely they're not seriously considering moving Speight?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I guess Dargaville would go to the starting XV since he's been coming off the bench for most games so far.

Ah Wong didn't play club rugby since Vikings had the bye last weekend so could be short of a run and with the Brumbies having a bye this week, he might be short of a run

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
But is Nigel fit and playing for the Vikings this weekend? Will be good to see him back especially now with Tevita being out for some time.

BTW, Henry has filled in at 13 and has done it quite well in the past. At the time, I thought Joe Tomane was more of a No 13 type, but was pleasantly surprised at how Henry handled the spot. What with him playing 6 (or 7) for some time last week, he is becoming very versatile.:)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dargaville to 13 Ah Wong to the bench till match fit then I'd swap them at half time till we know who's better 13.. I've been impressed with Ah Wong in the NRC

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So Moggy's out again and it looked like Robbie suffered some injury against the Cheetahs. What will the lineup look like next week if both are out?

I'd prefer to see Dargaville at 15 with Henry returning to the wing and Nigel Ah Wong coming into the 13 spot. Taliauli and Dowsett on the bench and who else? Maybe Iona?

BTW I thought Robbie's defence against the Cheetahs was below par and that all round he didn't have a very good game.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
How did Ala'alatoa play off the bench against the cheetahs? I missed the game. I can't wait until his big brother blocks out bloody Paddy Ryan on the bench or god forbid Ryan starts after Kepu leaves o_O

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How did Ala'alatoa play off the bench against the cheetahs? I missed the game. I can't wait until his big brother blocks out bloody Paddy Ryan on the bench or god forbid Ryan starts after Kepu leaves o_O

He didn't get much of an opportunity.

I tend to think Matt Sandell from the under 20s will advance past Mike Ala'alatoa.

I don't think Ala'alatoa is any better at scrummaging at this stage than Ryan.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Braveheart81 said:
[quote uid=15568 name="topgun" post=730294]How did Ala'alatoa play off the bench against the cheetahs? I missed the game. I can't wait until his big brother blocks out bloody Paddy Ryan on the bench or god forbid Ryan starts after Kepu leaves o_O

He didn't get much of an opportunity.

I tend to think Matt Sandell from the under 20s will advance past Mike Ala'alatoa.

I don't think Ala'alatoa is any better at scrummaging at this stage than Ryan.[/quote]
Which one.?

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm talking about Mike seeing as topgun was mostly talking about the Tahs.

Of the Ala'alatoa's, younger brother Allan is the better scrummager. I'd still doubt that he is any better at scrummaging than Ryan at this stage. I imagine he'll go past him pretty soon in that regard though. Allan A is definitely set to be a strong player.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Allan is a strong player and a big unit, he just needs to be exposed to more Super Rugby, I think he'll be a lot like Sio when his time comes. Which side does he play on?
[off brumbies topic]There's no way Mikes scrumming could be worse than Ryan's, Robbie Coleman's scurmmaging is better than Ryan's. Mike just has a lot of potential to be like Tamiefuna (in frame) without looking like a sweaty muffin.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So I have order one of these bad boys.. already.. DECENT !!

Anzac_Front_of_jersey_1024x1024.jpg

http://brumbieshq.com.au/collections/frontpage/products/2015-mens-anzac-jersey

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
I hope To'omua is ok, you guys are going to need him and since the reds are a sinking ship the brumbies need to carry the Australian flag. The thought of the tahs doing it again sickens me to my Queensland core.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Very decent of you there, hb. I can assure you every Tahs supporter I know was cheering for the Reds in 2011. To even insinuate you don't support the Tahs over NZ and Saffer teams disappoints me greatly. There again, having lived in Brisbane for six years as a young man nothing about the irrational hatred of some Queenslanders towards anything south of the Tweed would surprise me. Like yours.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Very decent of you there, hb. I can assure you every Tahs supporter I know was cheering for the Reds in 2011. To even insinuate you don't support the Tahs over NZ and Saffer teams disappoints me greatly. There again, having lived in Brisbane for six years as a young man nothing about the irrational hatred of some Queenslanders towards anything south of the Tweed would surprise me. Like yours.
It is what it is Lindommer... I guess the ain't Tah's things been bread over years of underachievement and a bit of jealously, you guys have it all.. us Brumbies (and Reds) have done it tough.. even the Rebels and Force have 'SUPPOSEDLY' a better city to live in..

It's all good when you mix Green and Gold you get True Blue ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.