• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Despite the apparent riches the Brumbies had this year in backrowers, Blake Enever has had to fill in some of the time because of the dire injury situation. Can't tell from one year to the next where those injury problems might be experienced, but Samu coming in with Fakosolea leaving looks a good pick up to me.

Must be some doubt about Hyne staying on too given his run of injuries.

So far as his Wallaby credentials go, almost every No 6 running around in NZ atm would waltz into a Wallabies side where Ned Hanigan is seen to be the front runner. Samu right now would be mouth watering - next year with the availability of Naisarani, and the development of players like Valetini, Dempsey and ASY (Angus Scott-Young), maybe not so much.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Despite the apparent riches the Brumbies had this year in backrowers, Blake Enever has had to fill in some of the time because of the dire injury situation. Can't tell from one year to the next where those injury problems might be experienced, but Samu coming in with Fakosolea leaving looks a good pick up to me.

Must be some doubt about Hyne staying on too given his run of injuries.

So far as his Wallaby credentials go, almost every No 6 running around in NZ atm would waltz into a Wallabies side where Ned Hanigan is seen to be the front runner. Samu right now would be mouth watering - next year with the availability of Naisarani, and the development of players like Valetini, Dempsey and ASY (Angus Scott-Young), maybe not so much.
Be a shame if Valentini or Samu ends up on the bench..But hopefully we manage too keep them all..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Force are currently in the enviable position of having someone financing them who is willing to lose money doing so. Ultimately we need some private equity in our other teams and owners willing to do the same.
It's really the only way to 'get ahead' for a professional sporting team or competition. Look at all the private equity in NFL, Basketball, European football, etc. Even Football (Soccer) here in Aus was ultimately saved by private equity.

It's a non-essential entertainment product with high overheads and low returns. Given the economic climate at the moment it's a wonder more sporting organizations aren't under the pump.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
release only states 2019. That means he isn't eligible for selection now? Unless they just change the rules again.

Would be interesting to know whether there were any discussions between RA and NZRU regarding selecting him for the Wallabies.

Whilst NZRU keeps talking up that they are confident their contracts tie a player to them who is eligible for multiple countries that doesn't necessarily mean it would hold up in practice. At the very least it's something they wouldn't want to have to pursue because their course of action would be to sue the player trying to play for another country. I don't think they would be able to block the player via World Rugby because the Regulation is specifically designed to stop that (such as players in Europe being encouraged to make themselves unavailable for national selection as part of their contract).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Has Valentini re-signed yet? His original contract was for 2 years, 2017 and 2018.

McCaffrey is only on a one year deal too.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Interesting signing Samu means for good of oz rugby Isa or Valentini should go else where..but fuck off leave my boys alone

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
What chance this is all a publicity move designed to drum up a bit of the good old us-against-them feeling and drive a few more punters through the the gates?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Could be, but hey if it works ;)
They shouldn’t be asked to rest players when things are as precarious as they are in Canberra.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.