• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cooper boxing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I wouldn't read too much into QC (Quade Cooper) and SBW comments though. They are all pretty tight mates and had to back up Mundine. What sort of mate wouldn't?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't read too much into QC (Quade Cooper) and SBW comments though. They are all pretty tight mates and had to back up Mundine. What sort of mate wouldn't?

That's going way beyond backing up a mate.........

Support could have been expressed without tht nonsense..........

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It could be an expensive case of backing his mate for SBW.

...and it probably should be.

That's going way beyond backing up a mate...

Support could have been expressed without tht nonsense....

You're right Slim but that's not how the kids roll these days. Tell me you've never been given a touch up outside a pub after backing up a mate who you probably had cause to punch in the nose yourself? ;) We've all been there. The dude's being a dick but somehow when everyone else turns on him you still gotta stand next to him and wear a few hits - I never worked out why though. Lol!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
.and it probably should be.

You're right Slim but that's not how the kids roll these days. Tell me you've never been given a touch up outside a pub after backing up a mate who you probably had cause to punch in the nose yourself? ;) We've all been there. The dude's being a dick but somehow when everyone else turns on him you still gotta stand next to him and wear a few hits - I never worked out why though. Lol!

These guys have more than enough chips on their shoulders to go round - although SBW seemed normal until he came back here

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Predictions..

I'll be at Stocklands watching the Reds so I won't see the fight and as far as predictions go, I don't know a bloody thing about either fighter's ability. So my "prediction" will just be a fanciful guess. I'm in Quade's corner for a number of reasons. Firstly, I hope it ends in a KO inside the first round so that QC (Quade Cooper) is still nice and fresh for round 1. Second, his oppo seems like a douche bag and I've always been a QC (Quade Cooper) fan so there's that too. Third, QC (Quade Cooper)'s a Red and a Wallaby and I could never barrack for someone else. ;)

The only reason I would want the other guy to get up is so that hopefully QC (Quade Cooper) gets over this whole boxing thing and goes back to footy full time. Sadly though, win lose or draw, I think Quade will box again.

Go Quade!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'll be at Stocklands watching the Reds so I won't see the fight and as far as predictions go, I don't know a bloody thing about either fighter's ability. So my "prediction" will just be a fanciful guess. I'm in Quade's corner for a number of reasons. Firstly, I hope it ends in a KO inside the first round so that QC (Quade Cooper) is still nice and fresh for round 1. Second, his oppo seems like a douche bag and I've always been a QC (Quade Cooper) fan so there's that too. Third, QC (Quade Cooper)'s a Red and a Wallaby and I could never barrack for someone else. ;)

The only reason I would want the other guy to get up is so that hopefully QC (Quade Cooper) gets over this whole boxing thing and goes back to footy full time. Sadly though, win lose or draw, I think Quade will box again.

Go Quade!

All excellent reasons - and (since I know nothing of the other bloke this easier for me than you) being sat on his arse very quickly might be good for him and Australian (and QLD) rugby: 2 concepts we haven't seen in the same sentence for a while!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not sure about that entirely Inside Shoulder.

Can you imagine the greeting that the more feral spectators from the Land of The Darkness would give their public enemy #1 if that were the case.

He came in for a fair amount of grief at RWC 11, and despite the official rhetoric to the contrary, to this humble keyboard warrior QC (Quade Cooper) was put off his game by the Crowd and the overall Darknesser backlash.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
He's an athlete and doesn't mind a bit of niggle Quade so he may go okay.

I don't think he misses tackles because he's a wuss, he misses them because he stands up into contact and he's not big enough to get away with it.

Why does Quade stand up in the contact instead of getting lower?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

I prefer my mates telling me the truth.....maybe that's just me.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not sure about that entirely Inside Shoulder.

Can you imagine the greeting that the more feral spectators from the Land of The Darkness would give their public enemy #1 if that were the case.

He came in for a fair amount of grief at RWC 11, and despite the official rhetoric to the contrary, to this humble keyboard warrior QC (Quade Cooper) was put off his game by the Crowd and the overall Darknesser backlash.

Its only a question of degree - his other behaviour since RWC2011 will have given them new ammo anyway

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Inside Shoulder, True.

Perhaps Ensign Pulver needs to take a leaf from NSW AAGPS book to try and reduce the impact of raucous "tired and emotional" Darkness supporters by insisting on daylight kick off times for the Bledisloe Cup games.

There would be a chance with daylight kickoffs that there will be less time for consumption of their Steinlager abuse juice, which is known to encourage more extreme displays of Crowd boganism.

It works with Old Boys.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Why does Quade stand up in the contact instead of getting lower?
He wasn't high or low on the big Blues winger on Saturday. The guy was at full pace and guys were bouncing off him like billiard balls. Cooper tried to take him around the hips but Hardly slowed him down.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Max Boyce (Welsh singer and rugby tragic) sings about "The Outside Half Factory".

Methinks the Lords of Darkness have a "Bloody Big and Fast Winger Factory" hidden away in the hills just to the South of Auckland.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Max Boyce (Welsh singer and rugby tragic) sings about "The Outside Half Factory".

Methinks the Lords of Darkness have a "Bloody Big and Fast Winger Factory" hidden away in the hills just to the South of Auckland.

The secret is taro, coconut cream and parents who are willing to kick your ass every day.....you get big and fast on that diet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.