• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Seems odd that Coleman left, doesn't it.

Seems like the year he would've been given a real crack in the position he was originally flagged in.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Seems odd that Coleman left, doesn't it.

Seems like the year he would've been given a real crack in the position he was originally flagged in.

He had been fairly heavily criticised for his (poor) performances most of the year, and playing @10 I don't think was a desire at all, on top of not being his thing in the 15 man format. Even playing 10 in the 10's he had gone off the boil. So I think he wanted to avoid the 10 jersey TBH and his NRC form solidified that. Thus the jump to the Force to play @12.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Ok I'll do that - I'll just need to figure out the best way to take real-time notes since I won't have the benefit of a recorded replay when I get home to write it up!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Have a look at some of the previous trial match reports on the main page. Don't need a full on match report just who played well, who had a shocker, any injuries, any other interesting take aways (combinations, tactics etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
A touch filthy, maybe. Born a Qld-r I was. At the end of the day though, its about how to get a report from Mudgy.

I have 4wd commitments on that weekend. Cant tell you how much I'm trying to find a way to Mudgy.

Reckon it could be a straight highlight for 2017. Simon, just feckng enjoy it!

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
A touch filthy, maybe. Born a Qld-r I was. At the end of the day though, its about how to get a report from Mudgy.

I have 4wd commitments on that weekend. Cant tell you how much I'm trying to find a way to Mudgy.

Reckon it could be a straight highlight for 2017. Simon, just feckng enjoy it!

If you do manage to make your way to Mudgee hopefully it's a memorable trip. It's been too long since I've visited my ancestral home.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
A Reds fan covering a Tahs/Brumbies game. I don't know how I feel about that.

Don't worry, I'll be objective - I hate all you southern bastards equally!

The missus is from Mudgee but went to uni in Canberra so she usually cheers for the Brumbies on the rare occasions I can get her interested enough to watch a game. Although she frequently refers to them as the "Canberra Brumbies" so you can see what I'm up against here.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Expect interim captains during the 2 trials and Brisbane 10's then a decision to be made on which player(s) will get the nod in the leadup to the first Super Rugby game.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Thought Nic White was close to MOTM for Montpellier v Bordeaux on the weekend. Any sign of him returning to the Brumbies prior to the RWC?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Not sure. Heard his name linked with Exeter too.

He probably knows where he stands with Cheika and if he's in until the RWC, we may not see him in Aus before then.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He put in a really good performance; front on defense (especially against his opposite) and cover defense were very good, he was especially fast to the breakdown on most occasions and his passing off the ground and particularly his ability to find the right runner were exceptional, and to top it off, not a box kick I can think of. He did post one or two penalty goals too when Franz Steyn was in the sin bin.

Lots of familiar faces in the game; Moggy, Joe Tomane, Steyn, Pierre Spiers, Nadolo, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Jannie du Plessis, and a couple more.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.