• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2023-24

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Issues right through though. Marnus averaged 34 with 1 century in 2023 and right now doesn’t look a Test 3 either. We have a streaky batter at 5 and have got lucky with Marsh finding some form.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If Smith averages 40 as an opener for the next 2-3 summers we’ll take it.

Lower than his past but I also think it’s more than what Bancroft would give us even though he’s done all he could to be picked. Starting to think there’s some more we never heard about.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Great atmosphere at the ground today but fuck it was hot and stanky. Feel for these players, especially the Aus bowlers who aren’t being rewarded by the batting or their fielders. Two absolute sitters put down by Green and Smith today.

Through the pain and suffering it’s looking like it could turn into a decent match though.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If Smith averages 40 as an opener for the next 2-3 summers we’ll take it.

Lower than his past but I also think it’s more than what Bancroft would give us even though he’s done all he could to be picked. Starting to think there’s some more we never heard about.

That only works if we have a number four who can average that or more. At the moment our batting order looks weaker for all the changes.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Great rescue job by the lower order today. We don't deserve to be in this game but we well and truly still are. Big session coming up in the morning and the weather forecast will be closely watched I expect.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yup.

If that bail drops WI are effectively 1/120+ right now rather than 1/33 & your blokes need someone to do something special with the ball or the bat or both to claw back the advantage.
As it is we're still going to have to do something special with the ball today to be in with a chance

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What’s a legitimate total we could chase down from where we are right now. Pitch seems pretty mundane but the conditions are making the ball do a little bit.

150: Ideal
200: Doable
250: Deep shit

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
What’s a legitimate total we could chase down from where we are right now. Pitch seems pretty mundane but the conditions are making the ball do a little bit.

150: Ideal
200: Doable
250: Deep shit
It’s tricky because there’s quite a few contradictory factors.

Good batting wicket but with pace for the Joseph’s to get through the chest of the batter.

Swing under lights and with this humidity but the ball is putty by over 15.

Easily the most stacked top 6 in world cricket at this very moment but they’re all playing like they have amnesia.

On this deck I can see 400 being achievable honestly but I can also see another collapse. Despite all the changes to this match the Gabba has basically always been like that.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
And I guess the other thing is our bowlers seem to forget how to bowl line and length as soon as they get to the tail end batsmen

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
S. Joseph was holding his shoulder yesterday. Wonder how he’s travelling because Sinclair doesn’t spin it they’ll be nervous giving him overs if he’s going for easy runs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yup.

If that bail drops WI are effectively 1/120+ right now rather than 1/33 & your blokes need someone to do something special with the ball or the bat or both to claw back the advantage.

Sliding doors. Just like a penalty kick changes the course of a Rugby game, a wicket there has no clearly predictable outcome.