• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waves

Totally agree with you, he is over rated and as with a lot of players are picked on reputations they gained as 15 year olds. It makes no sense as these players rest on their laurels and most don't improve their games as required.

Name any other THP or #3 that has stood out this season. Lawley is the only other props that has caught my eye this year.

N

ned

Name any other THP or #3 that has stood out this season. Lawley is the only other props that has caught my eye this year.
I doubt you have seen many games seeing as you are playing at the same time. Maybe you should concentrate on your own form playing first grade for Sydney Uni instead of talking up your brother and all his mates.

W

waves

I doubt you have seen many games seeing as you are playing at the same time. Maybe you should concentrate on your own form playing first grade for Sydney Uni instead of talking up your brother and all his mates.

Why would he waste his time on this thread ned, let alone think I would write non sense about players if I havn't watched them play this season ?

Its no secret I am a proud Waverley old boy supporter, but in all honesty I believe our lack of depth at prop see's Talakai at least a Top 3 pick.

G

gilbertt

cranbrooks front row has seemed to be solid and justified by the only selections from cranbrook being a prop, hooker and 8

C

CDOG

GPS V CAS
solid performances from Debrazeni, ben lawley, pat Kennedy and the 4 and 5. all forwards stated have extremely high work rates especially Kennedy. couldnt understand why P.cokinos didnt start, talakai lacks fitness and the other boy seems more impressive.

For GPS the 8 and 6 proved very good footy players with the rest of the forward pack being solid players of a very high standard as well. The backline was as usual, very dominant. Very solid players to look at in the future such as the 12 and both wings.

T

theboss

Thank you for some objectivity. Reading another thread - I thought was in a parallel universe - turned out to be tongue in cheek - you guys! - after watching the GPS "guns" in action - I can only sum it up as rather ordinary except the back 3 - give credit due - skill, speed, talent and persistence definitely hard to beat.

The score didn't reflect the game - a couple of opportune tries making it look far worse than it actually was. (Told this was one of the sentiments of one of the winning side's coaches). Who knows - reality is full of opinions just like those on the internet (Thank you Abe).

On first read of the "other thread" it certainly didn't reflect what I witnessed last night. Slight sense of relief when actual thoughts revealed.

Reality call needed ............please!

CAS 1st XV came out solidly and gave some much touted and "beaten" up names a scare for the first fifteen minutes or so. Great to see! Humbling in fact. Not that word "humble" is widely used currently.

Not knowing all of the names vs actual bodies - gave all of them the benefit of the doubt and I waited, waited and waited ....then - thought they had enough petrol in their tank - were saving themselves for the second half and armageddon was near.

Didn't happen.

Some blokes thought they were ambling towards the station home from school rather playing rugby. (Just being big is no longer the criteria to play in the elite ranks and you have to play and participate in the full game - not go missing in action and becoming obstacles around the edge of the ruck. No longer under 12s!

I gave the benefit to the maligned number 8 GPS due to his reported meteoric rise in schoolboy rugby. (Hey you guys - you put this stuff out there!) I thought he spent a lot of time away from the physical action and the line outs (which CAS surprisingly dominated - a very positive thing in itself (and we need to bottle the Barker hookers throwing in skills - superb!)).

All in all not a ground breaking performance from a possible/probable future rugby representative and he did not live up to the hype conferred upon him (not really his fault I suppose) - he became mute as the game progressed - not good for a captain of a first XV.

Majority of the CAS forwards had a heavy workload and performed well - did not disgrace themselves at all. Thought no 7 was tireless - and gave everything he had. Number 5 was consistent, dependable and very solid as he has been from the outset of the games - 7 and 5 showed the right stuff which a team requires. There was no great difference in the 8s - thought CAS 8 didn't shirk from contact and mixing it in the forwards - he was noticeably dominant over his opposite number in that aspect. The CAS props were obviously smaller and "outweighed" - they were however more mobile and with a few more games together - would be a potent combination and very effective force in any competition.

I understand both NSWJRU and the NSWSRU have a great interest in solidarity, teamwork and cohesion with a team playing together and having little or no room for "stars" as they tell the players themselves - "there is always going to be someone better and faster."

The CAS first XV forwards should take credit for their performance.

it boiled down to the GPS back three really. The ball got to them and they did their assigned jobs. Great entertaining rugby.

I think there will be a number of surprises when the selectors make their views known this weekend. And will serve as a reality check for some.

Lot like life really?

Look forward to CHS - GPS game Friday - VERY interested in who will walk to the station .......... together??

GPS V CAS
solid performances from Debrazeni, ben lawley, pat Kennedy and the 4 and 5. all forwards stated have extremely high work rates especially Kennedy. couldnt understand why P.cokinos didnt start, talakai lacks fitness and the other boy seems more impressive.

For GPS the 8 and 6 proved very good footy players with the rest of the forward pack being solid players of a very high standard as well. The backline was as usual, very dominant. Very solid players to look at in the future such as the 12 and both wings.

T

theboss

Interesting facts

2009 National U16 Championship - NSW Schools team - National Champions that year - players who played that year and

CAS first XV this year - 1, 5, 7, 9.

GPS first XV this year - 9 and 11

T

the beast

GPS V CAS

I agree Talakai lacks fitness, but i still troubled by his shoulder injury and was replaced at half time. I find it hard to believe that you would include an unfit player in your side when a fit enthusiastic player could be selected.:confused:

R

rockon

CAS 1st XV players to make NSW all schools? based on trial games
My bets on:
1-Lawley- 2nds
5/6- Orr- 1sts
8- Sio- 1sts/2nds
13- Creeley- 2nds

Possibles-
Pat kennedy, Talakai, Scarano

T

T.Rugby

Knox is travelling to the country to play Kinross and I think are playing in Bathurst. from what i know its 13A's, 14A's,15 A's, 16 A's & 1sts 2nds and 3rds?

I'm assuming Cranbrook will be playing their annual match against Scots. Not sure what Barker are doing?

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Knox is travelling to the country to play Kinross and I think are playing in Bathurst. from what i know its 13A's, 14A's,15 A's, 16 A's & 1sts 2nds and 3rds?

I'm assuming Cranbrook will be playing their annual match against Scots. Not sure what Barker are doing?

Knox is playing Kinross in Orange in all A teams and 1sts. No 2nds and 3rds.

C

Casnovian

Are they playing all ages and grades or just some?

TRINITY GRAMMAR SCHOOL - SATURDAY 16TH JULY 2011 - A. J. Rae Shield
RUGBY v Newington

1st XV 2nd XV 16A 15A 14A 13A
3.15pm 2.00pm 1.00pm 12.00pm 11.00am 10.00am

TGS No. 1 Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.