• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Has Godwin actually signed with the Brumbies yet? I wonder if he is waiting to see if Larkham stays before committing?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Has Godwin actually signed with the Brumbies yet? I wonder if he is waiting to see if Larkham stays before committing?

Not sure why that would be a point of difference in Godwin's decision. As I am not sure Larkham staying would be a good or bad thing. It will depend entirely on who his successor is...

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
^^^^yep! That's what I heard.

So here is my speculator, calling it first!

Bernie to sign 1 year as HC and then depart to the Wallabies as assistant and HP role to support Super Rugby clubs.

Grey to do the same from the Tahs,

Brumbies HC 2018 will be either Fisher or McKeller; Fisher returning either-way in some capacity.
As i called it! (so far)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Hopefully next year will be Larkham's breakout year as coach. He's had a couple of years to learn from his mistakes now.
Like a job application - prove you are good enough to be the Wallabies attacking coach and future head coach!;)

Time to walk the talk.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Not sure why that would be a point of difference in Godwin's decision. As I am not sure Larkham staying would be a good or bad thing. It will depend entirely on who his successor is.

I was under the impression he was deciding between the Brumbies and Waratahs. Would have thought he would want to develop his game as an inside back under Larkham.
Nothing against the Brumbies but I would have thought playing 12 for the Tahs would be a more attractive proposition - playing outside the current Wallaby halves and inside Folau.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nothing against the Brumbies but I would have thought playing 12 for the Tahs would be a more attractive proposition - playing outside the current Wallaby halves and inside Folau.

As David Hookes said about NSW cricketers receiving their Baggy Blue cap that at the same time they received the Baggy Green in a brown paper envelope. So it is for Waratahs' to receive the Wallaby jersey.

Reactions: mst

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
As David Hookes said about NSW cricketers receiving their Baggy Blue cap that at the same time they received the Baggy Green in a brown paper envelope. So it is for Waratahs' to receive the Wallaby jersey.

and nothing about playing and living at -10 in Canberra vs living near the beach in Sydney

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
So who is going to play 10 next year? With Lilo's illness & To'omua leaving the Brums look a bit light on at flyhalf. By my reckoning Coleman & Jooste are the only blokes that play 10 that are left on the books.

Has Quade definitely signed for the Reds? Or are there any 'marquee' 10s on the market?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd like him to play for us, but Benny Lucas has left Montpellier to play in Japanese Top League, so might be available for Super Rugby. Still only 28 (29 by next Super Season) so would still be good value for 2-3 seasons IMO.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Hopefully the likes of Jooste and Jackson-Hope get plenty of game time in the NRC.....

If Godwin is signed they need to get him over here asap, and also start looking at Alex Horan who is playing for Cbr Vikings in the NRC.. Any talent in the JiD?

I think the time has come where the Brumbies are going to have to suck it up and roll the dice on some young new talent - and if Lilo can't play I hope he can coach / mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.