• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hopefully not at the expense of signing someone like McInerney, or a leftover from the Force/Rebels. Abel is hardly Super Rugby standard at the best of times, and his no-look intercepted pass was a big factor in the Canes getting dominance in the QF. Personally, I wouldn't sign him in any circumstances.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Hi Brumbies fans, need some advice.
Planning a small trip up the Hume with some mates for the Argentina match in a month:

(1) Is it worth shelling out for the gold/platinum tickets at GIO? Or are most seats pretty well placed?

(2) Having no knowledge of Canberra, does it matter where we stay? Should we be looking near the stadium or is easy to uber/public transport around the place?

(3) Pubs/bars nearby for before or after the game?

Cheers.

Stay in the city somewhere, get an Air BNB in one of the nice apartments somewhere. Take the free bus to and from the stadium. Dress warm (< 5C) or take a hip flask.

Check out the war memorial in the morning if you can, then go into Braddon and have some delicious craft beers @ Bentspoke in the afternoon. Plenty of options in Civic if you want to get a bit rowdy after the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully not at the expense of signing someone like McInerney, or a leftover from the Force/Rebels. Abel is hardly Super Rugby standard at the best of times, and his no-look intercepted pass was a big factor in the Canes getting dominance in the QF. Personally, I wouldn't sign him in any circumstances.

I completely disagree.........

When Abel got the opportunity to start when JMR was injured he played very well, and was lucky not to be out first choice hooker after those performances.

Great signing, and I hope to see him get more game time next year.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we're picking up Folau Fainga'a as well, then I'm really happy with our options at Hooker. Unless a player is generally incompetent, or we're signing a direct upgrade, I'm always happy to see us retaining players.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Conflicting opinions - that's ok. But I've never been impressed by him. I think his lineout throwing is suspect and his general play is uninspiring.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
If we're picking up Folau Fainga'a as well, then I'm really happy with our options at Hooker. Unless a player is generally incompetent, or we're signing a direct upgrade, I'm always happy to see us retaining players.

Fainga'a is a good one. Id also look at getting Brandon Paenga-Amosa in the mix.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So in regards to locking in next years squad, it's being reported:

- The Brumbies are searching for two more backs (we haven't re-signed Tom Banks, Kuridrani or Lonergan as yet?), plus some rising stars for the extended squad

- Folau Fainga'a, Matt Lucas, and Lachlan McCaffrey all close to signing contracts

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So if that's our forwards locked in (for the full time squad) for next year, we seem to be pretty short on locks with only Carter, Arnold and Enever on the books...........

Hyne can play lock, but at Super level?

Maybe Darcy Swain will pick up a rookie contract?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So if that's our forwards locked in (for the full time squad) for next year, we seem to be pretty short on locks with only Carter, Arnold and Enever on the books.....

Hyne can play lock, but at Super level?

Maybe Darcy Swain will pick up a rookie contract?

IMO Swain was the top U20s lock in the country and must be signed in some fashion by the Brumbies for next year and beyond.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I am worried about our locks next year. Gone from abundance to looking a little thin, one injury and we're in trouble. Will be good to see Enever get a lot more gametime though, I really rate him. Just needs some itchy powder under his nose before a game to get him throwing his weight around a little more.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Our recruting is nowhere near done. Only positions that look "full" are prop, hooker, and wing. If this season's squad is any indication, we should expect another seventeen players involved with the Brumbies next season.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Probably a short term deal. He had to forego a deal on Japan last year due to his health so may be going as a good will gesture?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Well, with the Force gorne apparently, I think we should throw the sink at Billy Meakes and Naisirani. DHP would be a good option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.