• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If you’re Gill you aren’t coming back for money, you’re coming back for family and a wallabies jersey. His family is in Queensland and the reds will be sitting pretty good come 2020

Plus I thought the guy who was helping pay Pocock did so because of his work outside of the footy field?

No idea.. but you never know with rich people.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Great new for the Brumbies but what is the international qualification these days? Is residency 5 years? Pushes him back to 27 before potentially being available for Australia.

Yes, residency is 5 years.

Maybe he's got an Aussie grandparent?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I love that we're signing a clearly talented backrower for a few years, but why is it that we apparently couldn't offer Speight two years but we can offer it to a guy who hasn't played ten games for us?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So in the game tonight, fox spoke of TK possibly signing with the Reds... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
They should announce it next week in the lead up to the Reds game.

They're just trying to arrange the tram so that it can arrive at the station and then he gets off to announce it.

K-Train.gif

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If that is true, i'm going to St Leonards with some Semtex.

If RA are providing a top up for him (yes), then surely they have enough leverage ("If you want to play for QLD and put the two best 13's in the same squad and hamstring both players/teams development then we ain't giving you a top up") to 'convince' him that it would be best to stay where he is?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
If I was you guys I would have a crack at Izzy perese to replace Speight (and ?TK, I doubt he's actually coming to the reds though that would make little sense). Perese seems to have burnt his bridge at the Reds fairly definitively and with the regime change at the Broncos has not been given the contract or opportunities he was promised.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If I was you guys I would have a crack at Izzy perese to replace Speight (and ?TK, I doubt he's actually coming to the reds though that would make little sense). Perese seems to have burnt his bridge at the Reds fairly definitively and with the regime change at the Broncos has not been given the contract or opportunities he was promised.

To be honest we already have the wingers to cover Speight. Although his a lose.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
In general the Brumbies have done really well to cover any holes in their roster for 2020. Very impressed by this. Who runs the roster management?