• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thewaterboy

SPORTSMANSHIP you pillock! How do you defend such manly behavior - attacking a defenseless player on the ground is about as low as it gets! Hang your head in shame.

Im not defending them, but of course you are going to get an aggressive reaction when you are niggling them throughout the game.
I watched all the opens games and 9/10 it was a Aloys player who started it, so dont get all high and mighty when Waverley turned around and reacted

T

The Blindside

its not just this game, waverly are known for playing dirty and starting fights. its no wonder no one else in the CAS likes them

Waverley 13E's played New today. With New up 42-7 at half time the Waverley boys went the bash in the second half. Waverley had 2 boys red carded and still didn't stop so the ref called the game early. Its a real worry that the Waverley culture starts teaching this crap to their 12 year olds. It's a disgrace that the headmaster and coaches encourage such unsportsmanlike behaviour. perhaps they might want to think about teaching rugby skills at training !!

T

Thewaterboy

its not just this game, waverly are known for playing dirty and starting fights. its no wonder no one else in the CAS likes them

I agree, kick the most successful CAS side out of the competition.
Teach them right for winning,
btw its a well known fact most sides are taught to niggle Waverley

R

rockon

Trinity vs Knox

Great start to the game today by knox, coming out of the block hard. Few players got injured and trinity capitalized on this immensely. Following the 5 points trinity came back harder then ever, great decision making by the halves jones and debrezini and saw trinity hit back with a few tries. Later on in the half the knox number 1? crossed over for an easy try. nothing in it by my point of view in the crowd. Half time hit and trinity were up 38-10. Trinity used this to their advantage and came back harder then ever and about 5 minutes in after blistering runs by both the Orr brothers, Sio and the morsello boy they crossed over again.. and again... and again. special mention from trinity must go to Clark, Ryan, clunies-ross and the back row of the forwards for all their work on and off the ball.

S

sulidoror

...waratah shield semi hshs v knox could be embarrassing on current form...hshs 57 kings 17; and now this....maybe knox were more focused on that game than this one ?...

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Trinity 72 - Knox 10 - ouch! Any other scores?

Ouch indeed. Potentially one of the worst results ever for Knox 1sts Rugby, but well done Trinity. As for Knox, hopefully some sane heads can get to understand and correct what has happened to their 1sts this year. On paper this should have been a good side: it has descended into Greek tragedy or farce.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)

Please name any CAS (or GPS for that matter) that actually like each other. I have seen over a dozen schools in every age group this season and I can assure you that every school I have seen have either had (or should have had) red cards for foul play - it's that simple. NO single school has a mortgage on teenage stupidity.

B

baldingwingforward

What has happened to Knox? 70 points against Trinity!! (And didn't they leak close to 50 in the 1st round against them?)

They have 2 Australian reps in their 1st XV and plenty of other good players around them. Yes Cam Clarke has been out injured for the whole season but the school is one of the biggest in Sydney. They must have got plenty of other half decent players to choose from!

Perhaps time for some new coaching blood up there? Can anyone from Knox cast any light on why the team has been so poor this year when on paper they seemingly should have been title contenders.

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
firstly any parent browsing this website i must tell you to please get a life and quit living your unknown lives through a rugby forum or your sons lives, you no longer attend school. secondly it was very entertaining watching those alos kids get hammered in the 2nds
Completely hypocritical statement from an unknown about watching alos kids get hammered yet not living life through others.
Which centre of academic excellence produces such an inane comment?

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
What has happened to Knox? 70 points against Trinity!! (And didn't they leak close to 50 in the 1st round against them?)

They have 2 Australian reps in their 1st XV and plenty of other good players around them. Yes Cam Clarke has been out injured for the whole season but the school is one of the biggest in Sydney. They must have got plenty of other half decent players to choose from!

Perhaps time for some new coaching blood up there? Can anyone from Knox cast any light on why the team has been so poor this year when on paper they seemingly should have been title contenders.
The true question to ask is why have Trinity suddenly become such a force?
Sure they have some great home grown talent but.....?
The answer lies in another forum within the schoolboy thread.

K

k14

Knox has not been able to have a solid game this year due to so many injuries. It was unfortunate today going into the game they were missing 6 of their original 1st XV. After around 10minutes of game play another 4 came off as a result of some bad injuries. Ultimately I think 6 of the starting team stayed on the whole match. All credit to Trinity for getting such a good score margin.
Several boys played well including Lawley, Mitchell, Beaumont, King, Cameron from Knox, and from Trinity both Orrs, Sio, Morsello, Clarke.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Im not defending them, but of course you are going to get an aggressive reaction when you are niggling them throughout the game.
I watched all the opens games and 9/10 it was a Aloys player who started it, so dont get all high and mighty when Waverley turned around and reacted

Well, yes mate, you are defending them. There are no words in the English language that were designed to offer any sort of rationale explanation for that type of behaviour, so don't demean yourself by trying - rugby doesn't need that, and please, if you still feel the same, could you take your Norths emblem off your profile - I'd hate to think we had anything in common - that is of course if you still feel it was somehow justified. If, after some re-consideration you feel differently, then feel free to leave it there and I'm sure we'll bump into each other at a Norths match and have a good chat about how much we value the ethos of the game - Colts I assume, possibly third grade???

Pity, it distracts from the main headline Aloys beat Waverley - well done guys, it doesn't happen very often so its a great achievement.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
First time in 12 years i think i was told at the ground. Great performance by the Aloys boys, unfortunately they just let Waverly back in when P.Kennedy got sin binned, but it was too little too late for Waverly. For waverly the only real standout was their number 8 Charles. For Aloys obviously Kennedy, Veevers had very good games as did Kingston. Great Performance from the boys

clubpro

Stan Wickham (3)
The true question to ask is why have Trinity suddenly become such a force?
Sure they have some great home grown talent but.....?
The answer lies in another forum within the schoolboy thread.

Schools have good years and bad years and Trinity have them not as often as Knox and Waverley. Just give the team some credit as they have all come through the age groups. They played by far the most attractive rugby in this comp and should be applauded. To try and cheapen their premiership by implying it was bought sounds a bit like sour grapes. Are Knox, Barker, and Waverley the only schools that have the right to win?

I know that they have made a concerted effort to make their sports programs more professional in terms of coaching and conditioning. Sports was not always Trinity's first priority as can be seen by their record in Rugby, swimming and athletics. However, they now have a structure in place in each sport with good coaches and staff. Might not guarantee them winning but at least makes them competitive.

I was at the Knox match yesterday with some friends and they said that although it was one sided, the way the team played was highly entertaining.
Knox tried hard but with a few injuries to star players they were never going to threaten. They will be back stronger next year. It just shows that you need a bit of luck with injuries to compete in a 10 round comp. All the teams had injuries at certain times of the year. It's how the replacements stepped up that determined how well a team could finish.

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
Still keen to hear from Cranbrook / Barker.

Barker 20-3 Cranbrook (0-0 half-time)
Pretty even game but difference was in the very effective kicking game to put Barker into scoring positions. Barker took their scoring chances and Cranbrook didn't. Some good defensive football played but too many mistakes under pressure by both sides particularly in attack meant opportunities went begging.

clubpro

Stan Wickham (3)
Great start to the game today by knox, coming out of the block hard. Few players got injured and trinity capitalized on this immensely. Following the 5 points trinity came back harder then ever, great decision making by the halves jones and debrezini and saw trinity hit back with a few tries. Later on in the half the knox number 1? crossed over for an easy try. nothing in it by my point of view in the crowd. Half time hit and trinity were up 38-10. Trinity used this to their advantage and came back harder then ever and about 5 minutes in after blistering runs by both the Orr brothers, Sio and the morsello boy they crossed over again.. and again... and again. special mention from trinity must go to Clark, Ryan, clunies-ross and the back row of the forwards for all their work on and off the ball.

Geez those trinity front rowers can motor. Did I see Cam Orr in the clear and try a chip and chase over the fullback? Seems very skillful. And the 15 yr old big boppa that comes on the last 10 mins of a match showed great impact. Only in year 10 and from what I heard from his parents is 114kg. Could be an adequate replacement for Sio for next year with Jamo Clark calling the shots at flyhalf.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Geez those trinity front rowers can motor. Did I see Cam Orr in the clear and try a chip and chase over the fullback? Seems very skillful. And the 15 yr old big boppa that comes on the last 10 mins of a match showed great impact. Only in year 10 and from what I heard from his parents is 114kg. Could be an adequate replacement for Sio for next year with Jamo Clark calling the shots at flyhalf.

All true. Morsello also made one extraordinary run down the sideline. Cam Orr is a really intersting prospect, as is Jamo Clark. And there's some good young talent to back them up.

Mind you, that guarantees nothing. There have been plenty of teams that did well one year, had several players returning the next, and didn't perform well (ask Newington this year). Debreczini has been pretty vital to this Trinity side, and while Clark is a great prospect, he's a different kind of player. Harrison Orr was colossal yesterday, and he'll be missed. Even someone like Logan, in the centre, although not as damaging a runner as the others, gave the midfield defence a solid core that won't be easy to duplicate.

Jack Gibson used to say that nobody's scarpbook ever won a premiership. So everyone starts next year with a clean slate, and with as much opportunity as everyone else.

You had to feel a bit sorry for Knox yesterday: by the end of the game, they'd used so many replacements that they ran out of numbers. Still, they probably started the year thinking that with Clarke returning at full back, they'd have a good side. Goes to show you can't take these things for granted.

Well done to Aloysius for knocking off Waverley yesterday, not something they do all that often. Can they stop Trinity going ten from ten next week? I think the short answer is no, but I'm sure they'll put in the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.