• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Club Players with potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
He's not in the pro academy - just the amateurs, and thereby eminently poachable.

For the Runners all the available pro academy guys get to start and the rest of the team is filled with the amateurs.

T

truckandtrailor

Dom Bower broke the record for the most individual points scored by a Randwick player. He scored 66 points I think against Penrith. He is also the leading try scorer in all grades in sydney with 35 last time i checked. You can check out the leading try and points scorers in Sydney on myrugby.com. O'Connor has had him down to train with the 7's squad before they went over to contest the London leg.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I think there is something worng with those stats. Bower couldn't have 37 tries in 15 or so games in a side that is struggling. I looked at First Grade and those stats don't look right as they are different to the Club Rugby program.

T

truckandtrailor

Why do they have to be incorrect? I've watched him play 3 games and each game he scored at least twice. He scored twice last weekend as well against southern districts. The myrugby page would have corrected it if it was incorrect. Don't be a doubter bro, go watch him play.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Anton LaVin has been playing really well on the wing in the 2 or 3 TV games I've seen him in. Apparently he can play center as well.

What's his deal? Is he old or in an academy? The Rebels will surely be looking for blokes like him once their recruiting concessions start to die down.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Enforcer Lavin has really stepped up and has to be currently one of the top if not the No1 player in the Shute Shield IMO. Definitely needs to get a chance at higher honours

R

Redsfan

Anton LaVin has been playing really well on the wing in the 2 or 3 TV games I've seen him in. Apparently he can play center as well.

What's his deal? Is he old or in an academy? The Rebels will surely be looking for blokes like him once their recruiting concessions start to die down.

He'd be around 24/25 now I think, he was in the very good Australian schoolboys side of '03 and had huge wraps on him, but busted his knee, went to league with the Roosters for a while and never quite came back to form, until now apparently.

Edit: he was a centre at school.

Not exactly sure of details but I think that's right.

T

tranquility

yeah thats right. He went to Churchie. He is a wild, wild boy though and I think some of that counted against him.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
Not sure whether I should post this here or not, but anyhow, Adam D'Arcy has come up to Ulster to trial with the club for a fortnight or so. What's the lowdown on him? Would he be worth signing up?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
For Ulster? Yes he has an Irish passport, and although Ulster is not in the republic it means that he is not counted as an import.

The Force had a good look at him when he went over there a couple of times but he decided to accept a pro academy spot with the Tahs - which is probably code for: "The Force didn't offer me anything better."

Oz rugby had their chance to sign him up and I wish him well. I commented that although it was a good idea to give the Rebels dispensation to use more foreigners during start up it would disadvantage some promising Oz players during the window period. Looks like D'Arcy is one of those.

He is a good open field runner backing up players and is usually a very good goal kicker though he lost his mojo a bit before he went over for his trial over there.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
For Ulster? Yes he has an Irish passport, and although Ulster is not in the republic it means that he is not counted as an import.

The Force had a good look at him when he went over there a couple of times but he decided to accept a pro academy spot with the Tahs - which is probably code for: "The Force didn't offer me anything better."

Oz rugby had their chance to sign him up and I wish him well. I commented that although it was a good idea to give the Rebels dispensation to use more foreigners during start up it would disadvantage some promising Oz players during the window period. Looks like D'Arcy is one of those.

He is a good open field runner backing up players and is usually a very good goal kicker though he lost his mojo a bit before he went over for his trial over there.

He sounds like what we need, particularly if he can kick goals. We're having a small crisis at fullback with Bryn Cunningham crocked and with Clinton Schifcofske gone to Super League. The fact that he could play for Ireland is a big bonus too due to the IRFU restrictions on non-qualified players. Thank you Mr. Grant.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
He was definitely killing it for Queanbeyan in the ACT comp. last year before being poached by the Wicks...

Steady on, you know the traditional development order for ACT backrowers; get noticed in local comp, play for Randwick and then Brumbies!

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
Shades of the Schoolboy Scholarship debate.

Good players will seek out opportunities to become better players and gain valuable experiences as they present themselves.

Queanbeyan to Randwick. Not the first time this has happened - D Campese.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Steady on, you know the traditional development order for ACT backrowers; get noticed in local comp, play for Randwick and then Brumbies!

I wasn't insinuating anything...

Just stating that he was a standout player for the Whites before heading to the Sydney comp...

I'm surprised Coleman and Stubbs haven't been picked up by a Sydney club yet... unless I'm behind on the times?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
I wasn't insinuating anything...

Just stating that he was a standout player for the Whites before heading to the Sydney comp...

I'm surprised Coleman and Stubbs haven't been picked up by a Sydney club yet... unless I'm behind on the times?

You would think they would be in Sydney by now wouldn't you? I mean half of the blokes flying over from WA have half as much talent as they do.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I have previously mentioned the young Uni lock, Sam Carter. He had an absolute blinder against Gordon on Sunday.

At 200cm he weighs 110kg with sub-60 cm skinfolds. His mature playing weight should be around 120kg. He has been pushed back to 2nds a few times to accommodate Dave Dennis in the Uni 2nd row but he is an outstanding talent. Durable, hard and quick across the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.