• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Will Genia did. Arguable that Phipps was ever any better than Nic White.

Absolutely.. as I recall White had a few poor kicking games and got put aside... He was there as an option if Leoliifano became the Wallabies flyhalf but Cheks stuck with what he knew, Foley...

All apart of the complete 2 two team theory... But cant win battles without cannons...

Lealiifano's Stats....
WALLABIES 19 caps and 124 points
BRUMBIES 117 caps and 803 points

Foley's Stats:
WALLABIES 41 caps and 404 points
WARATAHS 77 caps and 622 points

Giteau:
WALLABIES 103 caps and 698 points
BRUMBIES 67 caps and 458 points
FORCE: 37 caps and 296 points

Q.Cooper
WALLABIES 67 caps and 154 points
REDS 108 caps and 792 points

Dan.Carter (NZ)
ALL BLACKS 112 caps and 1,598 points
CRUSADERS 141 caps and 1,708 points

Amazing stats from Carter... And we wonder why its so hard...

Apologies stats good now :rolleyes:

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
All those stats are based on whether they are a kicker. How is that a key stat? Not all 10s kick, and not all 10s need to score tries.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
ATT: Brumbies. Please contact Pat Sio ASAP. Good chance he will be available for 2018 with Racing and Stade merging.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
All those stats are based on whether they are a kicker. How is that a key stat? Not all 10s kick, and not all 10s need to score tries.

Sorry didnt have that info but yes not all 10s kick, Mortlock at the Brumbies kicked mostly not Giteau. Quade kicked mostly for the Reds...
But Foley kicker and Carter kicked day and night..

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Looks like Wayne Smith pulled his finger out and wrote a useful article...

When the professional era began, and SANZAR was formed, the rugby world watched in envy as the three nations that had dominated the World Cup to that point played each other each week.

Initially, NZ demanded six of the 12 places, with South Africa having four and Australia limited to just Queensland and NSW. But News Corporation, which was bankrolling the venture, dug in and the Brumbies were formed. What a triumph that was. In their first nine years they won two titles and were runners-up three times.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Absolutely.. as I recall White had a few poor kicking games and got put aside. He was there as an option if Leoliifano became the Wallabies flyhalf but Cheks stuck with what he knew, Foley.

All apart of the complete 2 two team theory. But cant win battles without cannons.

Lealiifano's Stats..
WALLABIES 19 caps and 124 points
BRUMBIES 117 caps and 803 points

Foley's Stats:
WALLABIES 41 caps and 404 points
WARATAHS 77 caps and 622 points

Giteau:
WALLABIES 103 caps and 698 points
BRUMBIES 67 caps and 458 points
FORCE: 37 caps and 296 points

Q.Cooper
WALLABIES 67 caps and 154 points
REDS 108 caps and 792 points

Dan.Carter (NZ)
ALL BLACKS 112 caps and 1,598 points
CRUSADERS 141 caps and 1,708 points

Amazing stats from Carter. And we wonder why its so hard.

Apologies stats good now :rolleyes:

Foley wasn't kicking in his first year, so that stat is a bit skewed. It's actually a pretty flawed metric. Kicking percentage is a better measure, provided they aren't just brought up for the long-distance kicks (ie- Kurtley Beale, Nic White).

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Foley wasn't kicking in his first year, so that stat is a bit skewed. It's actually a pretty flawed metric. Kicking percentage is a better measure, provided they aren't just brought up for the long-distance kicks (ie- Kurtley Beale, Nic White).
Its not a kicking measure its just points scored...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Does anyone know when the Fianga twins will be back and available for selection?

From http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ort-leukaemia-foundation-20170315-guyg08.html

The Brumbies are also set to be bolstered when Saia and Anthony Fainga'a return to training on Thursday after being granted leave to be with their families after their father, Saia Senior, died last month.
Saia and Anthony won't be in selection contention this week, but their experience and presence will help the new-look Brumbies prepare for the biggest match of their season.

Reactions: mst

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

Not to mention CLL missed selections because he would either get injured immediately before or immediately after the beginning of test season.. little to do with coach bias when your leg is fucked or you're taking a nap on the pitch 30 seconds into a test.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah, nah. I heard on twitter, that on Facebook someone had seen a whatsapp conversation of a snapchat saying they saw a report from a reliable source but on a site away from the main stream to keep it out of view of the public. It was on some weird fetish site, gagging in gold or something; anyways, it was definitely going to be a merger. Brumbitahs! Home ground in Campbelltown!

Alex Sharpe

Chris McKivat (8)
How sweet. A win over the 'tahs in Sydney is a beauty of a result. Forget the peripheral SANZAAR rubish and enjoy what rugby should be enjoyed for.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Best part was "Man Of the Match went to Hooper"... I don't know why the Tahs do such silly PR things, the Tahs fans in the stands around me just laughed when they announced is name and put up his picture on the big screen... I know he is a good guy too... The player on the field that made a difference last night was Henry Speight

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the man of the match at Bruce is always a Brumby. I think it's a sponsor thing given to the best home team player

Status
Not open for further replies.