• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Club Players with potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Albert

I think Valentine is out injured for a week or two, and Phibbs is still another week or two away from returning. If this is correct, keep an eye on Tony Luxford at 9 for the Wicks in the TV Game vs Eastwood this wekend. He's unlucky to be stuck behind two Brumby halfbacks during the August-September period each year, but he can play. I'd love to see him get a shot in an Academy program somewhere.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Thanks for that observer - you have the best mail.

Well, that was another well kept secret wasn't it?

IIRR we weren't told how long Alcock's 1st contract was for and I assumed at the time that it was one of the required rookie contracts, not knowing that the old RUPA contract was in abeyance, as posters suggested was so in this forum.

I remember Rupert Guinness writing a couple of months ago lamenting that Alcock didn't have a Tahs contract for 2011, though I can't find it in my Scrapbook files at the minute. IIRR he said that McCutcheon had got his spot. When the signing of Cutch was announced earlier this year, (before Alcock got is chance against the Cheetahs), I thought the same.

Assuming RG's comment was right at the time, Chris must have been re-signed recently.

We have to be tea leaves readers don't we?

observer - did Chris say how long he as signed for and did you get the sense that it was indeed a new contract - or were we all barking up the wrong tree and he had a contract for more than a 1 year all along?

Whatever - it's good news for the Tahs, Alcock and (who knows) maybe Oz rugby.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
observer - did Chris say how long he as signed for and did you get the sense that it was indeed a new contract - or were we all barking up the wrong tree and he had a contract for more than a 1 year all along?

It was just mentioned in general conversation and I didn't quizz him further. It may be that he played 3 games in Super 14 and that automatically puts him into an upgraded contract as per RUPA CBA. If that's the case then it would be a one year contract I think.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
It was just mentioned in general conversation and I didn't quizz him further.

That is not good enough observer. FFS we live on these tidbits. Any further deficiencies and you will be turfed out of the G & G Trainspotters Club. The Nosey Parker Association has already dumped you.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
That is not good enough observer. FFS we live on these tidbits. Any further deficiencies and you will be turfed out of the G & G Trainspotters Club. The Nosey Parker Association has already dumped you.

I won't tell you about the winger the Tahs are buying from NZ then.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
If its tidbits you want LG, then the word over at www.twf.com.au is that Pat Dellit has/is going to sign with the Force.

Nothing official anywhere but where there's smoke.....

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I post over there every now and then and someone sent me a PM and asked me about Dellit. I gave him a good wrap.

Maybe it was John Mitchell.

You think ?? ?? :D :D

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
My contact confirmed just now that Dellit has a rookie contract, but I don't know the guy, though his username is "Coach"

You think ?

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
I post over there every now and then and someone sent me a PM and asked me about Dellit. I gave him a good wrap.

Maybe it was John Mitchell.

You think ?? ?? :D :D

If it was JM he probably would have been signed for the Lions... :)

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
My contact confirmed just now that Dellit has a rookie contract, but I don't know the guy, though his username is "Coach"

You think ?

Coach is TWF's answer to Scarfman so his info would be good, but I'm pretty sure you would know that LG.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I only just learned that Glen Christini will be taking over as coach of Parramatta in next years Shute Shield...

In the Canberra John I Dent Cup he coached Queanbeyan to two straight finals... then switched to Tuggeranong Vikings who beat Queanbeyan in last years final...

Now he looks on track to coaching the Vikings to their second successive final...

Nice work!

C

centreman

With regards to Alcock and his contract I think you will find that all 2010 contracted players have their contracts expiring on 1st October 2010 or thereabouts so therefore he is still technically a Waratah contracted player and would presumably respond as such if asked.
I notice that on the Waratahs web site in last weeks round up of Shute Shield games they refer to Rory Sidey as an " HSBC Waratah Centre" but he is not listed in their contracted players for 2011.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
With regards to Alcock and his contract I think you will find that all 2010 contracted players have their contracts expiring on 1st October 2010 or thereabouts so therefore he is still technically a Waratah contracted player and would presumably respond as such if asked.

Point - but observer wrote: "He told me he has a Super 15 contract for 2011 with the Tahs."

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
Apologies for hijacking this thread again all, but I was at the Ulster vs. Leeds (pre-season friendly) game tonight which one Adam D'arcy happened to start at fullback. He did virtually nothing wrong all night, was a constant threat when running and caught all his high balls to boot (He wasn't given any goalkicking duties).

I'll admit it was looking ominous for him near at the start when he was guilty of taking contact when he should have kicked ahead during an Ulster breakout from their half. However, he followed up by promptly creating our second try by running from the back on the counter and passed neatly to our tighthead who put one of the wingers over under the posts with an offload a QC (Quade Cooper) wouldn't have been ashamed of!

We may just have to keep the bloke.

(P.S. Ulster won 19-16 in the end.)

Status
Not open for further replies.